Dct2224 (bdm) vs2500/700(jtag)

Newbie post here.
NEC

Dct2224 (bdm) vs2500/700(jtag)

Post by NEC »

Hello all, I am new to this forum but have been into testing since the days of plastic. I have recently decided to try the Motorola DCT platform(s). I have recently acquired a pair of local 2224/ph7s for testing and have a subbed unit of the same model. It seems that this is the platform the local office is using. I am now stuck deciding whether to buy the usbbdmnt (which only works for my current platform) or jtagnt and a 2500/700. I would prefer the jtagnt as it covers a wider range of platforms and I could easily get a dct700 off of fleabay... I have searched and read other posts which imply that the JTAGNT has more advanced functionality in the 700/2500 platforms and if this is true I would like to know the details... Any suggestions at this point would help me to make a decision as to which way to go with my hardware purchase. Thanks.
cherrymachine

Post by cherrymachine »

get both...
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

NEC wrote:Hello all, I am new to this forum but have been into testing since the days of plastic. I have recently decided to try the Motorola DCT platform(s). I have recently acquired a pair of local 2224/ph7s for testing and have a subbed unit of the same model. It seems that this is the platform the local office is using. I am now stuck deciding whether to buy the usbbdmnt (which only works for my current platform) or jtagnt and a 2500/700. I would prefer the jtagnt as it covers a wider range of platforms and I could easily get a dct700 off of fleabay... I have searched and read other posts which imply that the JTAGNT has more advanced functionality in the 700/2500 platforms and if this is true I would like to know the details... Any suggestions at this point would help me to make a decision as to which way to go with my hardware purchase. Thanks.
i already answered your question in the thread that you highjacked....get both if you really wanna test a variety of things! i told you already as well that the software is the same it just allows you to switch between tools as necessary!.

but like already stated over and over the best choich is to get BOTH!
live your life like a beer commericial
NEC

Post by NEC »

You have convinced me I need both. I will get the BDMNT for my current needs and most likely will order the JTAGNT in the near future.. I will be sure to buy from the OEM. Thanks for the advice