DCH box testing soon.

DCH 70 DCH3416
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

4Magoo wrote:Question someone that i know has a dch 3200 3 of them there wide open except for payperviews the channels began to dissapear 8 months later the guy who he purchased it from then came back stuck a usb stick in the port in the rear and the channels came back any ideas how this is being done
LOL That was not a USB Stick.
minipower

Bdm

Post by minipower »

I do not have any box's yet.. Does these box's have a BDM port/header?
minipower

BDM header

Post by minipower »

Nobody knows or should I assume " no " since there was no reply?
moddog

Post by moddog »

minipower wrote:I do not have any box's yet.. Does these box's have a BDM port/header?
a question like this dude you will get no answer:D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

DCH was opened and I found JTAG pin was disabled on DCT3416. I bought both DCH70 and DCH3416 but found no response on the JTAG port.
minipower

BDM header

Post by minipower »

Ok. So these box's just have JTAG and no BDM...

Thank you usbbdm
killac93

Dch 3416

Post by killac93 »

Hey usbbdm,
I'm willing to help test around with this box also as I just came across one. So the JTAGS on this unit are disabled right? I see a couple of solder points and I'm sure one is the JTAG.. Any new news on this one?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

killac93 wrote:Hey usbbdm,
I'm willing to help test around with this box also as I just came across one. So the JTAGS on this unit are disabled right? I see a couple of solder points and I'm sure one is the JTAG.. Any new news on this one?
I think those boxes have the JTAG disabled. You can try to hook up and see if you can get any data out of it.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I think those boxes have the JTAG disabled. You can try to hook up and see if you can get any data out of it.
just outa curisioty how do they disable the jtag port? is it buried deep in the programmin or something or would they just not hook up the port? and would there be some kind of way to enable it? it just sounds odd that there's a port but it's disabled..why would they have a port of it if it's disabled?
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I found the TDI pin is disabled. Did not spent a lot of time. There could be missing one resistor that connect the TDI pin. TDO pin is find. Thus we can get CPU ID fine. But then we have no IMPCODE .
killac93

Post by killac93 »

usbbdm wrote:I found the TDI pin is disabled. Did not spent a lot of time. There could be missing one resistor that connect the TDI pin. TDO pin is find. Thus we can get CPU ID fine. But then we have no IMPCODE .
So basically even if I can get some data from it, I won't get much because the JTAG is disabled correct? I'm about to start testing thing thing and will keep you guys posted.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

usbbdm, are you trying this without the M-Card in the slot?

I believe even if you do extract anything i.e. data, you will need a dongle to make the box operational on a cable network in place of the M-Card. Or find a way to hack the M-Card.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MassModz wrote:usbbdm, are you trying this without the M-Card in the slot?

I believe even if you do extract anything i.e. data, you will need a dongle to make the box operational on a cable network in place of the M-Card. Or find a way to hack the M-Card.
No. I am not working on those boxes now since I cannot find a way to enable the TDI. For me, I am more interested in programming the devices.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

usbbdm wrote:No. I am not working on those boxes now since I cannot find a way to enable the TDI. For me, I am more interested in programming the devices.
I understand what your saying ;)

I am sure there is a way, there technically speaking has to be a way to enable it.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
moddman

Post by moddman »

TUNDRA wrote:LOL That was not a USB Stick.
Then what was it then......educate us all with your knowledge......???