2500 box poor signal

Use USB JTAG NT for development. GNU deugger etc.
p128sniper

2500 box poor signal

Post by p128sniper »

Hey guys i have another issue i want to see if im doing something wrong. I have 2 2500 boxes recently that after programming them they go to poor signal. I dont think its a bad firmware or anything since both the boxes are from different areas and both i used a different firmware to program and both still got poor signal. Heres the commands ive always been doing on 2500 boxes and never had a problem until today.

1)detect
2)ldram nvram
3)setram nvram
4)program 90000000 400000
5)program plat

Again ive done this same commands on alot of 2500 boxes and for some reason it only happens now on these 2 poor signal. Any ideas?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The settings are in NVRAM, if you use the NVRAM from another box which has different tuner (or hardware configuration) you might have this issue. I think the NVRAM is the key not the firmware.
p128sniper

Post by p128sniper »

crap well now testing it for a while i got it bricked and cannot unbrick it , here is what im trying

1)DETECT
2) tap c
3) tap a ffffffff (debug ON)
4)ldram boot
5)ldram plat
6)erase boot
7)sprogram boot
8)RESET (debug OFF)
9) DETECT
10)program plat (here is where it gets stuck)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Aside from what USBBDM has pointed out, Recently I have noticed that using OLD firmware will also cause this problem. So make sure box is running The most up to date firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
p128sniper

Post by p128sniper »

I will go ahead and try another firmware and see if it still gets stuck on the program plat, im pretty sure i was using the latest firmware but ill try it now and get back to you.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Really? Actually another variable besides dissimiliar Tuners ? Jesus, dude - how do you extract these conclusions ? You're like a Hoover Upright Vacuum cleaner for troubleshooting down to nitty-gritty. Damn !
p128sniper

Post by p128sniper »

still cannot debrick tried 3 different files from old to new and still gets stuck on program plat. Again im using debrick method shown in tuturiol vids.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

p128sniper wrote:still cannot debrick tried 3 different files from old to new and still gets stuck on program plat. Again im using debrick method shown in tuturiol vids.
If you need setup teamviewer and I can take a look remotely.
Something must be wrong.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Its not a boot brick it is a plate brick, so programming boot is not going to help, you of to load all flash and program each tap and cmpram.
Good better best
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Most of the time I found over the teamviewer is something completely different than what is described. So until then I cannot guess much.
p128sniper

Post by p128sniper »

I actually unbricked it with some luck but it would be great if you can still see if you can get rid of the poor signal issue. I have team viewer set up and ready to partners id in. Im in chicago so it is 2 o clock now and i will be here until 8 central time. How can we do this im not sure where you are located.
household2

Post by household2 »

your wiring is bad triit at somebody elses house
moddog

Post by moddog »

p128sniper wrote:I actually unbricked it with some luck but it would be great if you can still see if you can get rid of the poor signal issue. I have team viewer set up and ready to partners id in. Im in chicago so it is 2 o clock now and i will be here until 8 central time. How can we do this im not sure where you are located.
Write back the original back to the box and see if you get poor signal.
Good better best