Alternate ISP

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

deftonesmw

Alternate ISP

Post by deftonesmw »

Is there another point on the 6120 where i can find the ISP circuit? I've got a board here that had R362 burned right the hell off.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

deftonesmw wrote:Is there another point on the 6120 where i can find the ISP circuit? I've got a board here that had R362 burned right the hell off.
Yes.If you look closely at my picture. Another point had some leftover solder on, That point can be used as ISP point too. Basically it should be the reset circuit and as long as you hold reset pin steady while power up you can program the SPI chip in system.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

usbbdm wrote:Yes.If you look closely at my picture. Another point had some leftover solder on, That point can be used as ISP point too. Basically it should be the reset circuit and as long as you hold reset pin steady while power up you can program the SPI chip in system.
I burnt it off a modem or two back and tried that other spot out of curiosity but it did not work.

What - Where is the reset pin you are referring to?
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Here is the alternate ISP pin

Regards
deftonesmw

Post by deftonesmw »

usbbdm wrote:Yes.If you look closely at my picture. Another point had some leftover solder on, That point can be used as ISP point too. Basically it should be the reset circuit and as long as you hold reset pin steady while power up you can program the SPI chip in system.
Thanks for this info, but what do you mean by the bold above? Should i just hold the ISP wire from the NT on that point until the modem boots fully? Can't i just solder? Please elaborate.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

deftonesmw wrote:Thanks for this info, but what do you mean by the bold above? Should i just hold the ISP wire from the NT on that point until the modem boots fully? Can't i just solder? Please elaborate.
As I stated I soldered that point with no successes (seen in the pic) thx
Maybe it works don't have the modem to re-test.

sometimes very hard to understand:rolleyes: