Vod

PPV issues.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:I have the same problem as you guys, except I've already tested valid uid and upm combo but I still get the error "call this number" after placing an order. I'm thinking my area has higher security than most. I'm starting to wonder about the importance of the upstream as well. I will be testing some today please let me if anyone knows how to change upstream. Thanks.
Is you IPPV Enabled Or Disabled in Option 9?

Do you Get an IP- Option 12?

I may also Be that Box Never had the VOD feature Active.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

Is you IPPV Enabled Or Disabled in Option 9?
Frequency: 10.400 Mhz
Level: 45
IPPV: ERROR

Yes,
10.8.xxx.xxx (this is a real IP address just didn't want to post full thing)
State : Running

This must be it, not sure of any other reason I'd get ERROR on the IPPV :confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:Is you IPPV Enabled Or Disabled in Option 9?
Frequency: 10.400 Mhz
Level: 45
IPPV: ERROR

Yes,
10.8.xxx.xxx (this is a real IP address just didn't want to post full thing)
State : Running

This must be it, not sure of any other reason I'd get ERROR on the IPPV :confused:
Check option 2 OOB ANd see if you have somthing other than 0. Should be 23 or 24 , ANything other than 0.
Or it can be that you don't have Coax cable connected. If you don't connect Coax Cable you get Error as well.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

I think if coax is not connected, box will not get ip. My problem is I don't get ip with valid uid and upm. My ippv is enable on this box.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:I think if coax is not connected, box will not get ip. My problem is I don't get ip with valid uid and upm. My ippv is enable on this box.
Clearly Without Coax You won't Get IP. I only Mention that to the Other Member as the Posible Cause for ERROR on the IPPV.

Have you Made a Thread About your Problem? Rather than HighJacking This One?????

Or at the Very Least If you READ This One Why No Post What shows in the OOB or option 10 and Stuff?
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

I have good OOB.
Did a full firmware restore and now my IPPV status changed
IPPV: UNSENT

Not sure how reflashing took it from ERROR to UNSENT, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Tried playing around with different UIDs/upm, ones that give me IP and ONdemand menu, with certain combo I got the following when placing an order,
Request failed. Please unplug power on cable box for 1 min. Order again when guide refills. If problem persists please call 888 reference ERR-65535 when calling.

Still getting the SRM 8012 otherwise. "SRM-8012 eRsnItvVideoLostQamOk Subscriber attempted to watch a VOD video, however the converter lost video and audio. Carrier lock, however, is still available."
I'm on the lookout for more boxes to test and also interested in how UPSTREAM ID could help.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:I have good OOB.
Did a full firmware restore and now my IPPV status changed
IPPV: UNSENT

Not sure how reflashing took it from ERROR to UNSENT, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Tried playing around with different UIDs/upm, ones that give me IP and ONdemand menu, with certain combo I got the following when placing an order,
Request failed. Please unplug power on cable box for 1 min. Order again when guide refills. If problem persists please call 888 reference ERR-65535 when calling.

Still getting the SRM 8012 otherwise. "SRM-8012 eRsnItvVideoLostQamOk Subscriber attempted to watch a VOD video, however the converter lost video and audio. Carrier lock, however, is still available."
I'm on the lookout for more boxes to test and also interested in how UPSTREAM ID could help.
Unsent is OK, It just needs to Get the IP , ERROR you Get is the COAX line is Not connected So thats Normal. UNCONFIG is Not Normal with or Without the COAX Connected.
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

Interesting thing...I let the box sit in the stream overnight. When I checked this morning IPPV went from UNSENT to DISABLED :mad:
IPPV: Disabled

My question is, anyone know what causes IPPV to disable? Is it bad desubbed data in the XC? or do you think cc polled this rogue UID on their node and sent a DISABLE signal?

Tonight I will reflash good NVRAM backup and see if I can get the state back to UNSENT

Thanks in advance.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:Interesting thing...I let the box sit in the stream overnight. When I checked this morning IPPV went from UNSENT to DISABLED :mad:
IPPV: Disabled

My question is, anyone know what causes IPPV to disable? Is it bad desubbed data in the XC? or do you think cc polled this rogue UID on their node and sent a DISABLE signal?

Tonight I will reflash good NVRAM backup and see if I can get the state back to UNSENT

Thanks in advance.
By Flashing Box it will Not change to Disabled. Therefore the PPV is Disabled in the XC Chip and Nothing you Can do about it. Maybe you Should Look in the Links to the Left of your Screen. You would have Found Info that Would have Cleared that Up Without asking.

Point in Case

http://www.usbjtag.com/dct2000/index.php

Read the Entire thing.

Stpes to enter diagnostic menu
You need a local nvram and firmware from your area to clone to the box.
If the box is not from your area or cable co, then all you will get is analogue and any free digital channels.
If the box is from your area, then you will get any analogue, digital channels that the box was previously subbed too.
Also, if the box is from your area and only disconnected it can be turned back on using the "connect the box" feature of the bdm sofware.
The xc chip controls channel auth, so if the box was from your local area and if it had premium channels before, only then will you get them again. The xc chip controls ppv as well and if it's disabled then you can't turn it on.

This is a Copy & Paste
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

Thanks Tundra, I needed that, what a gold mine! I feel dumb for having been here this long and not thoroughly browsing the site. I should have stumbled on this on my own a long time ago :cool:
Thanks again
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:Thanks Tundra, I needed that, what a gold mine! I feel dumb for having been here this long and not thoroughly browsing the site. I should have stumbled on this on my own a long time ago :cool:
Thanks again
Not My Intention that you Feel that Way. However By Browsing the entire Site you will Come accros Some Very Usefull Info. And will Become Familiar with Where Everything is Located in The Site. Sorry If I sounded to Harsh. ;)

( Not intended for you illusivenick )

I just want to Make a Point That 98% of the Questions people Ask , The Information Is Posted Here and The Questions Have Been Answered Pleanty Of Times. And if They Only took the Time to Become Familiar with the Site, It would greatly cut down The Need to Ask the same Questions And This will allow Master USBBDM to Have more time to work on Pending Projects.

From the newbie point Of View I understand What it feels like to buy the tool and Not have a step by step Tutorial, Been there done That. But by Reading, Testing and YES Screwing UP, I learned More Than Any Tutorial Could Ever Teach Me.