Programmer going bad?

XBOX NAND rad/write.
Nerax

Programmer going bad?

Post by Nerax »

Recently i have been running into issues with my jtag's. To answer some simple questions upfront i have jtagged somewhere between 50-75 xbox's so im familiar with the process. Now to the problem. I am getting mixxed results when reading the nand. I get all 00000's or i get the info 2004-2005 nand when i do a "getram 0 4200" command. Then when i read i get all 000's this is on two xbox's one is a xenon the other is jasper 512. Now one of the xbox's wont power on at all. Corrupt nand i suspect and the other the xenon will power on with nt connected and wont power on without it connected.

Sorry for the rambling i just didnt know where else to turn. Unfortunately i dont have the ability to test with another programmer but, am in the process of checking on another comp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Nerax wrote:Recently i have been running into issues with my jtag's. To answer some simple questions upfront i have jtagged somewhere between 50-75 xbox's so im familiar with the process. Now to the problem. I am getting mixxed results when reading the nand. I get all 00000's or i get the info 2004-2005 nand when i do a "getram 0 4200" command. Then when i read i get all 000's this is on two xbox's one is a xenon the other is jasper 512. Now one of the xbox's wont power on at all. Corrupt nand i suspect and the other the xenon will power on with nt connected and wont power on without it connected.

Sorry for the rambling i just didnt know where else to turn. Unfortunately i dont have the ability to test with another programmer but, am in the process of checking on another comp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Can you try to see if JTAG part working? Use it on router or modem.
The JTAG NT was initially built for JTAG usage. There is no protection on two extra pins (pin 11,pin 13). I do not know if you have killed those two pins. In the mean time you can try to lower the speed (speed 2 or speed 1) to see if you get better result.
Nerax

Post by Nerax »

I will give that a shot ive got a 5100 lying around. Getting ahead of myself here. but, If the modem reads and writes then i would assume that pins 11 & 13 are bad. Its intermittent though because just after the post it let me read and write but seems as though the write is getting corrupted because the box wouldnt do a full boot. Either way i will get back to you shortly with results from the modem.

Thank you and ak for all your work on the xbox side it has helped alot.
Nerax

Post by Nerax »

5100 will work somewhat with script. detect only works if i power off the modem and power it back on. erase freezes. read works but as stated write freezes on erase. tried at all speeds. Tried with sprogram and program.

Does that help any.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Nerax wrote:5100 will work somewhat with script. detect only works if i power off the modem and power it back on. erase freezes. read works but as stated write freezes on erase. tried at all speeds. Tried with sprogram and program.

Does that help any.
You should get 100% detect on SB510x modem if the modem is not bricked. Get consistant CPUID/IMPDODE and flash. If not then there is a sign that the NT is not working well now.
Nerax

Post by Nerax »

yeah im not getting 100% but the modem isnt working well either so im torn and i dont have a 5100 here that i can play with that orig. Im just going to order another nt and hope that fixes my problems worst case ill have a spare.

with that said is there anything i can do to protect 11 & 13 pins or should i order nandx for xbox's?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Nerax wrote:yeah im not getting 100% but the modem isnt working well either so im torn and i dont have a 5100 here that i can play with that orig. Im just going to order another nt and hope that fixes my problems worst case ill have a spare.

with that said is there anything i can do to protect 11 & 13 pins or should i order nandx for xbox's?
If you do a lot of programming, you should be aware do not do hot plug that is the step one and easy to do. Only plug JTAG connection when both USB and xbox powered off. If either side has power there might small sparks and in the long run you might get in trouble.

Second you can try to add two 100 ohm resistors on each of pin 11 and pin 13. This should add some level of projection to the pins.
If you really do a lot of programming you might consider add a buffer (74HC244) between the JTAG NT and XBOX. That will provide best protection. You have to figure out how to connect them and leave permenent connection between NT and 74HC244 and only plug the connection between 74HC244 to your XBOX, this should be enough in any case. Be be careful since 74HC244 has very strong drain power it might kill your XBOX in case you do not connect it right.

I would say use 100 ohms resistor to start with.
mrazzido123

Post by mrazzido123 »

hello is my jtag nt broken?

i flashed some xboxes today i got another xbox , i solder everthing right.

Software regnonize JTAG but i get only 0000 ...
when i disconect XBOX , and i click detect flash software show me the chip . and no xbox is connectet. ?!?.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

mrazzido123 wrote:hello is my jtag nt broken?

i flashed some xboxes today i got another xbox , i solder everthing right.

Software regnonize JTAG but i get only 0000 ...
when i disconect XBOX , and i click detect flash software show me the chip . and no xbox is connectet. ?!?.
Try another device. I do not think this is bad. Normally this is the issue with the soldering.
mrazzido123

Post by mrazzido123 »

i thiink my jtag is broken, tommorow i test it with a modem.
i test antoher xbox , which i flash succes full weeks before. jtag software find the XBOX chip and no XBOX is connected. the xbox doesnt turn of when i detect chip.
soldering is 100% :-/
mrazzido123

Post by mrazzido123 »

i check usbjtagnt with SB5100E and sb5101E works. hmm.

--

but the same in xbox mode, i can detect the chip witout xbox is connect.
and when xbox is right connected it doesnt turn off , and reading is 000. :(
mrazzido123

Post by mrazzido123 »

hey , ok iam back after holiday , and i try next time with xbox. i think my jtag is broken on xbox. i tried 3x xboxes that work weeks before.

the software regonize chip

Code: Select all

-flshdct 0
Found Address= 00000000 HY27US08281A
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
but no xbox is connected.

when i connect xbox. doenst turn off..

i read success full Some modems. only xbox doesnt work..
:(

soldering is 100% right..
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

XBOX uses two extra pins that are not used in normal MIPS jtag. That could indicate you have burnt one or two of those pins. Use it as regular JTAG for now.
UserName

Post by UserName »

i found that sometimes even the usb port in pc broke.....check another pc.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused: