Newbee dct2000/2224/PH8

Newbie post here.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Really? On a DCT2000 Series??????????????? :rolleyes:
i've had many 2000 series go into the 888 reloop..usually a pretty easy fix as long as you keep tryin to read and finally get a good ID on it...

Rob0108 wrote:correction to one of the replay's you got,
if the the box has the firmware testing on it, And its a 2000 series it will take the firmware update and it will also get turn off or d'subbed. :o
the 2000 series CAN take a firmware update and still not get "turned off or d'subbed"..i'm not sure if that's what you meant that if one of these boxs take an update that they will get desubb'd? if so that is not correct..if you meant something else please rephrase..also if the box has fimrware mods on it and has it blocked up then the box won't even take the new firmware until you allow it to

thanks dude,

justsomeguy
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

customer wrote:I've had many 2000 series go into the 888 reloop..usually a pretty easy fix as long as you keep trying to read and finally get a good ID on it...

the 2000 series CAN take a firmware update and still not get "turned off or d'subbed"..i'm not sure if that's what you meant that if one of these box's take an update that they will get drubbed? if so that is not correct..if you meant something else please rephrase..also if the box has firmware mods on it and has it blocked up then the box won't even take the new firmware until you allow it to

thanks dude,

justsomeguy
Yes Sir. Changing the UID/UPM and checking block firmware Updates Does not work on the DCT2xxxx Series Boxes. It only works properly on the DCT700 and DCT2500 which is why they go into reboot loop when a firmware update tries to go thru. On the DCT2xxx Series the only thing that can clue end user an update is taking place is they loos the Guide and after a while the guide comes back. If the end user does not have a clue, they will find out as soon as all there premium channels start to display "Not Authorized" and by that time it's too LATE. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:Yes Sir. Changing the UID/UPM and checking block firmware Updates Does not work on the DCT2xxxx Series Boxes. It only works properly on the DCT700 and DCT2500 which is why they go into reboot loop when a firmware update tries to go thru. On the DCT2xxx Series the only thing that can clue end user an update is taking place is they loos the Guide and after a while the guide comes back. If the end user does not have a clue, they will find out as soon as all there premium channels start to display "Not Authorized" and by that time it's too LATE. ;)
The change UID/UPM should work on DCT2224 boxes. That was done a while back. Same functionality for DCT700/DCT2500.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

hey wierd!!! did you see the name that popped up when you quoted my post capone???????????

it shows as "customer" on it ! never seen that before !! maybe we got a new firmware update here and it's screwing up the posts....lol...:eek:
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:The change UID/UPM should work on DCT2224 boxes. That was done a while back. Same functionality for DCT700/DCT2500.
i think he was refering to the block update part of the firmware mod..
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Block update has changed since certain version for DCT2224.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

im not too old on this testing but i do have a lot of experience and i have t say this:

i know about more than 35 dc2000 with frimware testing done and when new firmware was released they just lost channels and the channel guide and some of them went into reboot loop but none of them got desubbed so i can tell it works fine

but that is what i can say with my experience and like capone said, i have heard from other people that they do get desubbed but i can not confirm it
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:The change UID/UPM should work on DCT2224 boxes. That was done a while back. Same functionality for DCT700/DCT2500.
No one said the UID/UPM change does not work, What does not work is the Block firmware updates. On the DCT2xxx Series the Box will revert back to original UID and take the Firmware Update and unless the end user knows what signs to watch out for, they will not Notice and eventually will loose all channels. But what do I know? LMFAO
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:im not too old on this testing but i do have a lot of experience and i have t say this:

i know about more than 35 dc2000 with frimware testing done and when new firmware was released they just lost channels and the channel guide and some of them went into reboot loop but none of them got desubbed so i can tell it works fine

but that is what i can say with my experience and like capone said, i have heard from other people that they do get desubbed but i can not confirm it
lose the guide is clear indication of firmware being updated. Reason you did not lose any boxes is because you got them before they completely took firmware update. ;)
Rob0108

Post by Rob0108 »

CAPONE wrote:Yes Sir. Changing the UID/UPM and checking block firmware Updates Does not work on the DCT2xxxx Series Boxes. It only works properly on the DCT700 and DCT2500 which is why they go into reboot loop when a firmware update tries to go thru. On the DCT2xxx Series the only thing that can clue end user an update is taking place is they loos the Guide and after a while the guide comes back. If the end user does not have a clue, they will find out as soon as all there premium channels start to display "Not Authorized" and by that time it's too LATE. ;)
Thx for explaining that Capone,:)
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

CAPONE wrote:lose the guide is clear indication of firmware being updated. Reason you did not lose any boxes is because you got them before they completely took firmware update. ;)
i believe you and you know that

but i was talking based on my experience

some of them were connected for more than 5 days after firmware update was released and they did not get desubbed

"note" i am not saying that what you say is not true it just never happened to me, if that would have happened to me you know you would have been the first one to know it

;)
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:i believe you and you know that

but i was talking based on my experience

some of them were connected for more than 5 days after firmware update was released and they did not get desubbed

"note" i am not saying that what you say is not true it just never happened to me, if that would have happened to me you know you would have been the first one to know it

;)
Many updates where still going on. I know of HD boxes let in stream for 5 days to take update and not lose channels. In any case its good they seam to end the updates.
stomperz

dct2xxx

Post by stomperz »

Would it not be a factor the box's time of last subscription?
Updates I believe are sent separately from de-subb hits?
And (subbed) box's out of circulation for long time are less frequently sent a de-subb signal (if at all)?

If this being true, attention to newer (software Moded) subbed box's must be monitored more closely than older older (subbed) box's.

I have successfully used the SPI viewer to recover a de-subed box.
I recorded hit given from cc and re-sent. Everything worked fine.

But would this work after software up-grade?
(can not re-test as box is not in my possession)

Question: Why send a de-subb at all if cc believes they have original box in there possession. (original box mistakenly mixed)

Disclaimer:
The above statements are given through my experiences over the last 4 years. The results may vary according to memory,testing, location and timing.
(and other unforeseen disasters man-made or natural occurrences)
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Would it not be a factor the box's time of last subscription?
Updates I believe are sent separately from de-subb hits?
And (subbed) box's out of circulation for long time are less frequently sent a de-subb signal (if at all)?

If this being true, attention to newer (software Moded) subbed box's must be monitored more closely than older older (subbed) box's.

I have successfully used the SPI viewer to recover a de-subed box.
I recorded hit given from cc and re-sent. Everything worked fine.

But would this work after software up-grade?
(can not re-test as box is not in my possession)

Question: Why send a de-subb at all if cc believes they have original box in there possession. (original box mistakenly mixed)

Disclaimer:
The above statements are given through my experiences over the last 4 years. The results may vary according to memory,testing, location and timing.
(and other unforeseen disasters man-made or natural occurrences)
That's what have been said and may be the case in other places. In my area I can confirm this NOT to be the Case. I have known of boxes that have been out of accounts from 3 to 5 years or more that got De-Authorized in same amount of time as a newly subbed box.