any serial or jag ?

DCH 70 DCH3416
UserName

Post by UserName »

Wolfgang wrote:You don't need a TV PassCard interface to connect to DCH3xxx boxes. The serial connection is there, on the back, phono jack 3.5mm. You must have 4 connection jack (3 + ground) in order to keep the serial connection alive. A jack with 2 + ground connection disables the port. The third ring must be left open in order to enable the port. There is also no need of RS232 to TTL converter (as the TV PassCard is) because it is already built in onboard (U506 MAX3221CDBR). Unfortunately to enable this port for testing you need a diagnostic code loaded and you also need a secret key (token).
On the other hand there is another serial port (onboard) for debugging purposes (4 pins header J407) that connect to U402C which is a peripheral IC for UART and SPI connections.
As far as DCX3400 boxes, the JTAG connection is disabled by the firmware. Only loading the diagnostic code allows JTAG connection.
At last, what can you achieve if you even enable all those ports, the M-Card must be paired in order to work with a box. Without valid keys into the M-Card and paired host serial number (activated) you won't get much out of it.
the serial and jtag will enable if insert the correct mcard to make connections. i was looking for the pins close to cpu.
yes you can clone a mcard or keys in serial . they are just encrypted its been done on old boxes.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

UserName wrote:the serial and jtag will enable if insert the correct mcard to make connections. i was looking for the pins close to cpu.
yes you can clone a mcard or keys in serial . they are just encrypted its been done on old boxes.
I was wondering if I should believe your post or your signature .... By the way what is a correct M-Card? What old models do you have on your mind?
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

jommega wrote:HOW, you can help me with this please... i get the list of command space bar + enter, wich is the command to activate it ?
What are you trying to activate? In what mode is your box when you get commands listed? I was talking about BLTC code/mode. In my opinion only BLTC code removes the watchdogs and you may access the serial and JTAG connection. If you want to put BLTC on your box you need a QPSK RF modulator, special software and the image file for the particular box model. I can't help you with that, sorry .....
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Killswitch wrote:Hey, User - I was casually curious why you refuse to receive PM's from other Members. Are you a step above the rest of us? Interesting .......... A reply is NOT required.
UserName is a VERY Knowledgeable tester, the reason is simple, So people wont flood his PM asking for handouts or information they can simply search for on the forum. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

Wolfgang wrote:What are you trying to activate? In what mode is your box when you get commands listed? I was talking about BLTC code/mode. In my opinion only BLTC code removes the watchdogs and you may access the serial and JTAG connection. If you want to put BLTC on your box you need a QPSK RF modulator, special software and the image file for the particular box model. I can't help you with that, sorry .....
jajajajaja coool :)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Al - that dirt is so old that it began to cake on and become a dirtbag. Both you and I don't think that way. We give the Heads-Up to anybody and everybody out of a sense of fair play and wisdom should be shared. This yahoo doesn't think that way. And, I'm not down with that. Not very smooth, Al.