Wrt54g v6 not Wrt54gs

Routers, VOIP devices, etc.
evil666

Wrt54g v6 not Wrt54gs

Post by evil666 »

I am trying to flash a Linksys Wrt54g V6 router. Not a wrt54gs. I hit detect and it reads some of it but says unknown flash type. It reads the broadcom info. However when I attempt to program it keeps saying use detect command. So what the hell do I do. Do i need to get an update def file?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Update your flash.def file. Or use flshset to set the compatible flash.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

Im sorry. I am new to this to some point. How do i get the flash information if the usb can't read it or find it when i use detect? How do I know if any flash.def here has the info for my linksys? Or use flshset to set the compatible flash?
I know its a pain in the ass but any helpful info would be cool.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

From the information I can find without actually being there the chip is BCM5352EKBG
Streetsurfer

Post by Streetsurfer »

if it reads the chip # it should'nt be too hard.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

Streetsurfer wrote:if it reads the chip # it should be too hard.
This is what i get
-detect
IDCODE 535217F
Broadcom BCM5352
IMPCODE 800904
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to [email protected] 00ec,2277

I try dtcflsh and I get unknown flash type
Streetsurfer

Post by Streetsurfer »

check your messages I send you some info I hope it helps.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

I finally said fuck it sense i couldn't get a clear answer. Usually when your power light is constantly blinking and all 4 port lights are solid its completely bricked.
So i after saying fuck it i busted out the jtag old school cable and reflashed it that way. So I am sitting here testing it with a fresh install on router now. When using detect I still get same thing. However I can backup the ram with the usbjtag. It seems just the writing is a problem. I would like to figure this out cause I am going to keep on trying to apply ddwrt to router once I figure out why its not accepting wan ip. Thats a whole nother story all together.

So I ask you how can I config the def file with the information I have given you. Or does any one have a def file update for a wrt54g v6. Or where I can access this write information. Can't seem to get it via the usbjtag. So as long as some one can explain it i will listen.

Street surfer thanks for the pm but the linksys stuff doesn't work when your messing with ddwrt to a certain point. But if you have any other ideas let me know.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

evil666
If you want and time is right, I can help you via logmein.
You need to use yahoo messenger also.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

Dude you rock huge ballz. It worked with those settings. How in the hell did you find them. You will have to show me. Thanks a bunch you just saved me on hour each program.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

And unfortunatly i bricked it again with the usbjtag while attempting to program it. I might be wrighting to the wrong memor locations. 9fc00000 200000. It just says erasing started and thats it. Attempted with linksys fw bin and backup bin i was able to do with usbjtag.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

evil666 wrote:And unfortunatly i bricked it again with the usbjtag while attempting to program it. I might be wrighting to the wrong memor locations. 9fc00000 200000. It just says erasing started and thats it. Attempted with linksys fw bin and backup bin i was able to do with usbjtag.
I am not supprised as myself had bricked it several time. 0.19 can always bring it back when detect get stuck.

To understand why detect does not work might help you get the router back.
When MIPS CPU reset it boots at BFC00000 (9fc00000 in our address). If it has legal intruction it will execute the instruction. If you have programmed wrong boot (in which case you will if the boot is for another router), the CPU can execute instructions that will do certain JOB. This can be format file system, or accidentaly disabled JTAG. In either case, the JTAG will not be able to detect the flash.

When this happened, I use a 3V touch the CE of flash to make the flash disabled. Power on the CPU and at address BFC00000 will only be 0xFFs. Now use "bk" command to enter debug. Then release the CE pin and flash is accessable. You still can not use detect or flshdct command as it will go back to BFC00000 and make JTAG useless. Use command "flshset" to SET the flash type.
Then use "erase" command to erase the boot. power off/on again and use "sprogram" to program the boot.

Power off/on
detect
use normal speed to program the other parts of the flash.

Hope this help you understand how to debrick and really debrick the router. Can you send me your boot and I can try on my router.
evil666

Post by evil666 »

No worries. The regular jtag always works for me. I am just wondering if possible you could write an easy script to program these routers. Yeah I know its probably a pain but you can market the usbjtag more maybe? Plus it would help out for idiots like me aswell. Ok will i just checked out a usp file I found for writing to a modem. Kinda goes as follows.

for boot
ldram boot
for bios
ladram 9fc0000
for program
program 9fc0000 8000
program 9fc0000 100000

It possible i could make one for my wrt54g? If so what are the values just like above. I think I have a boot laying around in my regular jtag folder. Thing is some one emailed it to me. Where the hell can I get it from normally? Can I backup the boot file from the router? Can this boot file be extracted from the linksys fw bin from there website? I am still learning so please be patient with me.

Update:
Will this work for a script? I think i just need value for boot file.

//Wrt54g Programming
//
echo PRESS ENTER TO DETECT FLASH!!
pause
detect
//FLASH DETECTED!!!
echo PLEASE CHOOSE THE BOOTLOADER PRESS ENTER TO CHOOSE FILE
pause
ldram boot
echo PLEASE CHOOSE THE FIRMWARE!! PRESS ENTER TO CHOOSE FILE
pause
ldram 9fc00000
echo PRESS ENTER TO PROGRAM, OR PRESS X THEN ENTER TO EXIT THE SCRIPT!!
pause
program 9fc00000 need value for this boot section
program 9fc00000 200000
cmpram 9fc00000 200000

Also if this work. For future references how in the hell do I get the boot file? Do i extract it from linksys firmware bin or what not? Also if these are the wrong write values for a wrt54g v6 let me know....maybe they are all the same values...I have no idea
evil666

Post by evil666 »

Can any one help of the program range of the boot file. I still need it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think software has a bug when sometime I really wanted to program the router and I get about 1MB/s of programming speed and actually it does not program anything. Have not yet found how to make this happen but I believe this is a bug somewhere. If you know how to make this happen let me know and I will dig in and fix this bug in next release.