How to jtag SB6141?

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

maximose

How to jtag SB6141?

Post by maximose »

Does anyone have a guide or pin out of the 6141 and where to provide power and how? Is there an xml available for usbjtag?
moddog

Post by moddog »

maximose wrote:Does anyone have a guide or pin out of the 6141 and where to provide power and how? Is there an xml available for usbjtag?
viewtopic.php?t=8058&highlight=SB6141
viewtopic.php?t=8482&highlight=SB6141
Good better best
maximose

Post by maximose »

Wow thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me find topics that I already saw. Sorry to inconvenience you so badly that you couldn't answer what I actually asked.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

maximose wrote:Wow thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me find topics that I already saw. Sorry to inconvenience you so badly that you couldn't answer what I actually asked.
While Moddog did NOT answer your question, You have not provided enough information to make it possible to offer you better help.

Please post what is the Model # of the flash, and what type, SPI Flash?
I would bet it is SPI Flash and if so Is it an 8 Pin SPI or 16 Pin SPI?
As for XML, That is easy enough to make and you may not even have to, But we will only Know that once YOU PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
maximose

Post by maximose »

It is a 16 pin chip. If I went off the 6120 pinout, could I just make an xml and use USBJTAG to update the firmware?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

maximose wrote:It is a 16 pin chip. If I went off the 6120 pinout, could I just make an xml and use USBJTAG to update the firmware?
Check datasheet of the 16 pin flash. Connect the same pin out based on its name.
Basically the 16 pin and 8 pin SPI flash are the same. 16 pin is easier to solder.