upm and uid changer with your remote control

PPV issues.
junctionbox

Post by junctionbox »

hi all theres a big problem on the horizon whereas you have to change your uid and upm daily in order to test ondemand which will become a hassle to all of us do agree . afew years back usbm and my self decided to make upm accessible to test ondemand and on some systems it worked fine and on others the system was to old.some years ago usbdm was working on a program whereas you could use your remote control to change the uid on your unit some how he got swamped with work and that idea was placed on the back burner. team mates just think how easy it would be if we could change the upm and uid with your remote control and test ondemand and in some cases ppv.cc is pinging units every day and shutting down ondemand and ppv then we have to take the time out opening up the test unit and changing the infomation whereas if usbdm will make the remote control active whereas we could use our remote control to change the upm and uid we can test ondemand and ppv with out any hassles.team mates i wish all of you will sign on to this wonderful and great idea so we may test with ondemand ppv without any hassles thanks to all
junctionbox
universall

Post by universall »

this sounds GREAT! it would make testing much easier and would cut testing time in half.
elkora

Post by elkora »

I agree my dear friend junctionbox I hope usbbdm can make this happen.

lets keep testing!
ufo

Post by ufo »

Yes that would be a nice tool. I use to use remote to change many things on the DTV cards back in the day. Wish more dissassembly info were made availale here regarding the Moto Chip. Meanwhile try the old analog VCRs. Here they work fine.
junctionbox

dont have access to active uid

Post by junctionbox »

everyone doesnt have access to active uid numbers to insert in the fake uid colume a lot of us have to use random numbers to insert random numbers get killed within 24 hours then you have to go thru disassemble the unit and reinsert a new uid number to test video or ppv ondemand it would be alot easy if we could use our remote control to insert random uid numbers and continual to test ppv and ondemand . this will be something new and exciting for this site it will show advancement .fta when it was up and running you could use the remote control to insert the keys each time it failed.
junctionbox
elkora

Post by elkora »

yes FTA have the options to manually change keys with the remote. usbbdm have to update new block application for this firm or came with a new game plan.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Let me finish UJmodem porting and see if I can work on this next.
junctionbox

good idea

Post by junctionbox »

three cheers hip haree hip hip haree good this will do the site good and make things easier to test ppv and vod
junctionbox
mike2233

great news

Post by mike2233 »

This will help lots thanks a million USBDM
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:Let me finish UJmodem porting and see if I can work on this next.
That would be a most precious tool. The recent problem junctionbox has reported I have seen and it is spreading to the point where I had to decide to live without VOD or stop testing all together.

I had already realized to keep from getting hit everytime a VOD or PPV was ordered a simple script would be needed that wrote a new UID at will by way of a remote command right after each order. Writing such a script would be easy for usbbdm to do and the benifits will be so enormous I will make another donation in great apprecition.

The CC will of course counter back with another firware update to defeat this at some point. That's why they stopped the VOD & PPV abuse in the first place. But that's how this cat and mouse game goes.

If you don't mind usbbdm, PM me the Remote Control UID / UPM Write Script disassmbled and where its placed.
Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This is not as easy as it looks. You need to disassemble the firmware and patch the firmware. It is VERY difficult. If you can do it you would not even ask how it was done. Give me time to finish the UJmodem porting.
newport007

I would like to be able change my upm & uid

Post by newport007 »

I would really like it if we were able to change are upm & uid with are remote.
marieloszelaya

Post by marieloszelaya »

newport007 wrote:I would really like it if we were able to change are upm & uid with are remote.
good news yes yes yes junction box my friend im erick...
UserName

Post by UserName »

will not help you....to change any of that.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:This is not as easy as it looks. You need to disassemble the firmware and patch the firmware. It is VERY difficult. If you can do it you would not even ask how it was done. Give me time to finish the UJmodem porting.
My bad sir. Did not mean to be offensive in any way. Have too much respect for you to do that. I apologize. Too much is revealed here as it is. I'll try not to post or use PM.

Respect
UserName wrote:will not help you....to change any of that.
I sort of believe you but worth testing.