2224 & 2244

Newbie post here.
bucckevin

2224 & 2244

Post by bucckevin »

Can anyone identify these boards for me? I know the top 2 are older ones and bottom is either ph7/8/9.

I just bought a usbjtagnt for the dct2500 so I'll have to wait a bit before I can get a bdm for these boxes. i think the bdm would work with the bottom one. I'm not sure how i'd be able to program the top 2 tho..

Also, top right is missing an eprom chip, is that normal?

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6655/img3379999.jpg
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

bucckevin wrote:Can anyone identify these boards for me? I know the top 2 are older ones and bottom is either ph7/8/9.

I just bought a usbjtagnt for the dct2500 so I'll have to wait a bit before I can get a bdm for these boxes. i think the bdm would work with the bottom one. I'm not sure how i'd be able to program the top 2 tho..

Also, top right is missing an eprom chip, is that normal?

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6655/img3379999.jpg
the top left looks like a cr4 ...but can't see them very well...just look in the upper corner and it will tell you the model number and what ph it is....if it doesnt say ph it will have a cr4 and if it doesn't have that it's a non ph...for the cr4 you have to cut a resistor c105 i think off the top of my head (it's in the top corner of the box on the oppisite side as the model i think)...but do a search for how to program them and there's a good first step while your waiting for your programmer...read read read..then once you get your usbbdm and start playing around ask questions or go to the chat for some help...
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

oh haha thanks. ya top left is CR4, top right is PH7 and bottom is PH8.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Start playing with PH7/8 first. CR4 is harder to play than the newer boards.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

usbbdm wrote:Start playing with PH7/8 first. CR4 is harder to play than the newer boards.
oh really? i was gonna start with the cr4 first since that gets channels and an ip address. the ph7/8 gets blank screen and no ip address. would a deactivation cause that?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

bucckevin wrote:oh really? i was gonna start with the cr4 first since that gets channels and an ip address. the ph7/8 gets blank screen and no ip address. would a deactivation cause that?
YES. You can Check the Box State in Ocult Menu.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."