What am I missing ? Getram / saveram / save nvram

NVRAM related issues.
account.default

What am I missing ? Getram / saveram / save nvram [RESOLVED]

Post by account.default »

[RESOLVED]

Hey again,

I have a set of 2224's ph8 that am am trying to save nvram but the file is always blank or currupt ??? (Using usbbdm application)

I saved a 2500 dct nvram OK and channel map can be viewed in nvtool (Using usbjtag and application, so I know the method works), but, I get no luck with the usbbdm or 2224 boxes... I can not save the nvram to the computer.

I use:

getram 200000 40000
save nvram (file.bin)

this file is "empty" and has no channel map or seemingly no information. IF flashed to a box, the channel displays "0" - Also, if opened in hex editor or nvtool, there is nothing in the file - only 0's.

What am I doing wrong ? Anything ?

THANKS !

[RESOLVED]
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Are you use JTAG on DCT2224? You need BDM on DCT2224.
account.default

[RESOLVED]

No, Im not using the jtag on the 2224 only the 2500...

The problem is that, the BDM cable/application (2224's) give me a blank (seemingly) file when trying the save the nvram. If opened with hex editor there is only 0's. - I guess the setup is correct because I "can write" firmware "to" the box, and flash the nvram.

I have tried 3 dcts, same problem on all 3.

Any ideas ?

[RESOLVED]
krunkcraig

Post by krunkcraig »

Try Flipping the way you connect the cable into the box, i remember that happening to mine too. If the cable is flipped the wrong direction then when you flash firmware all you get is black screen.....
account.default

[RESOLVED]

hey krunkcraig,

There is a small dot (circle) on the bottom left of the bdm pinout on the dct board - this is PIN1 correct ? It is pin1 according to the pictures on usbjtag...

Anyways, I have not tried again but the original problem is that "I 'CAN' write firmware OK 'TO' the box, it works to WRITE, but I can not "SAVE FROM" the dct... it is blank"

I don't understand...

Thanks...

[RESOLVED]
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If it is not marked pin 1, A dot means pin 1(PH8 I think).
Try to find any video from this site for DCT 2224 box. Basically your RPC should be about 00004xx if you use reset 1. If you do not see this value, there is a problem and do not continue.

If you use PH6,CR4 and non PH board, make sure C105 is removed to disable watchdog.
account.default

Thank you USBBDM,

Yes the RPC is 00004xx and everything is working great now.

1 dct is bad, when "reset 1" it clicks and comes back to cable, like a "reset" command.... Not sure why....

But now the getram nvram works. I am not sure why it didn't before.

Thank you !

[RESOLVED]