M-Card opened.

DCH 70 DCH3416
usbbdm

M-Card opened.

Post by usbbdm »

After I complete the pin finder I still cannot find the TDI for DCH70, maybe it is disabled?
I then opened the M-CARD. There is no XC chip (I thought it would have one).
There is a flash and a CPU I think with battery. I think if this CPU can be JTAGed then we can clone the M-CARD. There are a lot of test pins on back of the PCB board. The M-CARD should have the same function as XC chip as in other boxes.

Besides I saw BCM3349 in DCH3416, will it work the same as SB5101? Can I use SB5101 on the box so I can have a full function modem?
UserName

Post by UserName »

modem must be enabled in nvram of box to work...
card has XC chip is different. square no pins the new style.
as far for jtag i do not know .:rolleyes:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Here are the pictures.
The SCF61000 must be the main CPU.
320W18 much be the flash.
Another chip should be ram (NVRAM). If we can access the JTAG on the CPU, we should be able to clone the flash.
UserName

Post by UserName »

SCF61000 is the XC chip

if you read the serial number is similar to old ones ...something that is possible to be part of encryption decryption system

like mine CTAD 0703
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I would not agree with that SCF chip is XC chip. In XC chip you do not need an external flash. But here you need external flash to store the program. Not a small one.
The XC chip is 8 bit processor and this one must be more powerful CPU as it uses 4MB flash as its program.
UserName

Post by UserName »

its XC. diferent model but it is just like old DVrs SCF6004
2tough4u

Is it the same?

Post by 2tough4u »

Is it a?

PCMCIA Cable card

if so why not try to plug it into a laptop and dump the data that way?!?
Chess, Electronics
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

It says its an AMS Pod Cable Card. It isn't PCMCIA.
D_sanchez

Post by D_sanchez »

usbbdm wrote:Here are the pictures.
The SCF61000 must be the main CPU.
320W18 much be the flash.
Another chip should be ram (NVRAM). If we can access the JTAG on the CPU, we should be able to clone the flash.
Im playing with these at the moment as well.

The chip is a freescale product. I have not been able to find any data on these yet.

the freescale must be doing some sort of auth work. Considering the card has to have firmware applied to it before it can be provisioned. My guess is they provision them at the warehouse with the setup before they take them out into the field for installs.

The test points I am definitely interested in , if you feel like sharing I am more then willing to help out , seeing as I have 3 of these to play with.
virus.b

Re: Where are the jtags?

Post by virus.b »

I don't see any jtag points on there. Unless if Jtag points come in irregular size or type...
D_sanchez

Post by D_sanchez »

there are not jtag points , but there are test points , which may or may not be jtag.

I believe based on the spec we could use these in a pcmcia slot , but would have to write a driver to handle the handshaking and pin assignments. or maybe rewire a pcmcia slot for our use to talk to it.
UserName

Post by UserName »

you have to destroy another box and take the housing that's all...apply power to the right place and test the device.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
T_R_J

Post by T_R_J »

Bump

Any more info on this?
T_R_J

Post by T_R_J »

Bump
Anyone have a link to more info?
ciper

Post by ciper »

Which type of card was this? An image of the case would help.

I was able to social engineer a multi stream motorola cable card from a local Comcast office which I could possible sacrifice if needed. I could get more if needed, and if needed single stream cards as well.

Unfortunately scientific atlanta cards are harder for me to get in working order but I do have access to broken ones.

I'm sure we can get the datasheets for the Freescale part if we act as if we are a manufacturer in the US and contact one of the many Chinese suppliers who have access to such a part ;)

edit: I'm going to guess this is a Moto M-Card because I just took one apart and it looks the same as above.

From section 3.2 on page twelve of this document http://www.opencable.com/downloads/spec ... 050331.pdf
So the physical spec is PCMCIA but the pinouts aren't necessarily. Section 4 on page 26 outlines the specific pin assignments and how they change if the device is running in backwards compatibility mode.