Clone NVRAM

NVRAM related issues.
sflynner26

Clone NVRAM

Post by sflynner26 »

I have 2 boxes a dct2224 and dct2244 the dct2244 type 2 has a good nvram and i want to put it on the dct2224 type 1 ive tried using nvtool and copying channels and the button that says used to copy between different models and nothing is working any help would be awesome

thank you
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

you don't have to clone or copy any channels just load the whole Nvram and check the result
by the way the nvtool is just a soft tool that copy the channels from Nvram to Nvram but will never open a channel that is not auth by the XC
there you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

I tried that and it doesnt work i read something about different tuners and i think that's my problem and was wondering if the is a way to swap tuner info. one tuner is V860D and the other is V860DF when i have V860D installed on the 2224 i get nothing and when i have V860DF installed on it i get the 6 or 7 channels that come though the line even if your not paying for cable
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sflynner26 wrote:I have 2 boxes a dct2224 and dct2244 the dct2244 type 2 has a good nvram and i want to put it on the dct2224 type 1 ive tried using nvtool and copying channels and the button that says used to copy between different models and nothing is working any help would be awesome

thank you
your best bet is to ask in the request forum for a nvram in your area, or find a friend or someone that you can copy theirs and put it in yours...check the model and ph and ensure it is the same
live your life like a beer commericial
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

I did that already not many people testing in ontario canada if any and a quick off topic question i hear a lot about changing uid but nobody tells you how just wondering how and how to find it
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sflynner26 wrote:I did that already not many people testing in ontario canada if any and a quick off topic question i hear a lot about changing uid but nobody tells you how just wondering how and how to find it
it's very simple to do..and even easier to find! just do a search and do some READING...you will find all the answers you need..you are right that there are not alot of people in canada testing..BUT also remember that shouldn't stop you! the creator of the tools is in canada! when i started there were no other canadians either but that never stopped me from learning...

take some time and get to know the site, and practice using the SEARCH function!
live your life like a beer commericial
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

ok so ive done some reading and found uid but the only option is to change by remote but i cant find where to change it with the remote and cant find anything about it can you please tell me how to change it with remote im so close to giving up
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

NM found it
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:ok so ive done some reading and found uid but the only option is to change by remote but i cant find where to change it with the remote and cant find anything about it can you please tell me how to change it with remote im so close to giving up
You have to go into the Hidden Menu. There last Option will be change UID/UPM.

Don't Know How to get to Hidden Menu?????????????? Look It Up........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

yes i do my problem was i had the coaxial hooked in when i did it and it got wiped everytime thank you
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

does nvram have to be updated because i cant get this to work but i know the nvram is older than a year i can get a few channels but 95% of i get S0900 where it says channel will be available shortly and with the 2244 box it updates the channel when i selected the option to block that and it wipes a bunch of channels like mtv that used to get
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:yes i do my problem was i had the coaxial hooked in when i did it and it got wiped everytime thank you
Not sure what your tqlking about??????????? I change UID/UPM all the time without ever disconnecting the Coax Wire to TEST VOD'S.........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:does nvram have to be updated because i cant get this to work but i know the nvram is older than a year i can get a few channels but 95% of i get S0900 where it says channel will be available shortly and with the 2244 box it updates the channel when i selected the option to block that and it wipes a bunch of channels like mtv that used to get
YES, You should be useing the Most Up to Date Firmware............:rolleyes:
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

I think I was programming it wrong that's why the changer wasn't popping up but like 2 days ago I had MTV and some other channels working now whenever I restore it to get those channels back they'll work until I either change channel or turn off the box and turn it back on that would be because of the nvram because it updated my firmware to 8.17 which I think is the latest
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:I think I was programming it wrong that's why the changer wasn't popping up but like 2 days ago I had MTV and some other channels working now whenever I restore it to get those channels back they'll work until I either change channel or turn off the box and turn it back on that would be because of the nvram because it updated my firmware to 8.17 which I think is the latest
LMFAO, Forgive me, but WHAT A RETARDED THOUGHT.......... NO Firmware updating will not remove the channel............

Why DON'T you Follow what your told? Or READ DUDE, All you need to Know is HERE and has been talked about with all the 1000's of SPOONFEEDERS/FREELOADERS that came before YOU.......................

Put Box back to Original Unmoded condition and LET THE FUCKING THING TAKE AN UPDATE.............THEN MAKE NEW BACKUP AND START PLAYING....:rolleyes: