dct2244 help

Newbie post here.
ll_Jay

dct2244 help

Post by ll_Jay »

I have a few questions before i get started. # 1)DCT/1661/ACDEFG box was shut off from down the road for nonpayment can this be tested back to the channels it had before cc shut it off. i have read yes and no on it (2) do i have to solder a header in place to make the usbbdm jtag to work. I have tested the sb5100 and the old school (dave and charlie) before, so i know alot of reading and understanding is in place. I also do alot of writing when i do testing of this nature so it would not be a problem for me to write a guide for fellow members to come after me. Remember at some point in time you were a newbie. I dont want my hand held, just a start. Thanks for any help from you pro testers.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

1. Yes and no. If the CC has not changed the video keys. Yes. If CC has changed the video keys no.
2. You do not need to solder pin header on those boxes as they already have the BDM connector on it.
ll_Jay

Post by ll_Jay »

thanks for the insight bro.
stuuked

Post by stuuked »

Just to emphasize what usbbdm just said. A jtag won't work on a dct2000 series box. U need a bdm, which u can order on this site. Good luck!