JTAG on Vonage VDV21 worked.

Use USB JTAG NT on VOIP device so we can unlock the device or configure the device.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:I bet your old usbjtag is a clone. When you come to this site you know NT is the one to use.
I don't have any idea if it's a clone or not. My brother had left it here before he moved to Asia. I googled "unlock VDV21 and found dslreports. Some member on that site post a link to here.

Anyways, what do I need to purchase to unlock the device?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

anhgiang wrote:I don't have any idea if it's a clone or not. My brother had left it here before he moved to Asia. I googled "unlock VDV21 and found dslreports. Some member on that site post a link to here.

Anyways, what do I need to purchase to unlock the device?
To be honest you do not really need USB JTAG NT to unlock the sip settings. If you want permently unlock it you need USB JTAG NT to erase the admin. The setting to the device can be done via seriall port.
I have done this and ceated a dll for it (Not released it and not cleaned up code yet, since very few had interest on it). The information can be found here
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/voip/vdv21.php

The reason I believe you had clone is it was discountinued for two years and you are newly registered user.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:To be honest you do not really need USB JTAG NT to unlock the sip settings. If you want permently unlock it you need USB JTAG NT to erase the admin. The setting to the device can be done via seriall port.
I have done this and ceated a dll for it (Not released it and not cleaned up code yet, since very few had interest on it). The information can be found here

The reason I believe you had clone is it was discountinued for two years and you are newly registered user.
I have tried the serial port. I believe you're the one that posted the address locations of the Admin password but on the newer formware (vdv21-3.1.2-0.3.5-r090813), reading that 3 locations gives all FFFFFFFF. Have you tried the one with the newer firmware on? I've noticed that the old firmware is on image0. Do you know any way to tell it to load image0? I've tried "Set mode" from the Main Menu and these are the options
Main Menu:
==========
b.) Boot from flash
d) Download and save to flash
g) Download and run from RAM
m) Set mode
s) Store bootloader parameters to flash
i) Re-init ethernet
r) Read memory
w) Write memory
j) Jump to arbitrary address
z) Reset

Mode Configuration Bits
=======================
0x8000 Boot
0x4000 Load-N-Go
0x1000 Switch Enet phy
0x0001 Prompt
0x0002 Verify image CRC
0x0004 Boot image 1

Enter hex value of desired features
MODE=8003: Enter new value:

Do you know what value to enter here to boot image0?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

That address is not fixed. With dll you can clear it. It auto detects.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:That address is not fixed. With dll you can clear it. It auto detects.
If that's the case, I'm gonna order the USB JTAG NT. Also, do I need the pin jumper or I can just solder the pin header and plug it right in. I don't see the pins diagram from the link you posted earlier.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

anhgiang wrote:If that's the case, I'm gonna order the USB JTAG NT. Also, do I need the pin jumper or I can just solder the pin header and plug it right in. I don't see the pins diagram from the link you posted earlier.
You can use one side cable or make your own. When you are ready setup lomein so I can help you remotely.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:You can use one side cable or make your own. When you are ready setup lomein so I can help you remotely.
I will. Thanks!
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

I'm waiting for the package to arrive (Order #1677). In the mean time, I want to make an adapter for this board (usb jtag nt to vdn21) Could you tell me what pins on the jtag need to be connected to the pins on the board. Thanks!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

It is standard EJTAG pinout.

Meaning pin 1 on the board matches pin1 on USB JTAG NT. I used one side cable to connect them

You need to watch the missing resistors (You can use 100ohm or simply just short them).
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:It is standard EJTAG pinout.

Meaning pin 1 on the board matches pin1 on USB JTAG NT. I used one side cable to connect them

You need to watch the missing resistors (You can use 100ohm or simply just short them).
Do I need to short all 5 resistors?
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:You can use one side cable or make your own. When you are ready setup lomein so I can help you remotely.
I'm waiting for your activation code. What files do I need to download/setup to work with this board?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

anhgiang wrote:I'm waiting for your activation code. What files do I need to download/setup to work with this board?
Download the NT software. You need to make the connection to be able to get CPU detected. When ready setup logmein and let me help you. It has been over one year since last time I unlock my device.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

usbbdm wrote:Download the NT software. You need to make the connection to be able to get CPU detected. When ready setup logmein and let me help you. It has been over one year since last time I unlock my device.
I ran detect and found this
IDCODE 80000000
ADM ADM5120
IMPCODE 80000000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0000,0000

from jtag program, under voip, target device, this board is not listed?

I have Teamviewer on my PC. Do I need to install logmein?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Logme only. I will try to be in the chat tonight.
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

OK, i got logmein installed. What's the email to send invitation?