Arm925t & Spansion S29WS128J

Routers, VOIP devices, etc.
Splinter34

Arm925t & Spansion S29WS128J

Post by Splinter34 »

Hello, Is there support for these deivices? I have seen there is support for Arm9, but cannot find out much on the spansion memory. I have enclosed the data sheets for both. I have verified the jtag pinout on my device (an older model radio that I wish to revive). All i really need is to be able to write the entire flash. I already have a good back up. Was ready in my devices service manual that memory writes and reads need wait states and cycles, would this hold true for a blank memory chip? How would this be handled? When I hook up the Jtag It reads one IdCode (03CF1D81) manufacturer not found 6C0. Then Exit thumb mode next line error. I have verified all the pins on my ulink are good by jumpering like the youtube video. Any advice? I have included the data sheets for these devices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tx9HoONFhTwF7bd3pg9-PDP_5IjZCnfI/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

Splinter
usbbdm

Re: Arm925t & Spansion S29WS128J

Post by usbbdm »

In theory ARM9 is supported. But only limited number of targets are tested. Your target need itself an XML (definition) to be able to read/write.