How can I backup the firmware using USBJTAG NT v0.54?

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

dragon173

How can I backup the firmware using USBJTAG NT v0.54?

Post by dragon173 »

Trying to back up the firmware on my SB6120. Does anyone know the instructions for it? Thanks.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dragon173 wrote:Trying to back up the firmware on my SB6120. Does anyone know the instructions for it? Thanks.
Member since 2008, And you still don't know where to find INFO?
Left side of your Screen Under Video Tutorial

http://www.usbjtag.com/menu.php?p=2|10|20|#20
GEEZZZZZZZZZ
dragon173

Post by dragon173 »

I've looked there and searched the forums already. The video tutorial is for programming the firmware NOT backing it up. Also, software in the tutorial is v0.34 and mine is 0.54. They look completely different.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dragon173 wrote:I've looked there and searched the forums already. The video tutorial is for programming the firmware NOT backing it up. Also, software in the tutorial is v0.34 and mine is 0.54. They look completely different.
Then you Must Not know How to Read English. The very first Video Is ( BackUp )
Here the Link So you don't hurt your self trying to Find it.

http://www.usbjtag.com/tutorial/sb6120/sb6120backup.php

And the steps are the Same No matter if its 0.34 or 0.1001, Steps are the same.
And the only difference before you ask another NOOB Question is that befoe it was Image0 and Image1, that has changed to UBFI1 & UBFI2 In case you can't figure it out on your Own......
And while you at talking about that, Current software is 0.56a, Not your outdated,0.54..........

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

dragon173 wrote:I've looked there and searched the forums already. The video tutorial is for programming the firmware NOT backing it up. Also, software in the tutorial is v0.34 and mine is 0.54. They look completely different.
The basic concept is still the same. No need to make another video. BTW the new version is now 0.56a.
dragon173

Post by dragon173 »

CAPONE wrote:Then you Must Not know How to Read English. The very first Video Is ( BackUp )
Here the Link So you don't hurt your self trying to Find it.

http://www.usbjtag.com/tutorial/sb6120/sb6120backup.php

And the steps are the Same No matter if its 0.34 or 0.1001, Steps are the same.
And the only difference before you ask another NOOB Question is that befoe it was Image0 and Image1, that has changed to UBFI1 & UBFI2 In case you can't figure it out on your Own......
And while you at talking about that, Current software is 0.56a, Not your outdated,0.54..........
Pardon my noobiness again, but that backup video, is it backing up the full flash or just the firmware? It seemed like the backup tutorial backed up the FULL DUMP and not the firmware. I just want to back up the firmware. The reason I'm asking about just backing up the firmware and not the full dump is because my firmware on my modem is old and according to my service provider, is the reason its not connecting to their DHCP server. I have a friend with the same modem on the same service provider but his modem can connect to their DHCP server and mine can't. If I "follow" the backup tutorial link you provided me, I'll be backing up my friend's full dump file and just programming it into mine instead, which is not what I'm trying to do.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dragon173 wrote:Pardon my noobiness again, but that backup video, is it backing up the full flash or just the firmware? It seemed like the backup tutorial backed up the FULL DUMP and not the firmware. I just want to back up the firmware. The reason I'm asking about just backing up the firmware and not the full dump is because my firmware on my modem is old and according to my service provider, is the reason its not connecting to their DHCP server. I have a friend with the same modem on the same service provider but his modem can connect to their DHCP server and mine can't. If I "follow" the backup tutorial link you provided me, I'll be backing up my friend's full dump file and just programming it into mine instead, which is not what I'm trying to do.

LMFAO, REALLY So you want to Just back Up Firmware
First ( Thats really a DUMB Move ) Its best to have a full backup in case ( And for the sounds of it you may ) You Screew Up you can get it back up.
That being said, You don't need to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST to figure out how to save the Firm

Getram UBFI1
Save UBFI1
Getram UBFI2
SaveUBFI2

Why don't you install TeamView and Someone Can do it for you while you Hold a Video Camara to Recored it. LMFAO.....

And the person that told you that it was becouse of the Firmware, Has No clue what he is talking about. The SB6120 ( Even when its not Provitioned ) Will take a firmware Update on its Own. Provided No one Fucked with it Prior to connecting it to the Cable Feed.

dragon173

Post by dragon173 »

As much as I appreciate your help, I had a feeling it was simply backing up UBF11 and UBF12 but for some reason you had a very hard time understanding simple English and giving me the run around instead. For that matter, you need to learn proper English and how to actually read what I said. If your attacking me simply because I asked how to backup something as simple as the firmware and your penor gets the best of you and start throwing your shit around really makes you look stupid. And FYI any noob is smart enough to make a backup before doing anything. Oh wait, it's just common sense to backup your file before modifying it. What you said about the carrier automatically pushing the firmware to the modem is true however, this is not the case for my ISP. The firmware has to be manually pushed and I'm not interested in explaining every detail too you.
Anyways thanks for confirming what I already found on the forums and by looking at the 6120 scripts.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dragon173 wrote:As much as I appreciate your help, I had a feeling it was simply backing up UBF11 and UBF12 but for some reason you had a very hard time understanding simple English and giving me the run around instead. For that matter, you need to learn proper English and how to actually read what I said. If your attacking me simply because I asked how to backup something as simple as the firmware and your penor gets the best of you and start throwing your shit around really makes you look stupid. And FYI any noob is smart enough to make a backup before doing anything. Oh wait, it's just common sense to backup your file before modifying it. What you said about the carrier automatically pushing the firmware to the modem is true however, this is not the case for my ISP. The firmware has to be manually pushed and I'm not interested in explaining every detail too you.
Anyways thanks for confirming what I already found on the forums and by looking at the 6120 scripts.
Dude the Software is so User Friendly that anyone with 5 or more Brain Cells can figure out how to use it. The full backup contains every single part that you can back Up by itself, Like save the u-boot,env1,nvram separately if you chose to.
Same is true if you make a full backup of you friends Modem, That does not mean you have to write full flash, You can simplly load full flash select UBFI1 tab and program then select UBFI2 Tab and Program. Like I said Its Not Rocket Science.

And its totaly Retarded that the firmware has to be Manually Pushed. LMFAO, That would mean that the ISP if need to Update Firmware of there Clients Modems will have to have them returned for firmware Updating????? Thats Retarded.....