...no spoon feeding?

Newbie post here.
jimmy5150

...no spoon feeding?

Post by jimmy5150 »

So i have been poking around for a few days and reading and searching topics on this forum. I still feel kind of clueless on this subject. I want to basically clone a box. There is not exactly a step by step how to, and if there is I cant find one. if I have 2 2244's from the same side of the city and one is active with all channels, is the nvram all I need from the active one? Do they have to be the same ph number? What about faking the uid?

So i buy the usb bdm nt and then i match the pin 1 on the kind of board it is, I then download and install drivers, activate the usbbdm nt, and... I think thats all I have. I would be more than glad to take the time and type out a tutorial, a step by step how to if only I can figure it out. Help please? I would appreciate any help via pm if it need be private.

Thanks for reading,
Jimmy
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Still reading... Am i wasting my time or money purchasing the usb bdm programmer? Im reading that you cant clone abox... but im not sure if thats what im trying to do. I just want to use a deactivated box with the channels and nvram from a box that was once activated with all channels. Is this even possible?
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

you should be able to use the connect the box feature. When you order the usbbdmnt you can download the software and activate it. also go to [url]http://www.usbjtag,com[/url] and click file download on the left column and select usbjtagnt and download this USBJTAGNT Software 0.36 and this DCT2224.DLL 0.29. extract and install the usbjtagnt software and email usbbdm for activation then follow activation video found here http://www.usbjtag.com click video tutorial on left hand side and select software installation and choose to watch the usbjtagnt software activation video. Follow it and install it and then take the dct2224.dll that you downloaded and extract it and drop the dll in the usbjtagnt dll folder.

Now you are ready to play.

you might be able to use connect the box feature to activate your box if not then clone the nvram from the first box. Either way you will only get the channels that were last actvated on the box(not whats active on the working box).

I have never used the connect the box feature so search for a post where someone did.
to clone is simple watch the backup video. so go to http://www.usbjtag click video tutorial again, click cable boxes, click dct2000 and watch the backup video(this copies the code and nvram) commands are listed below

to clone nvram hook it up to working box and type these commands
reset 1
init
getram nvram
getram code
save nvram
save code

now watch the restore video you will find it in the same place as the backup video
now hook up bdmnt to non working box and type these commands
reset 1
init
flshdct code
ldram nvram
ldram code
setram nvram
program code 406000 ba000

now its all cloned and should work. If its fucked then watch the debrick video and don't shoot the messenger...you asked for help!
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Thanks a ton!... So i can only get whatever channels the deactivated box once had... And i need to make a backup from an active working box. What happens when the original active working box gets deactivated? Will the "cloned" box still work? And what about faking the uid or is that part of the commands I must follow..? Should I connect my box through a vcr after I get it to work so that it wont get cut off later?
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

yeah sorry you will want to fake the unit id also. so click dct2224 testing in the usbjtagnt software(this is the dll you added) then click firmware test and check all boxes and enter fake unit id and click ok. Then it will tell you what to do next. Program code I think. Make sure you read some posts before you do it. I'm no expert here. Also change it on your subbed box before you cancel service. Yes the cloned box will still work if you change the unit id and cancel sub. You will lose some premium channels i believe.

I just found out there is a script for the other post I made on cloning the box. just type dct2224 and press enter then a menu pops up. follow the menu. Less chance of screwing your boxes up. You should be able to back up and restore and change unit id all from the simple menu. I have a bricked box so I can't tell you for sure that it will also change (fake) unit id.

As far as hooking it through a vcr I believe that is if you want to order ppv. I think the vcr blocks the return path to the cable company. You can also accomplish this by unplugging the loop through cable on the back of your box i believe.

I have been here for quite awhile but I am no expert. I have done 4 boxes successfully and bricked 1. So someone with more expertise might tell you not to follow my instructions. If I am wrong I apologize it was not intentional to mislead you.
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

I really appreciate the help. Thanks a lot. Sounds a little confusing but, I'm sure it will be easier to understand when I'm actually doing it. Im just waiting for the usbbdm programmer to arrive in the mail and I'll begin testing. Thanks again. Ill bug you again when my programmer comes in. :)
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

sure no probs here, Once you successfully do one, you will ask yourself why was I so confused. Its not difficult.
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Why does the program tell me firmware not supported? How do i check or update firmware ona cr4?
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Also when i try to load nvram it says check memory range...
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Okay so lemme put it all together. So when i try to test firmware it says not supported, when i try to load nvram it says check memory range. It also give me an unknown flash type error. Bdm connected and Bdm On are both present on the right hand corner... Any help would be appreciated.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jimmy5150 wrote:Okay so lemme put it all together. So when i try to test firmware it says not supported, when i try to load nvram it says check memory range. It also give me an unknown flash type error. Bdm connected and Bdm On are both present on the right hand corner... Any help would be appreciated.
Make sure you have the right dll in place.This info can be found under About box. Always get the latest dll. If you do not see dll loaded, download and copy it to the dll directory.
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

I checked the little question mark about box and all it says is bdm version .39 and id number.... Is that the one you ment? I didnt have the most updated dll by the way but i downloaded it and put it in the directory. Nothing changes though... same issues.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jimmy5150 wrote:I checked the little question mark about box and all it says is bdm version .39 and id number.... Is that the one you ment? I didnt have the most updated dll by the way but i downloaded it and put it in the directory. Nothing changes though... same issues.
Can you post a screen shot?
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »

Sure give me a sec... im in chat as well by the way. thanks for the assistance
jimmy5150

Post by jimmy5150 »