***Best JTAG***

Use USB JTAG NT for development. GNU deugger etc.
Post Reply
glennjr15
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm

***Best JTAG***

Post by glennjr15 »

Hello All,

Kinda new, but I don't really think I'm a total noob, as I've done a lot of reading. I'm just trying to clear some things up as far as ordering a JTAG is concerned. I am assuming that these are truths, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

USBJTAGNT is from "usbjtag.com" is from this site, and appears to be the default device.
BLACKCATUSBJTAG is from "cablehack.net" which appears to be an ally of this site.
BLACKCAT seems to have been replaced by USBJTAGNT.
SBUSBJTAG is from "sbhacker.net" or member sites.
HAXORWARE is from a member site that is endorsed by SBHacker.

Now for my question. Aside from all the mud-slinging, which JTAG is better, and WHY? (SBUSBJTAG vs. USBJTAGNT) Can they use the same software, or do they each have their own proprietary software that the units MUST use? I'm kinda ruling HAXORWARE out because of lack of availability, and because it's still at an extremely early stage of support, etc.

Thanks in advance for the 411.
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8730
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/index.php

SBH JTAG is clone of old USB JTAG from this site and use software from this site and that cause the development of USB JTAG stopped. NT is still under actively development. Old USB JTAG (or its clone) had been discontinued support from this site about 3 years. NT software is still under development.
Check the software history of
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/download ... file&id=66
And 0.41 will soon be released. Then Linux and Mac will be supported. Read this
viewtopic.php?t=5462
So you know which is better.
Haxomatic uses FTDI and the JTAG part uses Tom's JTAG utility which was developed by thirdparty and really slow on JTAG side. FTDI can do SPI program fast and that is all it is. It cannot be called JTAG since it cannot do the JTAG job.
The new device that NT supports are not supported by old USB JTAG.
I just added SPI programming via JTAG like AR430W. These devices uses SPI flash but programmed via JTAG port.

Anyway new devices can be supported by NT easily since I am here actively testing them.
Read this newly happy customer who is developing new devices and get what he needs.
viewtopic.php?t=5408
Koevoet
Junior Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:29 am

Post by Koevoet »

USBJTAGNT -is the top device out at the moment with superb support for the device. including future support for linux and mac . Ejtag,SPI and jtag over SPI are supported with this device

USBJTAG/SBHJTAG - The old usbjtag originally from here is no longer supported due to it being cloned . The sbhjtag which is the clone does exactly what the old usbjtag did, however it does not support SPI programming. There is a clone of this version on Cablehack/usbjtags.com as well. This programmer only does Ejtag programming

BLACKCATUSB -Is a low cost open source programmer from TCN or Embeddedcomputers as they are now known, It is somewhat slower than the above devices mentioned , but is ideal for someone with a low budget. This programmer does ejtag as well as SPI

HAXOMATIC - FTDI based programmer , can not really comment on this as it does not seem to have a release date for software or hardware

Cablehack is NOT an ally of usbjtag.com

So to answer your question: To date USBJTAGNT is the best device out there at the present time.

Regards
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

Koevoet wrote:USBJTAGNT -is the top device out at the moment with superb support for the device. including future support for linux and mac . Ejtag,SPI and jtag over SPI are supported with this device

USBJTAG/SBHJTAG - The old usbjtag originally from here is no longer supported due to it being cloned . The sbhjtag which is the clone does exactly what the old usbjtag did, however it does not support SPI programming. There is a clone of this version on Cablehack/usbjtags.com as well. This programmer only does Ejtag programming

BLACKCATUSB -Is a low cost open source programmer from TCN or Embeddedcomputers as they are now known, It is somewhat slower than the above devices mentioned , but is ideal for someone with a low budget. This programmer does ejtag as well as SPI

HAXOMATIC - FTDI based programmer , can not really comment on this as it does not seem to have a release date for software or hardware

Cablehack is NOT an ally of usbjtag.com

So to answer your question: To date USBJTAGNT is the best device out there at the present time.

Regards
WOW. LOL

USBJTAG NT By Far is the Original and the Best. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
konnan
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by konnan »

No question about it... USBJTAG(USBBDM) is the best.
jsalz45
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by jsalz45 »

depends on what u doing i have all but the blackcat usb

if u do spi all the time and jtag sometimes the haxomatic is the best as it can do 30mhz spi (i want to get a nt with 48mhz hint hint) the haxomatic is out but its backordered

if u do jtag alot with spi some times the nt is better
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

jsalz45 wrote:depends on what u doing i have all but the blackcat usb

if u do spi all the time and jtag sometimes the haxomatic is the best as it can do 30mhz spi (i want to get a nt with 48mhz hint hint) the haxomatic is out but its backordered

if u do jtag alot with spi some times the nt is better
Depends. Big tool does not mean better tool. LOL Regardless USBJTAG Was the Original al the rest are just upgraded clones. Heck a little Birdy said that USBBDM is the one helping them in the creation of the Tool or software. I can't confirm this Just what I heard. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8730
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

The current way of SPI programming on modems is hack. The proper way to do SPI programing is through JTAG (if it exist). NT can now support Broadcom and Atheros SPI via JTAG.
In the future more and more SPI flashes but if there exist JTAG port then you should try to use JTAG to program.
This is Broadcom SPI via JTAG.
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/router/wgr614v9.php
This is Atheros SPI via JTAG
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/router/ar430w.php
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

Thanks for the INFO Boss. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
glennjr15
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm

And the winner is...

Post by glennjr15 »

Thanks for the 411 guys. It appears that "USBJTAGNT" is is the winner, and that imitation continues to be the highest form of flattery. :cool:
jsalz45
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by jsalz45 »

the haxomatic is not even close to a clone so dont go there

and the sbh jtag has diffent cpld code (how ever it interfaced with your software)

there realy not realy clones however the software can be copyright for the sbh jtag but not the hardware
majjjik1
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

info

Post by majjjik1 »

does the usbjtag nt software work with the usbjtag from cablehack dot net?
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8730
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

majjjik1 wrote:does the usbjtag nt software work with the usbjtag from cablehack dot net?
You got the clone and of course not. The so called usbjtag from cablehack was obsolete from us long time ago and they continue use obsolete software from this site. They have no software support. We purposely not support those USB JTAG any more.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

majjjik1 wrote:does the usbjtag nt software work with the usbjtag from cablehack dot net?
Like USBBDM Said. The clone USBJTAG does not work with the USBJTAG NT SOft. You got the clone then go to there site for questions and support. Want support from here then Buy the USBJTAG NT. The read Deal. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cheeto
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by cheeto »

I totally agree with not supporting cloned usbjtag's. However, what sucks is if you bought an orginal one and now are punished with no more support.
The only thing I did wrong was to buy too soon.

cheers
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest