programing information and tips guides only post what u find

Newbie post here.
tester5

programing information and tips guides only post what u find

Post by tester5 »

please everyone else post all the steps and info you think is helpfull for others.....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Great post. Thank you.
elkora

Post by elkora »

WOW :shock:

Gracias Adrian!

can you stick this one please :D
tester5

Post by tester5 »

a good example of the right firmware will start with this symilar caracteristics

h.@a.@a.@a.@a.
.@a.@a.@a.@a
.@a.@a.@a.@a
.@a.@a.@a.@a
.@a.@a.@a.@a
.@a.@a.@a.@a

if you code data dosent stat with something simmilar to that then its fliped you must unfilp. same thing under usbbdm you have options on top sads flip firmware
browntiger

Post by browntiger »

every box can go into diagnostic menu by remote or buttons. power down the box and press select untill menu comes.
My provider remaps power off/select diagnostics. Any tips on how to locate or routine address would be apreciated[/quote]
tester5

Post by tester5 »

impossible that is motorola screen company cannnot block that.....try
cipher

Post by cipher »

Perhaps your are pressing select to quickly after the power off button, try going a little slower on the select button. It is possible to code the firmware to ignore the button but this is very very unlikely, they need the diags for the field guys...
browntiger

Post by browntiger »

>>Perhaps your are pressing select to quickly after the power off button

Nope.

1) If I flash with version availble on this site -> power select works like charm

2) If I flash with cc -> cannot.

I observed installer pressing 4 button combo to enter diagnostics...

I can post roms on some share like rapid ( NodeID set to random )
cipher

Post by cipher »

Well that confirms that they have changed the code for the diagnostics invocation.

Did he use the remote or the front panel? I assume its the remote.

You could try this info..... from the 5100 series

Accessing Diagnostics
You can run the base platform software or Thin Client software to access the DCT5100
diagnostics. The Heritage mode and the Enhanced mode are the two modes of entry for
accessing diagnostics. The Heritage mode uses the front-panel keys or IR remote and is
commonly used with the DCT 1000, DCT 1200, and DCT2000 models. The Enhanced mode uses
the front-panel keys and supports an on/off state-independent entry.
To access diagnostics using the Heritage and Enhanced modes:
1 Ensure the set-top is installed with the base platform or Thin Client software and that it is
connected to an ac outlet.
2 Press POWER and then within 2 seconds press SELECT for Heritage mode.
or
Simultaneously press both CURSOR left and CURSOR right and hold both keys for three seconds for Enhanced mode.
The DIAGNOSTICS main menu is displayed on the OSD and d01 is displayed on the
front-panel LED. The DCT5100 is now in diagnostic mode.
Use the following keys to navigate diagnostics menus:
�� Press CHANNEL ▲, CHANNEL ▼, CURSOR ▲, or CURSOR ▼ to select d01 through E.
�� Press CURSOR left and CURSOR right, SELECT or ENTER to execute the selected diagnostic.
�� Select E from the main menu to exit.
�� Pressing POWER also exits diagnostic mode.
drknebula

faking UID

Post by drknebula »

I have managed to successfully install 7.93 firmware and can use testfirmware menuitem to enter a fake UID. Question is how many characters should it be and how would I select one? I notice the output says don't forget to program the chip. I assume I need to re-program after checking the boxes to block xc chip auth and entering the fake uid.

Also, this is an E11 box. I managed to somehow repopulate the Network address but after resetting it vanished. Any idea what I did?
CR4 boad DCT2244.
usbbdm

Re: faking UID

Post by usbbdm »

drknebula wrote:I have managed to successfully install 7.93 firmware and can use testfirmware menuitem to enter a fake UID. Question is how many characters should it be and how would I select one? I notice the output says don't forget to program the chip. I assume I need to re-program after checking the boxes to block xc chip auth and entering the fake uid.

Also, this is an E11 box. I managed to somehow repopulate the Network address but after resetting it vanished. Any idea what I did?
CR4 boad DCT2244.
Only enter middle 10 digit of the unit address.
Yes you need to reprogram it back to the box.
Your nevram might be reset for the network loss.
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

So just choose 10 arbitrary hex digits to enter into the box eh? Easy enough.. :)

To program that information back after entering a UID and checking whatever boxes, I simply need to "setram nvram" or do I need to program 0x00406000-0x004B0000 range again like I did when I loaded the 07.93 firmware?

Also, after I successfully program the UID and other info back to the box, should I see the check boxes checked and UID populated each subsequent time I select the "Firmware Test 07.93" under DCT Testing Menu option?

The behavior I observe now is each subsequent time I select "Firmware Test 07.93" under DCT Testing Menu the boxes I checked are no longer checked and the UID box is blank.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

Question maibe someone had probem with this before......somewere in the nvram somehting is screwed up and i have no audio got video no audio on digital staions....

anyone know location were would the nvram have somehting about the audio? i cant get sound i think is corupt.
krunkcraig

Post by krunkcraig »

Documentation for the Modular Microcontroller Family: http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~anderpe/master/331umr1.pdf

Helpful PDF. Cheers