any serial or jag ?

DCH 70 DCH3416
UserName

any serial or jag ?

Post by UserName »

i am up for testing this i been using old dvrs need upgrade anyone found jtag or serial printout?
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
merkin

Post by merkin »

What DCH model?

Could not get any output from serial port of dch-70, but never tried with dch-3200.

I just found TDI of dch-70 and jtag now works!

Pretty sure jtag works on dch3200(same cpu as dct, but different revision), just need to add missing pull-ups, but again I have not personally tried it yet.
UserName

Post by UserName »

i only like working on dvrs.

nice find did you find the serial console on this also?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, User - I was casually curious why you refuse to receive PM's from other Members. Are you a step above the rest of us? Interesting .......... A reply is NOT required.
uga

Post by uga »

was wondering the same thing.............
UserName

Post by UserName »

everything i know should be in this forum...
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Awwww .... PLEASE ! Ya do it for a reason. What that reason is anyone's best guess. I won't even try.
brucifer

Post by brucifer »

I always admire your energy Switch!

@merkin might be a little late but great work man. I see if I can acquire myself a 70 and see if I can contribute something
Wolfgang

Error 404, Page not found, Sounds familiar?

Post by Wolfgang »

UserName wrote:everything i know should be in this forum...
That would be true if you have erased some cells from your brain as many useful links and pages were deleted from this forum for a known reason.
Some things are not to be told in public, that's what the private messages are for.
UserName

Post by UserName »

still nobody found serial interface for this dch boxes like the tvpasscard.
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

i work on dcx700 detect cpu but not get the flash same on dcx3400
UserName

Post by UserName »

jtag is good for recover nvram and software.
serial is used to program keys ....they all are encrypted commands.
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

UserName wrote:jtag is good for recover nvram and software.
serial is used to program keys ....they all are encrypted commands.
sorry but i test by serial and never see the way to program key.

only dct2000 with USBDM software spicommand and so, but dct700,dcx700,dcx3400 NOT...or you have the way ???:confused:
Wolfgang

The Serial Interface is there

Post by Wolfgang »

UserName wrote:still nobody found serial interface for this dch boxes like the tvpasscard.
You don't need a TV PassCard interface to connect to DCH3xxx boxes. The serial connection is there, on the back, phono jack 3.5mm. You must have 4 connection jack (3 + ground) in order to keep the serial connection alive. A jack with 2 + ground connection disables the port. The third ring must be left open in order to enable the port. There is also no need of RS232 to TTL converter (as the TV PassCard is) because it is already built in onboard (U506 MAX3221CDBR). Unfortunately to enable this port for testing you need a diagnostic code loaded and you also need a secret key (token).
On the other hand there is another serial port (onboard) for debugging purposes (4 pins header J407) that connect to U402C which is a peripheral IC for UART and SPI connections.
As far as DCX3400 boxes, the JTAG connection is disabled by the firmware. Only loading the diagnostic code allows JTAG connection.
At last, what can you achieve if you even enable all those ports, the M-Card must be paired in order to work with a box. Without valid keys into the M-Card and paired host serial number (activated) you won't get much out of it.
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

Wolfgang wrote:You don't need a TV PassCard interface to connect to DCH3xxx boxes. The serial connection is there, on the back, phono jack 3.5mm. You must have 4 connection jack (3 + ground) in order to keep the serial connection alive. A jack with 2 + ground connection disables the port. The third ring must be left open in order to enable the port. There is also no need of RS232 to TTL converter (as the TV PassCard is) because it is already built in onboard (U506 MAX3221CDBR). Unfortunately to enable this port for testing you need a diagnostic code loaded and you also need a secret key (token).
On the other hand there is another serial port (onboard) for debugging purposes (4 pins header J407) that connect to U402C which is a peripheral IC for UART and SPI connections.
As far as DCX3400 boxes, the JTAG connection is disabled by the firmware. Only loading the diagnostic code allows JTAG connection.
At last, what can you achieve if you even enable all those ports, the M-Card must be paired in order to work with a box. Without valid keys into the M-Card and paired host serial number (activated) you won't get much out of it.
HOW, you can help me with this please... i get the list of command space bar + enter, wich is the command to activate it ???

thanks.