RNG110 question

Newbie post here.
coolgang

RNG110 question

Post by coolgang »

Hi, I have RNG110 with all channels open, premium, PPV, OD etc...Only thing is it is from different area then mine..only about mile away from me but in different zip and town. When i plug this box in, I get some channels, no premium, no ppv, no od etc...only some local. I do get full TV guide but channels do not match up with tv guide, for example, in guide it will say ABC but when I go to that channel it will show BET... not all channels are like that but majority.
To make sure this box works, I took it back to area code where it came from and confirmed that everything is working.
I've read this forum and there is very limited info on this box. So if someone can help explain what is happening.
I am assuming that since its different area, I need to have NVRAM from my area. But I also read that due to diff area we have diff keys for video(i think i said it right :) )
I have left the box plugged in for a day and a half, but no change. Most channels say "please wait, this channel should be available shortly" with error code S0a00.
Can someone shed some light and tell me whats happening and what needs to be done.
And pls, go easy on me..thanks ;):confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

coolgang wrote:Hi, I have RNG110 with all channels open, premium, PPV, OD etc...Only thing is it is from different area then mine..only about mile away from me but in different zip and town. When i plug this box in, I get some channels, no premium, no ppv, no od etc...only some local. I do get full TV guide but channels do not match up with tv guide, for example, in guide it will say ABC but when I go to that channel it will show BET... not all channels are like that but majority.
To make sure this box works, I took it back to area code where it came from and confirmed that everything is working.
I've read this forum and there is very limited info on this box. So if someone can help explain what is happening.
I am assuming that since its different area, I need to have NVRAM from my area. But I also read that due to diff area we have diff keys for video(i think i said it right :) )
I have left the box plugged in for a day and a half, but no change. Most channels say "please wait, this channel should be available shortly" with error code S0a00.
Can someone shed some light and tell me whats happening and what needs to be done.
And pls, go easy on me..thanks ;):confused:
You can't JTag that Box so No way to get an NVRAM For your Area. So Only thing you can do is Use in Area It Belongs.
coolgang

Post by coolgang »

Thanks "Capone" :) So the issue is nvram? If the box was jtaggable then simply nvram from the area would have fixed the problem?

Oh and is it possible to get an nvram from different box and make one for my box? meaning get one from dch700 or something and make/edit or am I in lalal land :)

But then again, whats the point of creating one if you can't upload it to the box :)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

coolgang wrote:Thanks "Capone" :) So the issue is nvram? If the box was jtaggable then simply nvram from the area would have fixed the problem?

Oh and is it possible to get an nvram from different box and make one for my box? meaning get one from dch700 or something and make/edit or am I in lalal land :)

But then again, whats the point of creating one if you can't upload it to the box :)
For any Jtagable Box Yes. But not fo this BOX.
coolgang

Post by coolgang »

If this box isn't jtaggable yet then how does it have all the channels? I mean the box was plugged in for a day and a half, how come it didn't get disco?
How do I find out what type of mod this box has so it is able to get all channels?

Thanks
moddog

Post by moddog »

coolgang wrote:If this box isn't jtaggable yet then how does it have all the channels? I mean the box was plugged in for a day and a half, how come it didn't get disco?
How do I find out what type of mod this box has so it is able to get all channels?

Thanks
Maybe some one is paying the bill that you don,t know, but if i were you i would just enjoy wile it last
Good better best
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

coolgang wrote:If this box isn't jtaggable yet then how does it have all the channels? I mean the box was plugged in for a day and a half, how come it didn't get disco?

Thanks
moddog wrote:Maybe some one is paying the bill that you don,t know, but if i were you i would just enjoy wile it last
never mind enjoy it, i would take it out of the stream and just let it sit in your closet until you can find a way to block the caco....you never know what you might stumble upon one day....but if you leave it in the stream until it goes down you will NEVER get what it has now on it..
live your life like a beer commericial
coolgang

Post by coolgang »

justsomeguy wrote:never mind enjoy it, i would take it out of the stream and just let it sit in your closet until you can find a way to block the caco....you never know what you might stumble upon one day....but if you leave it in the stream until it goes down you will NEVER get what it has now on it..
Now where is the fun in that..:)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

coolgang wrote:Now where is the fun in that..:)
the fun will come when you FIGURE out how to test that box, (and actually have a decent sub)!!

if you think sitting there and waiting for the sub you have to dissapear while you get a few extra days to sit in front of your tv is fun then boy o boy you live a exciting life~ lol~

but if you dont wanna take good advice then enjoy the time you have left while others enjoy the time that they spent learning how to keep their stuff up so they aint waiting for the end....:D cheers~
live your life like a beer commericial
coolgang

Post by coolgang »

Oh you know I am going to be patient with that box...good things comes to those who wait :rolleyes:

I am definately up for learning...but am an infant when it comes to this stuff...I've been a member for quiet a while at this site and been reading lots of stuff, but its just bit complicated to digest....but that doesn't mean I am going to stop...;)

hopefully something good will happen....someone will figure this out, not that I am depending on it..may be it will be me...LOL ..Someone will share some info about this box...Unfortunately, I do not want to mess with this box since it is the only one I have so will be looking for one and play with it...8)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Thanks
You are watching channels that where subbed to the box. With the limited info you have posted its dificult to determine if a MOD was done ore Not. there are a few different MOD's that can be done. Most will take away the Guide. Very Few in the Hobby Know How to Do MOD With Guide.
coolgang

Post by coolgang »

CAPONE wrote:You are watching channels that where subbed to the box. With the limited info you have posted its dificult to determine if a MOD was done ore Not. there are a few different MOD's that can be done. Most will take away the Guide. Very Few in the Hobby Know How to Do MOD With Guide.
What type of info should I make available?
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

The guys are right, enjoy it while you can. :D

On the flip side, now would be a perfect time to learn a little bit about the box.

My advice, and this is just me personally. Assuming that the box is legally yours then you are ok to open the box up and take a look at it. If not, then do not mess around with it, make sure you know the law that way you are not taking any chances, and trust me I know all about that.

Anyways, moving on.

I have an RNG110 myself and it is a very nice box to work with in terms of learning. The only real pointer I can give you is to check out the SAW filter, learn about that in terms of how that particular piece of circuitry operates and how it functions, from there you can work backwards.

Hint: Look for schematics on Pace RNG110 ;)

Happy hunting bud.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
cherrymachine

rng110

Post by cherrymachine »

ssshhhhh....haha
moddog

Post by moddog »

cherrymachine wrote:ssshhhhh....haha
This is the samething usbdm talk about useless information, if you have nothing to add to the topic just don,t say anything.
Good better best