JTAG on Vonage VDV21 worked.

Use USB JTAG NT on VOIP device so we can unlock the device or configure the device.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sambul41 wrote:Any example how to use serial to add a second SIP? Or how to setup tftp server to serve a modded config? Did you check if all resistors are needed, or just shorting R53 will do?
I did not check if all the resistors are needed.

Do you have it unlocked? You can see it was last Oct that I did the unlock. If you want I can try to remotely set it. Should be quite easy once you get the serial port.
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

Thanks a lot. What adaptor should I use for serial? I don't have it unlocked at the moment, but planning to.

Just a hint: Vonage has 2+mln customers, about 2% leave each month - its 40 thousand. If you make an upgrade to FW UI to unlock and add SIP & Voice setup similar to Lynksis PAP2T, you may have a lot more JTAG buyers. Now they just afraid to touch it, its too tricky.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sambul41 wrote:Thanks a lot. What adaptor should I use for serial? I don't have it unlocked at the moment, but planning to.

Just a hint: Vonage has 2+mln customers, about 2% leave each month - its 40 thousand. If you make an upgrade to FW UI to unlock and add SIP & Voice setup similar to Lynksis PAP2T, you may have a lot more JTAG buyers. Now they just afraid to touch it, its too tricky.
Since people had done the similar thing to SB5100 modem and VD21 has the same software structure. I think it is absolutely possible to MAKE the firmware.

Make the dll work for this device is not a big deal. I have it almost done but not released yet. The extra work to solder JTAG and resistors on it is not the work everyone can do.
The device is very good since it has the caller ID display and it has big flash and ram too.
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

Are you talking about new Linux based - I haven't seen such solution for ATA, or adding better CIP & Voice UI to the existing FW? If JTAG is not for everyone, VDV21 can be sold unlocked on Ebay, or just unlock software can be sold with activation.

What's the step size btw its JTAG pins? I wanted to get the right pin header. May be no need to solder anything on-board, if you press the pin header firmly during FW update. Can you check, if extra resistors are really needed?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I might need to get another one to do it again. I think one resister was at least. (Actually it is a short wire or 0 ohms I think.
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

What do you mean under "JTAG pins are mirrored"? Is that the right pinout for V-portal? When looking from its top or bottom? Why do you have 2 wires soldered to the same pin here? Which wire goes to which pin on your JTAG?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Only VT2x42's JTAG is mirrored. The soldering is normal. There is no two wire solder on the same pin.
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

usbbdm wrote:Make the dll work for this device is not a big deal. I have it almost done but not released yet.
Did you finish this project? I wanted to test it with my VDV21. Did you check also, what resistors are needed?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sambul41 wrote:Did you finish this project? I wanted to test it with my VDV21. Did you check also, what resistors are needed?
I tested last Oct and finished then. Never touch this after that. It is in use for about 10 months already.
konnan

Post by konnan »

Master USBBDM.. i have one of this voip and i followed your instructions without sucess. Basically i dont know where to install the resistors. Your device is working with any custom firmware!!
If you need one of this in order to test let me know i have 2 extras. Thanks again
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

usbbdm wrote:I tested last Oct and finished then. Never touch this after that. It is in use for about 10 months already.
Thanks. What I mean, if you can finish your VDV-21 dll, so that it can add a page to the device Web GUI to setup SIP for 2 phone numbers. And also explain in the forum, how to do the same setup via VDV-21 Serial port, so that other people can repeat what you accomplished. Then it will make sense to buy your JTAG device. Now people need to give you their phone numbers and other data to add to V-portal, which is not the right choice for everyone for many reasons. Of course, you understand that.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sambul41 wrote:Thanks. What I mean, if you can finish your VDV-21 dll, so that it can add a page to the device Web GUI to setup SIP for 2 phone numbers. And also explain in the forum, how to do the same setup via VDV-21 Serial port, so that other people can repeat what you accomplished. Then it will make sense to buy your JTAG device. Now people need to give you their phone numbers and other data to add to V-portal, which is not the right choice for everyone for many reasons. Of course, you understand that.
The clear password dll was almost done. Need some cleanups. But enable SIP via GUI is not the same as the VT24xx. You need to do your own work to enable GUI. The serial port is quite easy to do. Just type help will find the information needed. I am loaded with other task and unlikely to go back to this project.
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

OK, I typed "HELP" as you suggest. Anything happen? Who can provide this help, if only YOU know how to do it, and you don't want to explain to no-one? Also, I can't give to anybody my confidential SIP data, sorry. :)
anhgiang

Post by anhgiang »

I need to to clear the Admin password on mine. What hardware do I need to purchase? I have the usb jtag, not the NT though.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

anhgiang wrote:I need to to clear the Admin password on mine. What hardware do I need to purchase? I have the usb jtag, not the NT though.
I bet your old usbjtag is a clone. When you come to this site you know NT is the one to use.