DCH box testing soon.

DCH 70 DCH3416
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddman wrote:Then what was it then......educate us all with your knowledge......???
If you Know Anything about Hardware MOD, You wouldn't be ASKING. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddman

Re:What was it then......

Post by moddman »

My scope stems from dct2244 and trying to get up to date......if you want to send me a pm....in order to tell me then please do......my only guess it is firewire....other than that, im clueless.....but i do want to know what that guy did.....it sounds like the solution we've all been striving for.....can you at least post a picture of what you think he used....then we can all learn......
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

:rolleyes:
moddman wrote:My scope stems from dct2244 and trying to get up to date......if you want to send me a pm....in order to tell me then please do......my only guess it is firewire....other than that, im clueless.....but i do want to know what that guy did.....it sounds like the solution we've all been striving for.....can you at least post a picture of what you think he used....then we can all learn......
as was told to me not to long ago...you might as well ask a deaf person for directions~ ;)

because even if he does know he will NOT be posting, nor pm'ing you that answer..so don't hold your breath brother.:rolleyes:
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

It has also been said, and shown before (hardware mod). Since it violates TOS I doubt anyone with the knowledge will be showing you, let along PM that info to you. I know how it is done now with the DCT6412 P3, but, personally testing is the key... And although you may not get your guide or time displayed, you will have TV and that is all that really matters. TUNDRA will go the extra mile for you and anyone that is here to learn, but he will NOT give info that violates TOS, trust me...I know him well enough just by talking with him. LOL TUNDRA, I had to ;)

There is an underground community here that is not spoken about and the most valuable info is the info that never gets posted or talked about, let alone seeing the words "hardware m0d" here makes me think that someone slipped and let people know a lil secret. (to the newbies at least)

But the secret itself as to how it is done is still a semi secret, as long as the next person doesn't decide to run their mouth. This could be devastating to those who discovered it and would be a shame to see it go since believe it or not, some people spend countless hours trying to figure this stuff out and when they do they should be rewarded for their dedication, so those who DO KNOW, keep it quiet and everyone will be happy. The CACO's and other sorts of unwanted people I believe monitor forums such as this to learn how we do things, that way they can put an end to it. So please if you DO know something, only share information with people you absolutely know, and keep it to yourself at the same time. The CATV companies wanna save money and make money, and when people spill out secrets or sensitive info they use it to their advantage and patch that security hole, leaving people like us with more work on our plates to attempt to figure out others ways to achieve the same goal, but only this time it would be 10x harder and more time consuming. :D
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddman wrote:My scope stems from dct2244 and trying to get up to date......if you want to send me a pm....in order to tell me then please do......my only guess it is firewire....other than that, im clueless.....but i do want to know what that guy did.....it sounds like the solution we've all been striving for.....can you at least post a picture of what you think he used....then we can all learn......
From your point of View, You think it was a USB Flash with some type of software that would load channels Back to the Box. THATS NOT CORRECT.
I know what it is and I can make it to look Like an USB Flash, RS232 Or Other.
In short, It can be disguised in many ways.
justsomeguy wrote::rolleyes:

as was told to me not to long ago...you might as well ask a deaf person for directions~ ;)

because even if he does know he will NOT be posting, nor pm'ing you that answer..so don't hold your breath brother.:rolleyes:
Once again Buddy, YOU ARE CORRECT GRASSHOPPER. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:From your point of View, You think it was a USB Flash with some type of software that would load channels Back to the Box. THATS NOT CORRECT.
I know what it is and I can make it to look Like an USB Flash, RS232 Or Other.
In short, It can be disguised in many ways.

Once again Buddy, YOU ARE CORRECT GRASSHOPPER. ;)
Agreed 1000%

Some people I swear got on the wrong bus and ended up in the wrong neck of the woods, and are now giving directions to the first person asking for help haha. That's a bad analogy, but still the same concept applies :D
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

4Magoo wrote:Question someone that i know has a dch 3200 3 of them there wide open except for payperviews the channels began to dissapear 8 months later the guy who he purchased it from then came back stuck a usb stick in the port in the rear and the channels came back any ideas how this is being done
MassModz wrote:Agreed 1000%

Some people I swear got on the wrong bus and ended up in the wrong neck of the woods, and are now giving directions to the first person asking for help haha. That's a bad analogy, but still the same concept applies :D
What they Fail to see is the No One uses the USB port or Serial Port ( exept for the SPI Logger on DCT2224's ) SO they Can Modify them to Serve What ever Purpose they want, In this case they Used it to be able to Bring the Channels Back ( So To Speak ) Its a Cleaver Disguise And I'm Sure there Customers when they See this, Think the Guy is a Genius Or Has Some Magic Code.
Maybe its the Da Vinci Code :D
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:What they Fail to see is the No One uses the USB port or Serial Port ( exept for the SPI Logger on DCT2224's ) SO they Can Modify them to Serve What ever Purpose they want, In this case they Used it to be able to Bring the Channels Back ( So To Speak ) Its a Cleaver Disguise And I'm Sure there Customers when they See this, Think the Guy is a Genius Or Has Some Magic Code.
Maybe its the Da Vinci Code :D
@4Magoo
WHOA WHOA TIME OUT! "T"

That has to be some bs, you cannot update those boxes or any other boxes via USB, unless, it is a FTA receiver. If it is cable, I would like to see a video of this in action cause I for one do not believe that shit. Just saying my $0.02

BWHAHAHAHA!

SPI has so many more uses than just adding channels back (if that was even the case)

They will just think he is the CACO engineer and xmas came early for them this year :p

Until that update knocks the box out of the water and he is left scratching his head LOL!
I JTAGGED your mom.

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MassModz wrote:BWHAHAHAHA!

SPI has so many more uses than just adding channels back (if that was even the case)

They will just think he is the CACO engineer and xmas came early for them this year :p

Until that update knocks the box out of the water and he is left scratching his head LOL!
For Some Maybe, I don't have those worries. They Can send all the Updates They Like. The Box won't even Know About it Until I let it Take the Update. ;)
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:For Some Maybe, I don't have those worries. They Can send all the Updates They Like. The Box won't even Know About it Until I let it Take the Update. ;)
I hear you on that one TUNDRA, same here. :D ITZAPARTYINTHEUSA!
I JTAGGED your mom.

cherrymachine

updating channels

Post by cherrymachine »

sounds like he rewired the usb port (or any other port) to accept the same hardware the caco uses to do the same thing. hehe
sirknight115

Post by sirknight115 »

MrRogers wrote:It has also been said, and shown before (hardware mod). Since it violates TOS I doubt anyone with the knowledge will be showing you, let along PM that info to you. I know how it is done now with the DCT6412 P3, but, personally testing is the key... And although you may not get your guide or time displayed, you will have TV and that is all that really matters. TUNDRA will go the extra mile for you and anyone that is here to learn, but he will NOT give info that violates TOS, trust me...I know him well enough just by talking with him. LOL TUNDRA, I had to ;)

There is an underground community here that is not spoken about and the most valuable info is the info that never gets posted or talked about, let alone seeing the words "hardware m0d" here makes me think that someone slipped and let people know a lil secret. (to the newbies at least)

But the secret itself as to how it is done is still a semi secret, as long as the next person doesn't decide to run their mouth. This could be devastating to those who discovered it and would be a shame to see it go since believe it or not, some people spend countless hours trying to figure this stuff out and when they do they should be rewarded for their dedication, so those who DO KNOW, keep it quiet and everyone will be happy. The CACO's and other sorts of unwanted people I believe monitor forums such as this to learn how we do things, that way they can put an end to it. So please if you DO know something, only share information with people you absolutely know, and keep it to yourself at the same time. The CATV companies wanna save money and make money, and when people spill out secrets or sensitive info they use it to their advantage and patch that security hole, leaving people like us with more work on our plates to attempt to figure out others ways to achieve the same goal, but only this time it would be 10x harder and more time consuming. :D
I like your posting alot! This is my first posting and you are dead on!! I have worked on project that are still going ! but I feel sometime I need help and help does go a long way. I will keep on trying to figure this out! I am thinking of hard moding these boxes. I have work with a person that hard mod some ibm thinkpads and I know that I might be able to find a way! sorry if I may cause any problems by posting this!