Clear the PPV's

PPV issues.
jamia744

Clear the PPV's

Post by jamia744 »

i used the USBDM_NT to flash a box, but the problem is i couldnt get to clear the PPV's, what am i missing in here?
i use to clear them using the old USBDM and never had a problem.
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

Try:

reset 1
init
getram nvram
(select clear ppv above)
jtagtester

Post by jtagtester »

Jamia744. Can you confirm if the method that Sphinx mentioned was effective in the removal of PPV's?
jamia744

Ppv

Post by jamia744 »

no it didnt, i dont i think we are missing a command or a file .
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sphinx wrote:Try:

reset 1
init
getram nvram
(select clear ppv above)
You need one more command "setram nvram"
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

There is no way to clear the limit of PPV orders from the XC Chip.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

I don't really know anything about this as i'm greener then a newbie when it comes to these boxes, but i have lots of experience testing sat boxes. but could you not just rewrite previous saved information to the unit and it would wipe the ppv's ? or is it because the xc chip cannot even be accesed and therefor cannot be either read or written to? now does anyone know if this chip can be replaced with some other chip at all ? so as of now once you've hit the ppv limit your shit outa luck then is this how it currently works? and how many ppv's do you get before you hit the limit? i thought i read somewhere here that you could wipe all but the last ppv once you hit the limit??

sorry for such novice questions and comments but like i said i'm very very green when it comes to these boxes..

Justsomeguy
GideonOmega

Post by GideonOmega »

justsomeguy wrote:I don't really know anything about this as i'm greener then a newbie when it comes to these boxes, but i have lots of experience testing sat boxes. but could you not just rewrite previous saved information to the unit and it would wipe the ppv's ? or is it because the xc chip cannot even be accesed and therefor cannot be either read or written to? now does anyone know if this chip can be replaced with some other chip at all ? so as of now once you've hit the ppv limit your shit outa luck then is this how it currently works? and how many ppv's do you get before you hit the limit? i thought i read somewhere here that you could wipe all but the last ppv once you hit the limit??

sorry for such novice questions and comments but like i said i'm very very green when it comes to these boxes..

Justsomeguy

think of the xc as a stream locked 102 -- it has a battery backed up ram which I believe holds the units seed keys -- so if you want to pull the chip you need to maintain power at all times or you loose your keys anyways.

one of these days I'm going to buy a cheap dremel and see if I can cut into the chip on a dead unit, although with my skill level I'm much more likely to destroy it in the process lol
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

thanks omega..nice to see a familiar name around here...i've got the same nick on BRT but was different on 10X....anyways thanks for the info...sorry to get off topic here everyone..

justsomeguy
GideonOmega

Post by GideonOmega »

justsomeguy wrote:thanks omega..nice to see a familiar name around here...i've got the same nick on BRT but was different on 10X....anyways thanks for the info...sorry to get off topic here everyone..

justsomeguy

I have noticed a few familiar faces lurking around here :) this stuff certainly is an interesting avenue of research.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

GideonOmega wrote:think of the xc as a stream locked 102 -- it has a battery backed up ram which I believe holds the units seed keys -- so if you want to pull the chip you need to maintain power at all times or you loose your keys anyways.

one of these days I'm going to buy a cheap dremel and see if I can cut into the chip on a dead unit, although with my skill level I'm much more likely to destroy it in the process lol
I read 63 limit.... just from memory:confused: I think
Mmmmm... Just buy junk boxes and change lables change uid - pick up fresh box - change lable - pick up fresh..............

Get the idea:confused::confused:
boarder1042

Post by boarder1042 »

GideonOmega wrote:think of the xc as a stream locked 102 -- it has a battery backed up ram which I believe holds the units seed keys -- so if you want to pull the chip you need to maintain power at all times or you loose your keys anyways.

I have noticed the dct700 has a lithium ion battery. Im guessing its the same as the first zelda game on nintendo that could actually save your progress.

My guess would be, desolder the battery for a second or two and everything would get wiped.

Otherwise, clear the ppv (make sure you have the .def) and setram nvram. Works for the usbjtag anyways.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

the battery one mine isn't even sodered on...just a ugly ol glob of hot glue but other then that it's pretty much just looks like a spring clip holding it in....

Justsomeguy
GideonOmega

Post by GideonOmega »

I'm sure if you remove the battery your ppv will get wiped -- but so will your seed keys then your reciever won't work anymore.
trasistor

borrar ppvs

Post by trasistor »

pues si compañero si quitas la pila se acabo,te pone descodificador desconectado por...(operadora de cable) a mi me ha pasasdo.