Dct2244/1661 ph7 hard bricked?

Newbie post here.
NEC

Post by NEC »

TUNDRA wrote:OK Sounds like you may be doing the Steps Wrong. I can help you Via TeamView If you Like.
Thanks Tundra I might take you up on that but tonight I think I'll spend some time with my kid instead of testing.
justsomeguy wrote:right on buddy...don't give up on this..you'll get it eventually...the main this is right to really make sure you have a good connection but if you tried that new box and it worked then you prob know what your doing for that part of it at least. try what cherrymachine posted and see what happens. then try to reset the rpc values again if that doesn't work;) try thinking outside the box and trying to do things in different order and differnet combo's and see if anything works for you...think about it this way....you can't screw it up any more then what it already is...so play around a bit....:D
I will get it eventually. I tend to learn things the hard way wether it be building engines/transmissions or life lessons (DUI, parenthood, divorce, etc....) I usually figure it out as I go.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

NEC wrote:Thanks Tundra I might take you up on that but tonight I think I'll spend some time with my kid instead of testing.
I will get it eventually. I tend to learn things the hard way wether it be building engines/transmissions or life lessons (DUI, parenthood, divorce, etc....) I usually figure it out as I go.
LMAO :D that's usually the best way to learn things buddy~ take a break then when you get bored pull it out again and try again, you'll get it eventually. and if i were you i'd take tundra up on his offer if you cannot get it. he doesn't offer to often so feel special that he did...lol..:rolleyes:
live your life like a beer commericial
NEC

Post by NEC »

well I tried debrick method and tried reset registers again. I have BDM OFF in rh corner the whole time and can't detect flash. I tried slowest setting with same results:

here's some of what I got.
-reset 1
-init (nothing changes, still all 000/fff etc.
-FLSHDCT code
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum ffff,ffff
-setram nvram
-r a7 200400
Register can not be set
-r rpc 468
Register can not be set

BDM off is what I can't get past.

Tundra if you still want to look at this I will be setting up teamview now.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:well I tried debrick method and tried reset registers again. I have BDM OFF in rh corner the whole time and can't detect flash. I tried slowest setting with same results:

here's some of what I got.
-reset 1
-init (nothing changes, still all 000/fff etc.
-FLSHDCT code
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum ffff,ffff
-setram nvram
-r a7 200400
Register can not be set
-r rpc 468
Register can not be set

BDM off is what I can't get past.

Tundra if you still want to look at this I will be setting up teamview now.
2 Things
One = when you power Box does the Display turn On or It stays BLACK?
Second = on Software Bottom Right Conner, Does It Show BDM ON Or BDM OFF?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
NEC

Post by NEC »

TUNDRA wrote:2 Things
One = when you power Box does the Display turn On or It stays BLACK?
Second = on Software Bottom Right Conner, Does It Show BDM ON Or BDM OFF?
all black, no lights. also, bdm off the whole time. If you look up at my earlier post I linked a thread where you and Mrsky were talking about the same problem. No resolution though.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:all black, no lights. also, bdm off the whole time. If you look up at my earlier post I linked a thread where you and Mrsky were talking about the same problem. No resolution though.
One more Question What PH Board? I have been able to DeBrick a PH8 from this condition. In Fact It seams that the PH8 Board is the Only one of the DCT2000 Series that this Often happens to for Some ODD Reason.

Something worth Looking Into USBBDM....
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
NEC

Post by NEC »

TUNDRA wrote:One more Question What PH Board? I have been able to DeBrick a PH8 from this condition. In Fact It seams that the PH8 Board is the Only one of the DCT2000 Series that this Often happens to for Some ODD Reason.

Something worth Looking Into USBBDM....
all 3 of mine are ph7s. Of the 2 bricks one is a 2224/1661 and one 2244/1661. If you remember what you did to recover the ph8 I'll give a try. If you already know it don't work on my ph7 board I can always use these for the walmart swap method. I have a buddy who drives a van I may ask for help...

At this point I'm thinking of getting JTAGNT and testing 700 series/others. I don't have a local nvram for 700/2500 but I think I got the knowledge now to force update on dct700 using my current dct2000 backups. I've been reading lot (oc disorder). This hobby is getting expensive. so far it's a box a day habit.. plus hardware.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

NEC wrote:all 3 of mine are ph7s. Of the 2 bricks one is a 2224/1661 and one 2244/1661. If you remember what you did to recover the ph8 I'll give a try. If you already know it don't work on my ph7 board I can always use these for the walmart swap method. I have a buddy who drives a van I may ask for help...

At this point I'm thinking of getting JTAGNT and testing 700 series/others. I don't have a local nvram for 700/2500 but I think I got the knowledge now to force update on dct700 using my current dct2000 backups. I've been reading lot (oc disorder). This hobby is getting expensive. so far it's a box a day habit.. plus hardware.
lol..thats funny :D don't worry buddy...once you get a bit more into it you'll have a good collection of everything you need...then you'll also get those boxs going and have a few extra's ;) as for the 700/2500 if they are local boxs you can just use the info from the box itself to test with. you only need a different backup if it isn't local ;)
NEC

I fixed it!!! yay!!

Post by NEC »

For anyone still interested in this here's what I did to get BDM ON. There's a jumper on the board next to what looks like an empty eprom socket. First step I did was short the jumper with a screwdriver and hit the ID button (I read somewhere this stops the processor or something). BDM came ON at this point and I got good rpc values. I removed the screwdriver at this point. MAKE SURE TO SET THE SPEED AT SLOW OR IT WON'T PROGRAM (the 1st try it hung up in program and I had to shut off in task manager). Everythig from this point on was done using the dct2224 scripts in sw ver 52. I ran the debrick command to reset registers and then loaded my good backups. The KEY was jumping the pins at the start to get BDM ON and id the chip. Hope this helps anyone with this issue in the future. Now what am I going to do with all these good working DCT's? Thanks again to all you who have helped encourage me along the way. Now I have spares for more "advanced" testing.
NEC

Post by NEC »

just debricked another one. I left the screwdriver in the jumper the whole time during this one. It worked fine at slow speed took about 3 minutes total.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:just debricked another one. I left the screwdriver in the jumper the whole time during this one. It worked fine at slow speed took about 3 minutes total.
Great Work Buddy. Upload a Picture of where to place Jumper If you can.
NEC

Post by NEC »

[ATTACH]640[/ATTACH]
TUNDRA wrote:Great Work Buddy. Upload a Picture of where to place Jumper If you can.
I'm not good at hosting photos. If anyone else wants I can email them to post. It looks like it is tagged JP508 on my board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:[ATTACH]640[/ATTACH]

I'm not good at hosting photos. If anyone else wants I can email them to post. It looks like it is tagged JP508 on my board.
The Picture is PERFECT. Thanks.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

NEC wrote:For anyone still interested in this here's what I did to get BDM ON. There's a jumper on the board next to what looks like an empty eprom socket. First step I did was short the jumper with a screwdriver and hit the ID button (I read somewhere this stops the processor or something). BDM came ON at this point and I got good rpc values. I removed the screwdriver at this point. MAKE SURE TO SET THE SPEED AT SLOW OR IT WON'T PROGRAM (the 1st try it hung up in program and I had to shut off in task manager). Everythig from this point on was done using the dct2224 scripts in sw ver 52. I ran the debrick command to reset registers and then loaded my good backups. The KEY was jumping the pins at the start to get BDM ON and id the chip. Hope this helps anyone with this issue in the future. Now what am I going to do with all these good working DCT's? Thanks again to all you who have helped encourage me along the way. Now I have spares for more "advanced" testing.
GREAT JOB and WECOME ABOARD !!!:D:D now you'll be able to test your ass off..that was a GREAT find there pal~ really shows you have what it takes to stay and play that's for sure.~;) it's nice to see some new people that are actually willing to take the time and learn and actually WANT to test instead of just comming to ask for help so they can TOS.....so once again i say...WELCOME ABOARD ..!! :cool: