M-Card opened.

DCH 70 DCH3416
ciper

Post by ciper »

Would someone be kind enough to post a list of the current cable boxes which have a cable card inside? I believe that hacks for these boxes may exist and the communities developing these hacks do not normally label them as "cablecard hacks."

For example lets say the Motorola d-123 is a cable card compliant device and a clone hack exists. I would want to read up on how that hack works and then recreate it on the TiVo.

If this thread ever comes back to life I know quite a few experienced hardware junkies who could help immensely.
UserName

Post by UserName »

there is no hack for digichiper2. plus is custum.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
ciper

Post by ciper »

UserName wrote:there is no hack for digichiper2. plus is custum.
I strongly believe it would be possible to, at a minimum, create a setup that is able to receive all clear QAM channels. The problem is that even with everything in the clear your channel mapping will still prevent those other channels from being received.

What does "plus is custum" mean?

In other words I am not even trying to receive premiums but rather apply a wide open map for someone that has lifeline or basic cable.

There was a time when there was no hack for Satellite and the TiVo people were the ones to make it possible since the OS was easily accessible. This is not easy on a proprietary/embedded device like the regular cable boxes.
ciper

Post by ciper »

UserName wrote:there is no hack for digichiper2. plus is custum.
I strongly believe it would be possible to, at a minimum, create a setup that is able to receive all clear QAM channels. The problem is that even with everything in the clear your channel mapping will still prevent those other channels from being received.

What does "plus is custum" mean?

In other words I am not even trying to receive premiums but rather apply a wide open map for someone that has lifeline or basic cable.

There was a time when there was no hack for Satellite and the TiVo people were the ones to make it possible since the OS was easily accessible. This is not easy on a proprietary/embedded device like the regular cable boxes.
UserName

Post by UserName »

you can open clear channels with the nvram.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
ciper

Post by ciper »

Great. Can you point me in the right direction? I'd like to read about the process.
D_sanchez

Post by D_sanchez »

ciper wrote:Great. Can you point me in the right direction? I'd like to read about the process.
all the dch are separable auth cards.

meaning cable card powered.
T_RJ

Post by T_RJ »

Bump

Any new info?
Harry181

Open the CLEAR Channels ?

Post by Harry181 »

I beleive that to open the CLEAR Channels...ALL you need is a digital
TV with a QAM Tuner...Tried this myself and got a "FEW" extra channels.

CLEAR just simply means ... NO ENCRYPTION ... OF ANY KIND ... FREE for the TAKING

Just take what UN says with a grain of salt ...

Oh I Get it ... Greenhorns abound , just looked at their count
Far East of the Western World
T_RJ

Post by T_RJ »

Green horn, thanks!

No i am looking for info on being able to clone an M-Card.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

T_RJ wrote:Green horn, thanks!

No i am looking for info on being able to clone an M-Card.
That will be hard to do. The XC chip is in the card and so far were not able to write to the XC CHip.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Are you sure that the xc is the chip on the card and not the xlinix xc chip which is on the board? The chip on the board is a Xlinix Spartan XC3S500E. I have the data sheets and pinouts for this chip series.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jatucker wrote:Are you sure that the xc is the chip on the card and not the xlinix xc chip which is on the board? The chip on the board is a Xlinix Spartan XC3S500E. I have the data sheets and pinouts for this chip series.
Well I opend one of them and theres an xc chip anf also a flash where the UID is located is suspect cuz with out the card the box will show 000's for UID

I was looking to see if I can find an adapter for my programmer to remove the flash and dump it but still have not found one. the darn flash is extreamly small.
dct700newbie

Post by dct700newbie »

Any updates on this box.. i just received one from crapcast!
henrysmooth

Post by henrysmooth »

Caused the Laptop to totally shut down....must be different.
(otherwise My laptop was crap to begin with.)