Newbie post here.
tunta

back after long time

Post by tunta »

was away for a few years
bought a bdm cable from usbbdm
backed up firmware getram code and getgram nvram
wrote some spi frmware to box and logged the data while it was autorized
then wrote the always on never disconect firmware(cant find that anywere now)
then after a little box turned off and disconnect

i turned it back on and after lil while lost everything.
then box was in a state were it wouldnt bootup. i prettymuch gaveup

now i got unit to take the backuped firmware i had and nvram and spi command dont seem to auth any the old channels using that log?
were are the block death fw? what do i do to block the deayth?
see some new bdm nt cable??? will mine still work??
i cant get into vod now either?

i got this box back to factory as much as i could
gonna call to get it reauthed ect
what apps and fw should i use to log it
do i stay with same fw or change to a always on never disconnect fw? after i do the log, were is the never deauth fw now?
how do i acess vod? and is clear ppv working now?

better to use getram code and getram nvram or use getram 200000 40000 ect
and same for setram does it matter?
any certain areas i should be carefull about to perserve that are specific to my cc and check?

thnx in advance for any help on this matter and if u cant post in main please do pm me
tunta

Post by tunta »

guys any help apreciated
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please describe clearly what you really need. Reading your post get me confused.
tunta

Post by tunta »

ok sorry. below are all the questions i was hoping to get answers for from that thread i posted above. i tried to put in as much detail as possible and what i have done in the post above.

1 were is the firmware to block deathorization and box to stay on

2 why did box deauth and turn off with that firmware
how do i prevent it from hapening again

3 spi log i got wont work, ive tried to playback. doesnt auth chans?
how do i log and playback spi? any newer apps or info for this?

4 how do i acess vod? it dosnt do anything?

5 is clear ppv working now?

6 better to use getram code and getram nvram or use getram 200000 40000 ect
and same for setram does it matter?

7 any certain areas i should be carefull about to perserve that are specific to my cc and they check?

8 will this new usbbdm cable work any better than the old one i got. will the new software work for old one and were do i get it. what is main diference in software?

9 whats best way to take box back to cc, firmware nvram ect and clean ppv for them to reauth it and not set off any alarm bells
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

1. No such kind of firmware.
2. CC send de-auth command. Fake UID can do it.
3. SPI still work. SPI command is to play back.
4. This depends on your CC.
5. Same as before. Clear in NVRAM.
6. Does not matter.
7. Not sure what you are talking about.
8. New USB BDM has some features that old one does not. But as far as testing they work equally well.
9. call you CC with the box set to "0" state. (clear all the NVRAM).
tunta

Post by tunta »

thanx for the response
ill try to expand on questions 1,2,3,4,5,7,and 8 hopefully that is little more clear.

question 1
i remeber some firmware i put on the box were do u select that fw to write to box?
2 do i need to set it to a real uid? or any number?

3 the spi playback dont seem to reauth the channels after i do playback? does certian fw have to be on box when i playback the log? is thereanyway to know if its actually being authed or not?

4 the vod used to work. now after some time i tried it and the button dont do anything, any way to reactivate the vod

5 when i last tried to clear ppv it was still seeing ppv when i reverted back to a clean nvram. thoght it was stored in xcchip?

7 is there any code i should be carefull of checking after i rewrite or save fw to or from box like any areas the cc buts thier provider id or something.

8 what are these features? can nt software be used on old cable?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

tunta wrote:thanx for the response
ill try to expand on questions 1,2,3,4,5,7,and 8 hopefully that is little more clear.

question 1
i remeber some firmware i put on the box were do u select that fw to write to box?
2 do i need to set it to a real uid? or any number?

3 the spi playback dont seem to reauth the channels after i do playback? does certian fw have to be on box when i playback the log? is thereanyway to know if its actually being authed or not?

4 the vod used to work. now after some time i tried it and the button dont do anything, any way to reactivate the vod

5 when i last tried to clear ppv it was still seeing ppv when i reverted back to a clean nvram. thoght it was stored in xcchip?

7 is there any code i should be carefull of checking after i rewrite or save fw to or from box like any areas the cc buts thier provider id or something.

8 what are these features? can nt software be used on old cable?
1. I do not know if the firmware exist.
2. It depends, some CC need good UID to do VOD. But it might not work as it might conflict with the system.
3. Only a GOOD SPI command will auth the channels. If you have SPI log that was two years old you will not be do that as the keys might have changed in your system.
4. This could be a system upgrade from your CC. Try to find a different way.
5. That is possible. The clear PPV in NVRAM used to work.
7. You will not be re-write the code without proper checksum.
8. NO. The new software was re-written. But as of BDM old software still work for your needs on BDM testing.
tunta

Post by tunta »

thanx usb, ill try to reword the other questions little better.

1 how do i write the fw to the box to stop deauthorization. were is this fw found or is it a setting i have to change? i remeber writing a fw to this years ago to to stop deauth.

4 it used to work untill i bricked the box
now after writing back the code and nvram i had saved vid dont work. were can i cee if any settings got messed up on my end. i know vod works here as same boxes ive seen do.

7 so i have to make sure i have proper checksum b4 i write code?. wre can i check this or view it?

8 what is benifit to the new software? is it more user frendly, gui, ect esier to use
tunta

Post by tunta »

anyone?

also cant figgurout the spi thing
do i use spicommander to spilog to get the auth command when its sent

afte i use spi in usbbdm my box turns off and wont tunr on
tried spi logger and spicommaner the show no info being logged
got a serial cable connected too