Channels not authorized

NVRAM related issues.
smokedogg

Channels not authorized

Post by smokedogg »

I just got my USB bdm did some reading and was able to read my code and nvram now I did the test firmware but cannot get anything besides about 20 channels. This box was from my city but I can only receive the same channels that I get if I plug the coax directly to my tv. No guide or info. Any help is appreciated thanks.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

smokedogg wrote:I just got my USB bdm did some reading and was able to read my code and nvram now I did the test firmware but cannot get anything besides about 20 channels. This box was from my city but I can only receive the same channels that I get if I plug the coax directly to my tv. No guide or info. Any help is appreciated thanks.
can you get to the occult menu? do some reading and look up FIRMWARE UPDATE. see what you have and see whats current. that's step 1. also if the box was deauthorize then you won't be able to get those channels back.
live your life like a beer commericial
smokedogg

Post by smokedogg »

Is that the menu where you press select after power , I think I have version 8.17 or something like that. What should I have?
partsman07

:)

Post by partsman07 »

Load a full bin with nvram then cut the talk back It rewrits not authorized sections :)
smokedogg

Post by smokedogg »

Thanks. Do I need someones working bin from my area? Talkbacks is block updates correct.
smokedogg

Post by smokedogg »

my firmware is 7.71 if that matters
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

smokedogg wrote:Thanks. Do I need someones working bin from my area? Talkbacks is block updates correct.
If you DO NOT have a backup from that box (i am assuming you got it locally because i am assuming that you are currently using it in your house) then YES you require a local backup...but you should already have a backup from this box if you programmed it before. like i already said you might not be able to get any more channels then what you currently have! many people make the mistake of putting the box in the stream to "see what they get" without blocking the caco from hitting the box..

if you require a local backup please check out the "nvram request forum" put in your request with the appropiate details and wait and see if someone has one for you...did you take the firmware update like i already sugested ???

i love when you recommend things to people then they ask the same question basically and don't answer if they have tried what you recommend...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

smokedogg wrote:my firmware is 7.71 if that matters
For most of USA I believe ti should be 8.16
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
smokedogg

Post by smokedogg »

How do I get the box to update to 8.16? I tried looking it up but couldnt find the update with a working link. I loaded the test firmware and unchecked updates only.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

smokedogg wrote:How do I get the box to update to 8.16? I tried looking it up but couldnt find the update with a working link. I loaded the test firmware and unchecked updates only.
YOU LOADED TEST FIRMWARE???

SIGHHHHHH

so you did a whole 5-10 mins of searching which you would read maybe 6 threads? man you really investigated this subject didn't ya~~

here let me spoonfeed you, put your normal backup on it, leave block updates unchecked, hook it all up, turn box on and watch the occult menu under the apps section (sorry i don't know what number off the top of my head) there you can watch the box do it's countdown and watch each app update, after which the box will reset, after it resets reprogram box and block it up...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

smokedogg wrote:How do I get the box to update to 8.16? I tried looking it up but couldnt find the update with a working link. I loaded the test firmware and unchecked updates only.
First, You should have made an Original back up before testing, If you did not, then, YOU FUKED UP. Thats what Happens when People Don't Read.
Second, You can Find all the Info by Using the SEARCH TAB, Too find Related Threads.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."