The Reset Glitch Hack

XBOX NAND rad/write.
brabb

Post by brabb »

usbbdm wrote:Send it to me and I can take a look. I should soon get the module and will add support to it.
How you want me to send it? Upload site or can I send it through here.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

brabb wrote:How you want me to send it? Upload site or can I send it through here.
Email can be found in software about.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

brabb wrote:How you want me to send it? Upload site or can I send it through here.
[email protected]
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I still have not received the file. But rename to JAM is different thing. Do not assume a text file is the same as another text file. JAM file has its own syntax and you have to specify the JAM output when you compile the CPLD.
gypo

Post by gypo »

jed files can be viewed and edited in a txt editor and so can jam, this is why I wanted a sample jam file so I could spot the difference in syntax and make a simple converter.

Not had chance to look at the linked SDK to see if it has the abiliity to convert the files for us.
brabb

Post by brabb »

usbbdm wrote:I still have not received the file. But rename to JAM is different thing. Do not assume a text file is the same as another text file. JAM file has its own syntax and you have to specify the JAM output when you compile the CPLD.
Alright well I just sent it, sorry it took so long had some stuff come up. But check the file out im not really sure if thats it but you can e the judge of that.I also seen this program that you can try, I cant get it to wor properly but its worth a try. Its called lat2jam.exe and it says it converts a JEDEC to a .jam. But like I said its giving me errors.

https://www.altera.com/download/program ... -index.jsp
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

My questions is why not direct generat the JAM file. This is an option you can check before you generate the JED file. The convert file will not work since it is very old and for Altera device.
My assumption is that the JED file is free and the either you will have the source of VHDL or you can ask the author to generate the JAM file.
brabb

Post by brabb »

usbbdm wrote:My questions is why not direct generat the JAM file. This is an option you can check before you generate the JED file. The convert file will not work since it is very old and for Altera device.
My assumption is that the JED file is free and the either you will have the source of VHDL or you can ask the author to generate the JAM file.
Yeah I remember seeing that, I just havent messed with there software much so I havent got that far yet. But I did create a .svf with it, which then I tried converting it to .jam. I sent you another email so let me know if those are any better.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I got those file and seems to be OK. I will start to write code to add JAM support. It will take about two weeks time.
brabb

Post by brabb »

usbbdm wrote:I got those file and seems to be OK. I will start to write code to add JAM support. It will take about two weeks time.
Alright sounds good, glad to hear your getting on it. Thanks
cnr0616

Glitch Items

Post by cnr0616 »

I have a USB JTag and JTag NT, and I also would like to work on the glitch hack.

However, I also wanted to be able to read and write some NAND's on other devices. The 360 clip (http://www.360-clip.com/) looks like it will work to access the NAND on the 360 and other devices.

My question is, can I read and write NAND's with the USB JTag NT using the 360-clip? Or does the Cool Runner II CPLD need to be between the two?

The 360 is my main target, but I am also very interested in programming the firmware on a Zebra 140xiIII main logic board, I have around 5 that are dead at $1200 each replacement cost.
gypo

Post by gypo »

My CoolRunner turned up this morning and it's slightly different from the ones I've spotted in the tutorials online.

I also have another one on it's way, from a different seller.

The one in the picture is a rev B, do we know how many revisions there are out there and what mods need to be made to them?

When the other board arrives I will compare them, if the other one is a rev A and figure out what mods need to be made so we can use the current tutorial info (unless somebody already has this info and feels like they want to share it).

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

gypo wrote:My CoolRunner turned up this morning and it's slightly different from the ones I've spotted in the tutorials online.

I also have another one on it's way, from a different seller.

The one in the picture is a rev B, do we know how many revisions there are out there and what mods need to be made to them?

When the other board arrives I will compare them, if the other one is a rev A and figure out what mods need to be made so we can use the current tutorial info (unless somebody already has this info and feels like they want to share it).

I got the same one this weekend. I will soon start to test on it with the JAM file I received in email.
iLLNESS

Post by iLLNESS »

usbbdm wrote:I got the same one this weekend. I will soon start to test on it with the JAM file I received in email.
that board you are using has the older style chip in it. it was depreciated in favor of the xc2c64a.
brabb

Post by brabb »

usbbdm wrote:I got the same one this weekend. I will soon start to test on it with the JAM file I received in email.
A new .jed file just released not sure if there different, will check later on that but do you need a updated file of the one I sent you?