DCT2224 PH8 to DCT2224/1161/ACDEG PH6 question

Newbie post here.
kaczmaster

DCT2224 PH8 to DCT2224/1161/ACDEG PH6 question

Post by kaczmaster »

I recently subbed to the caco in Michigan (Charter) and found out from the cable contractor installer that the DCT2224/1161/ACDEG or any DCT motorola digital box as far as this post is concerned that comes from the cable company is already in a full test mode from the caco.

The installer told me to install a data only filter which blocks channels 2 thru 99 on the analog band, to block the caco's signal that addresses the box. I did this over two months ago when the cable was origionally installed and I am still receiving all of my channels. (basic and pay channels).

One thing that I do not receive at this time is VOD and the preview guide. I am very new to testing the DCT series of boxes but am well versed on the older testing days of the H, HU, and D**H as well as B*V. I just ordered my new BDMNT and am waiting for it to arrive so I can read a dump of this IRD with full test mode enabled.

This post is to put people up on the fact that if they go to the caco and ask for another box for a bedroom etc. that they may have the same luck that I am having in Michigan. DO NOT PLUG YOUR NEWLY ACQUIRED DCT SERIES BOX TO THE STREAM TILL U MAKE A GOOD READ OF ALL OF THE DUMP.

The box I got from my caco is a DCT2000 PH8. All channels come in with the data only filter inline. The PPV has not been tested as of yet as I am waiting on my USBBDMNT to come in so I can read the dump. My question is really simple. I have heard a lot of people talking about flipping the firmware of a PH6. I will be the first to adfmit that I have not done enough reading to even post yet, but I was wondering if anybody has the information I seek and is able to put me on it faster than I can find it on my own.

I have the fully functional PH8 CACO box that I want to clone to my DCT2224/1161/ACDEG (PH6). Is this possible? Is there a thread to teach me the exact step by step process of cloning a PH8 box to a PH6 box?

I am afraid to try anything for fear of bricking my newly aquired PH6 that has been out of the stream for years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

kaczmaster wrote:I recently subbed to the caco in Michigan (Charter) and found out from the cable contractor installer that the DCT2224/1161/ACDEG or any DCT motorola digital box as far as this post is concerned that comes from the cable company is already in a full test mode from the caco.

The installer told me to install a data only filter which blocks channels 2 thru 99 on the analog band, to block the caco's signal that addresses the box. I did this over two months ago when the cable was origionally installed and I am still receiving all of my channels. (basic and pay channels).

One thing that I do not receive at this time is VOD and the preview guide. I am very new to testing the DCT series of boxes but am well versed on the older testing days of the H, HU, and D**H as well as B*V. I just ordered my new BDMNT and am waiting for it to arrive so I can read a dump of this IRD with full test mode enabled.

This post is to put people up on the fact that if they go to the caco and ask for another box for a bedroom etc. that they may have the same luck that I am having in Michigan. DO NOT PLUG YOUR NEWLY ACQUIRED DCT SERIES BOX TO THE STREAM TILL U MAKE A GOOD READ OF ALL OF THE DUMP.

The box I got from my caco is a DCT2000 PH8. All channels come in with the data only filter inline. The PPV has not been tested as of yet as I am waiting on my USBBDMNT to come in so I can read the dump. My question is really simple. I have heard a lot of people talking about flipping the firmware of a PH6. I will be the first to adfmit that I have not done enough reading to even post yet, but I was wondering if anybody has the information I seek and is able to put me on it faster than I can find it on my own.

I have the fully functional PH8 CACO box that I want to clone to my DCT2224/1161/ACDEG (PH6). Is this possible? Is there a thread to teach me the exact step by step process of cloning a PH8 box to a PH6 box?

I am afraid to try anything for fear of bricking my newly aquired PH6 that has been out of the stream for years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not all PH6 needs to flip the firmware. Only type II need to flip the firmware. For beginner it is better clone to the same type of box than between different type.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

kaczmaster wrote:I recently subbed to the caco in Michigan (Charter) and found out from the cable contractor installer that the DCT2224/1161/ACDEG or any DCT motorola digital box as far as this post is concerned that comes from the cable company is already in a full test mode from the caco.

I have the fully functional PH8 CACO box that I want to clone to my DCT2224/1161/ACDEG (PH6). Is this possible? Is there a thread to teach me the exact step by step process of cloning a PH8 box to a PH6 box?I am afraid to try anything for fear of bricking my newly aquired PH6 that has been out of the stream for years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
First = Forget anything you Know about the H,HU Or any Kind of Sat Crap. Will do you no Good with these Boxes.
Second = Sounds Like you should have done Lots More Reading Before Ordering tool. Its clear you didn't Since your asking for a Step By Step On Cloning. NOT POSIBLE TO DO FULL CLONE. Read USBBDM posts As thats about as close to a Step By Step as your going to Get. This is More Hands On Learning. Not Step by Step Learning.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
junctionbox

Your filter

Post by junctionbox »

Also the filter youre using is blocking ondemand also but you re good keep reading you catch on sooner or later minus your filters
junctionbox