Total N00bie help

Newbie post here.
decadude

Total N00bie help

Post by decadude »

I have been reading around a bit and was wondering which was better to get and what were teh differences of the usb jtag and the bdm jtag

thanks in advanced
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

USB JTAG and USB BDM are both device to access target CPU via testing port. USB BDM is mainly used for Motorola 6833X CPU. USB JTAG is initially designed for EJTAG 32 (MIPS core) and now partly support EJTAG64 and ST20.

USB BDM is 10 pin but please do not mess with 10 pin JTAG normally found at cable modem.
USB JTAG found here has 14 pins but it compatible all the 10 pin EJTAG found in cable modems. You simply need to match first 10 pin of JTAG. The rest 4 pins are not used. There are 14 pin EJTAG found in digital cable boxes like DCT2500, DCT700, DVI3000 and DCT6412.

If you want use USB JTAG on 10 pin cable modem, you STILL NEED use USB JTAG. It is not the pin number that dictate the function. I have receive emails asking they need 10 pin USB JTAG and I believe they have mostly used blackcat and believe to access cable modem, the need 10 pin device regardless it is BDM or JTAG.
rebel

What do I need to clone my cc box?

Post by rebel »

I just bought a DCT2244/1661/ACDEFG on ebay. waiting on it to arive to play with. I also bought the USBBDM(NT) and waiting on that too. The cc box I have is a 2244 also, which is the one I want to clone.

I'm reading a lot of posts here even though I find a lot of them to be very old.
What else do I need to make this happen? :confused:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

rebel. Check your PM.
Felix422

New To this

Post by Felix422 »

I am a new user to this website I have a feud question to ask in hope that someone can answer them for me.

Q. I would like to buy the digital cable box DTC 6412.
Q. How can I get a step by step instrution on how to configuere this box.
Q. Can This box work for TIME WARNER cable.

Thank You
guiche810

information

Post by guiche810 »

Hello iam very,very new with this.But i have a C700 CABLE BOX What do i need to start with it¿ thans for any help.
floder2

Clone-DCT-2244

Post by floder2 »

I have a DCT-2244 -PH8- that was setup to get all channels--working fine
I want to know if it is possible to clone this box to a DCT-2244-PH6 box...
This DC T -2244-PH6 I picked up 2 years ago from a yard sale and never
did anything with it.. If I can --How do I do it......??? all I have is a 10 pin
parellel jtag...............
empulse

Post by empulse »

I am a total newb. Have experience in other areas (Sat). I have a DCT2224 (PH9) and am looking for a how to guide.. any help would be appreciated. The box is from my local area.

I have the USB_BDM_NT.

thanx - any help would be greatly appreciated.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

http://www.usbjtag.com/
On left follow USB BDM section and read every page first. Then search this forum.
The basic programming can be found on web pages.
ttsatellite

usbbdm arrive today!

Post by ttsatellite »

just have questions please,

My usbbdmnt and usbjtagnt both comes today. My dct 2224 will come tomorrow. Where do i start to play with? I have bright house network in FL. Thanks in advandce.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ttsatellite wrote:just have questions please,

My usbbdmnt and usbjtagnt both comes today. My dct 2224 will come tomorrow. Where do i start to play with? I have bright house network in FL. Thanks in advandce.
Start from here.
http://www.usbjtag.com/
On left select BDM and find all the pages. Find your board type. Match pin 1.
songlong

Post by songlong »

Hi I got my usbjtag nt 2 days ago and I have read alot of thing on usbjtag.com. but I still lost, I have a motorola sb5120 that when it plug in the power cable with out plug anything in yet, but the power and the pc/activity is on. which pc/activity should not be on, since I have not plugin the ethernet cable. Could you please show me how to get my modem work again. I already activate the software and I know that I have to use the UJmodem software, but that it. so please any help would be really appreciated. In addition when I try to detect the modem this is what is display
IDCODE FFFFFFFF
Manufacturer not found 7FF
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This looks to me
1. Possible wrong pin1 one is matched.
2. Not a good soldering of the pin header.
You must have CPU ID displayed properly to be able to continue on.
radicalfury

Post by radicalfury »

I am a NOOBIE too.
I was curious how this works exactly, now what are we doing as far as cable boxes are we cloning the codes to a 'Blank' box and opening up the stream?

if so,

I have a scientfic alanta is it possible with this?
not sure if we used motorola in this area....?

let me know,

thanks.
Gizmodc96

DCT6412 Help

Post by Gizmodc96 »

Noob here needing some information on a couple of things.

If I buy the cable box DCT6412, what do I need to look for, is there a certain area I need to buy one from? Can I just get one myself then cancel?
Will this work for comcast in florida?

Thank You