UID question with VOD

PPV issues.
justsomeguy

UID question with VOD

Post by justsomeguy »

hey guys....another dumbass question ..man i should change my nice to dumbass !!! lol...anyways....last night i programmed up a dct2224 ph6..now when i programmed it i changed my UID in the interface (which of course did not take since you have to do it with the remote)...but i blocked the updates and all that jazz...but when i plugged it into the feed i got all my channels and everything worked great..even had the movie channels and VOD...now this morning with i changed the UID with the remote i seemed to have lost VOD...i didn't think that the cc here required valid UID's to get VOD..i thought as long as it was sub'd to before it should have been good..maybe i just lucked out and got a fake valid UID with another dct2224 that i programmed before..

now my question is what were to happen if i just keep the original UID that came with the box on there and just have all the other stuff blocked? will the cc still be able to shut down the box? i read before that with the new interface of the usbjtag that the block deauth to xc chip wasn't working? just wondering if it is now or not? cause last night when the UID was the original one i had the channels and wasn't loosing anything..but i also didn't have it plugged in for very long...just checked what channels i had then unplugged until this morning when i changed the UID with remote feature..has anyone tried to just block everything but keep the original UID in the box...what happens?? am i right in thinking that it will eventually loose everything? i was pretty excited last night to see that i found my 2nd box with VOD !!! lol

well thanks for taking the time to answer yet another dumbass question by

Justsomeguy !!!!

cheers everyone.....
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

no ideas anyone??? i would try to put the original UID back in to see if the VOD come up but i really don't wanna loose the programming on this box cause it actually has HBO and a bunch of premium channels that i don't wanna risk loosing....so just wondering cause with the updates blocked, and everything in the option box checked to block can i still use that original UID?? or will it get through and hit the xc chip if i put the original back on? guess if that's the case i just gotta keep trying to fake different UID's until i hit a valid one so i can get the VOD working on the box??? any other way then that anyone know of?? someone said to change a certain line in the nvram off the top of my head i'm not sure what they said to change...something like near the end of the nvram change 01 01 to 03 01 or something like that...would rather not do that though just in case..but will that give a person VOD ??? also by changing those numbers can a person get VOD even if it wasn't subbed to??

thanks everyone,

justsomeguy
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:no ideas anyone??? i would try to put the original UID back in to see if the VOD come up but i really don't wanna loose the programming on this box cause it actually has HBO and a bunch of premium channels that i don't wanna risk loosing....so just wondering cause with the updates blocked, and everything in the option box checked to block can i still use that original UID?? or will it get through and hit the xc chip if i put the original back on? guess if that's the case i just gotta keep trying to fake different UID's until i hit a valid one so i can get the VOD working on the box??? any other way then that anyone know of?? someone said to change a certain line in the nvram off the top of my head i'm not sure what they said to change...something like near the end of the nvram change 01 01 to 03 01 or something like that...would rather not do that though just in case..but will that give a person VOD ??? also by changing those numbers can a person get VOD even if it wasn't subbed to??

thanks everyone,

justsomeguy
If you have 2 boxes Switch the UID and UPM's around. Or find a Valid UID and UPM and you will get the VOD's.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:If you have 2 boxes Swith the UID and UPM's around. Or find a Valid UID and UPM and you will get the VOD's.
can a person have the same uid and upm's on 2 different boxs in the same house running at the same time?? if so i think i can make this work !!! both are 2224's as well..just different ph's....but that shouldn't matter should it ?

thanks for the quick response buddy !!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:can a person have the same uid and upm's on 2 different boxs in the same house running at the same time?? if so i think i can make this work !!! both are 2224's as well..just different ph's....but that shouldn't matter should it ?

thanks for the quick response buddy !!!!
DUDE What part of switch you didn't get? Take info from one write to the other. then write the info form the other to the first one. they will both have different UID's and UPM's Just switch around. One box will be using the info from the other Box. Get IT?????????
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

TUNDRA wrote:DUDE What part of switch you didn't get? Take info from one write to the other. then write the info form the other to the first one. they will both have different UID's and UPM's Just switch around. One box will be using the info from the other Box. Get IT?????????
i got a lil bit lost here LOL Take info from one write to the other. then write the info form the other to the first one. and then what
but i think he get it f**ing complicated man
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:DUDE What part of switch you didn't get? Take info from one write to the other. then write the info form the other to the first one. they will both have different UID's and UPM's Just switch around. One box will be using the info from the other Box. Get IT?????????
DUDE.......i realize what you were saying !!!! but the other box i have running has VOD on it already and want to keep it on there ! but i also want the other box to get the VOD !!! which is why i asked if both boxs can use the same #'s !!!!

thanks ~
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:DUDE.......i realize what you were saying !!!! but the other box i have running has VOD on it already and want to keep it on there ! but i also want the other box to get the VOD !!! which is why i asked if both boxs can use the same #'s !!!!

thanks ~
Only Way To Know is to TRY IT. Then post back your results.
After All Thats why its called TESTING. ;)

Besides The box with VOD won't suffer any damage. If you lose the VOD's on it you Just write Back the UID and UPM it had Before and they will come Back. SO I don't see what your so AFRAID OF. ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

felipeferras wrote:i got a lil bit lost here LOL Take info from one write to the other. then write the info form the other to the first one. and then what
but i think he get it f**ing complicated man
Well My friend for you I can Explaing in Spanish. :D
moddog

Post by moddog »

TUNDRA wrote:Well My friend for you I can Explaing in Spanish. :D
Dont let tundra get upset:D:DAnimals that live in the tundra have special adaptations that allow them to survive the
extreme temperatures and conditions that are present in a tundra. A good example
of an animal with special adaptations is the Arctic Fox. The Arctic Fox has short ears
and a short, round body with a thick coat to minimize the amount of skin exposed to
the frigid air. There is a low amount of biodiversity in the tundra so fluctuations in
one animal population will effect populations in another. An example of this would be
that if in a certain year there is a lower amount of Lemmings than usual, then the
population of Snowy Owls, who feed mostly on Lemmings, will also decrease.
Good better best
cherrymachine

-vod

Post by cherrymachine »

If you have a box with premiums, I would change uid, set dont upgrade and leave it alone. to get vod you have to have it online which will update. if it updates it "may" delete your premiums.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:If you have a box with premiums, I would change uid, set dont upgrade and leave it alone. to get vod you have to have it online which will update. if it updates it "may" delete your premiums.
Will Not. When Boxes Need an Update of firmware I let it take it then I change the UID's Never Lost a Single channel or Feature. ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:Dont let tundra get upset:D:DAnimals that live in the tundra have special adaptations that allow them to survive the
extreme temperatures and conditions that are present in a tundra. A good example
of an animal with special adaptations is the Arctic Fox. The Arctic Fox has short ears
and a short, round body with a thick coat to minimize the amount of skin exposed to
the frigid air. There is a low amount of biodiversity in the tundra so fluctuations in
one animal population will effect populations in another. An example of this would be
that if in a certain year there is a lower amount of Lemmings than usual, then the
population of Snowy Owls, who feed mostly on Lemmings, will also decrease.
Your looking like a CopyCat. :D
wickedcid

question

Post by wickedcid »

TUNDRA wrote:If you have 2 boxes Swith the UID and UPM's around. Or find a Valid UID and UPM and you will get the VOD's.
If you are using a valid uid and upm what stops it from getting billed,or i guess my question would be how do i make sure i don't get billed testing something on a old box i own with my valid upm and uid from the one i rent. I have been away working but now wanting to start testing again but have a lt of understanding on how it all works. Thanks in advance

Cid
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wickedcid wrote:If you are using a valid uid and upm what stops it from getting billed,or i guess my question would be how do i make sure i don't get billed testing something on a old box i own with my valid upm and uid from the one i rent. I have been away working but now wanting to start testing again but have a lt of understanding on how it all works. Thanks in advance

Cid
Someone will get the Bill But Not ME. :D The Valid UID's came from someone Inside. So I don't know Who will get the Bill. :D