QT Framework tar in downloads section is corrupt

Report bugs found in the software. New release will fix those busg.
hephenwisen

QT Framework tar in downloads section is corrupt

Post by hephenwisen »

I'm trying to get USBTAGNT software running on Mac OS X 10.8.2. When I untar the Framework.tar I get the following error.

Code: Select all

$ tar -xvf Frameworks.tar 
x Frameworks/
x Frameworks/QtCore.framework/
x Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/
x Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/
x Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore: Truncated tar archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
Subsequently QtGui.framework is never extracted.

As a work around, I attempted to install the Qt Libraries by downloading qt-mac-opensource-4.8.3.dmg from http://qt-project.org and after mounting it, installed the package in packages/Qt_libraries.pkg which installs the appropriate frameworks.

$ ls -dl /Library/Frameworks/{QtCore,QtGui}.framework
drwxrwxr-x  6 root  admin  204 Oct 26 18:10 /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/
drwxrwxr-x  7 root  admin  238 Oct 26 18:10 /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/
Unfortunately, even with these files in place USBJTAGNT fails to load

$ ./USBJTAGNT 
dyld: Library not loaded: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
  Referenced from: usbjtagnt/USBJTAGNT
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Trace/BPT trap: 5
$ file /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui 
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
$ uname -a
Darwin 12.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: Sat Aug 25 00:48:52 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.18.24~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
I'd like to test this software under OS X to see if it's worth purchasing a license, or at least get it running :)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The instruction of how to load to Mac was done a while ago.
You are right you should make sure it runs before purchase the license.
However I do not think this is a bug. It should be better use the file download here. The download from QT might have different version than the one when NT is created.
Did you run as root when untar the file?
hephenwisen

Post by hephenwisen »

Yes, I did try as root but to extract it to a directory my user can write to that is not necessary. The file in the download section is corrupt. Please see the error message in OP and try to download and extract it yourself.

As an aside, once successful, I can create an installer for others to use. These multiple steps are an unnecessary complexity.
hephenwisen

Post by hephenwisen »

Good news. I think my first download was truncated and it's working correctly now. My mistake!

Here's the SHA-1 checksum of the file that decompresses correctly.

f266a3c078f7c12f7467ef681f0b45c03859ef42  Frameworks.tar
Looks great, thanks for your work.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

hephenwisen wrote:Yes, I did try as root but to extract it to a directory my user can write to that is not necessary. The file in the download section is corrupt. Please see the error message in OP and try to download and extract it yourself.

As an aside, once successful, I can create an installer for others to use. These multiple steps are an unnecessary complexity.
If you can help to make an installer that will be great. Personally I do not use mac as much.