SB6120 Firmware Update

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

savva

SB6120 Firmware Update

Post by savva »

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade just the firmware on this box and want to know what the write way of doing is.

I got the firmware that i needed however i'm unsure if i grab the keys/certs using jmodem and then use the bin file to update my firmware and program back my mac and certs or do i only need to program uboot, env1, env2 UBFI1

Any help would be great.

Thanks
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

savva wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade just the firmware on this box and want to know what the write way of doing is.

I got the firmware that i needed however i'm unsure if i grab the keys/certs using jmodem and then use the bin file to update my firmware and program back my mac and certs or do i only need to program uboot, env1, env2 UBFI1

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Just back up firmware and write to the modem you want to update firmware too. AN EXTREAMLY EASY THING.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
savva

Post by savva »

Thanks for your reply.

Now from what i see when i was plyaing around with the usbjtag software it does an erase before it does a write. I would assume in this case i'd loose my MAC address and serial numbers on the flash.

using the update firmware file, which sections do i need to do?? U-Boot, env1, env2, UBFI1, UBFI2 ??
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

savva wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Now from what i see when i was plyaing around with the usbjtag software it does an erase before it does a write. I would assume in this case i'd loose my MAC address and serial numbers on the flash.

using the update firmware file, which sections do i need to do?? U-Boot, env1, env2, UBFI1, UBFI2 ??
If you do a full erase and write YES you will lose ALL. However theres no NEED to do that just to Change the Firmware. Now where to write the Firmware is Just a Matter of looking at the Video Tutorial. If a bit Outdated so it will show Image0 and Image1 as the place where to Program Firmware. Compare that with the Options on New Software and you will LEARN where to program the Firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."