JTAG with TDI missing.

DCH 70 DCH3416
usbbdm

JTAG with TDI missing.

Post by usbbdm »

I tried again on several boxes and I found all of them have the similar issue.
Whenever I issue a tap command I got response of FFFFFFFE. To me this is like that the TDI is pulled high (or internally or not connect to the JTAG port at all).
This is what happens on DCH70. Can anyone try to find if it is a missing resistor (someone had confirmed that there are quite a few of missing resistors on DCX3200).
I found one target VDV 21, they have missing resistors and it is not hard to figure out how to connect them. For DCH 70, I still cannot find how to enable the TDI. If I can do it, then we can start a new period of testing.

For those of you who thinks new cable boxes should be JTAGed, please do some homework to see if it is even possible to be JTAGed. I have non of those boxes and I am considering adding support to them.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I tried again on several boxes and I found all of them have the similar issue.
Whenever I issue a tap command I got response of FFFFFFFE. To me this is like that the TDI is pulled high (or internally or not connect to the JTAG port at all).
This is what happens on DCH70. Can anyone try to find if it is a missing resistor (someone had confirmed that there are quite a few of missing resistors on DCX3200).
I found one target VDV 21, they have missing resistors and it is not hard to figure out how to connect them. For DCH 70, I still cannot find how to enable the TDI. If I can do it, then we can start a new period of testing.

For those of you who thinks new cable boxes should be JTAGed, please do some homework to see if it is even possible to be JTAGed. I have non of those boxes and I am considering adding support to them.
Sounds Great. I can get my Hands on the DCH70,And Have some DCT3412 and Also DCX3200's.

I can Also Donate some fr you to test on Your End If you Need Them.
Just let me Know. :)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I am not making any promises here but if TUNDRA can get his hands on the 3200's I can get a DCX3400 and start doing some testing on that bad boy. I will also provide close up pics of the board as well.

This will be on Monday when I am able to go to Comcast and scoop one up ( providing they have one in stock )

These boxes are definitely the future, cannot wait to see what can be done, also try and put the M-Card on the agenda.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I tried again on several boxes and I found all of them have the similar issue.

its nice to see something like this has caughtyour intrest:D, we have to move along with technology just like the caco's. and if we can at least stay at par with them we'll be doing GREAT !!:D

great job boss man !! great job..
live your life like a beer commericial
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

its nice to see something like this has caughtyour intrest:D, we have to move along with technology just like the caco's. and if we can at least stay at par with them we'll be doing GREAT !!:D

great job boss man !! great job..
live your life like a beer commericial
Rob0108

Post by Rob0108 »

TUNDRA wrote:Sounds Great. I can get my Hands on the DCH70,And Have some DCT3412 and Also DCX3200's.

I can Also Donate some fr you to test on Your End If you Need Them.
Just let me Know. :)
I will side with my friend tundra on this matter if the master USBbdm needs any boxes to run some new test just ask n I will be able to donate any model box that U might need. I always have boxex that we can test N if I don't have it will get it within a few hours
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

usbbdm you need to upgrade your boxes to the latest units. u/we are missing HD. lets go get this crackin!