firmware no supported

Firmware related issues.
Mentronyc

firmware no supported

Post by Mentronyc »

I was doing some testing on a dct2224 ph6 box and when I get all the way to "firmware test" to finish and close the box, I get a msg saying (firmware not supported). Im using software 0.53.
The box goes thru every step with no problem at all, but at the end I get (firmware not supported) What can I do now to fix this problem?
cherrymachine

ph6

Post by cherrymachine »

on a ph6 when you read the code, go to flip firmware, then try to do test, before you write back to box you have to flip it back..Also on a 6 you have to remove cap 105. Same goes for a CR 4
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Mentronyc wrote:I was doing some testing on a dct2224 ph6 box and when I get all the way to "firmware test" to finish and close the box, I get a msg saying (firmware not supported). Im using software 0.53.
The box goes thru every step with no problem at all, but at the end I get (firmware not supported) What can I do now to fix this problem?
Which platform version do you use? Also check the dll version under about button. If newer version of firmware needs supported, just email me the platform and I can add them to the dll.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Mentronyc wrote:I was doing some testing on a dct2224 ph6 box and when I get all the way to "firmware test" to finish and close the box, I get a msg saying (firmware not supported). Im using software 0.53.
As Cherrymachine Say, You may Need to Flip the Firmware and also If you did not remove the C105 CAP then the BackUp you made is NO GOOD and therefore It may also be the Problem. If you Need to Filp Firmware then the Firmware Is OLD as The New Firmware No Longer Needs to Be FLIPPED. You may want to Let Box take a Firmware Update Before testing If the Box Needs It.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Mentronyc

Post by Mentronyc »

Thank you guys for the help. Im pretty new at this but I have a friend helping that knows more than me and we are both stuck. He thinks we might need new dll's since there was a changes like 5 or 6 days ago in our area.

The platform is 816
using software 0.53 and the dll's version is 0.33

And yes, we cut the c105. my friend also told me not to flip the firmware cause it will mess up the box.
Mentronyc

Post by Mentronyc »

Mentronyc wrote:Thank you guys for the help. Im pretty new at this but I have a friend helping that knows more than me and we are both stuck. He thinks we might need new dll's since there was a changes like 5 or 6 days ago in our area.

The platform is 816
using software 0.53 and the dll's version is 0.33

And yes, we cut the c105. my friend also told me not to flip the firmware cause it will mess up the box.

By the way, the box is working fine, the only thing we havent been able to do is close it at the end. When we get to firmware test, we get the msg.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Mentronyc wrote:By the way, the box is working fine, the only thing we havent been able to do is close it at the end. When we get to firmware test, we get the msg.
8.16 Is already Suported. So Clearly you guys are doing somthing wrong and Fliping firmware won't mess up anything Unless you sreew it up yourself.

Maybe you can be helped thru TeamView so you can see How its done.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Mentronyc

Post by Mentronyc »

Thanks for the help, but whats teamview, where do I find it?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Mentronyc wrote:Thanks for the help, but whats teamview, where do I find it?
Google TeamView and you will find it.

Its a Program for remote PC Help.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Mentronyc wrote:Thanks for the help, but whats teamview, where do I find it?
TeamViewer connects to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. Its free install it and tundra will help you remotely. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
Good better best
Mentronyc

Post by Mentronyc »

Ok guys thank you for your help. I was able to fix the problem. The problem was the nvram they gave me was modified so it wouldnt let me close the box. I got another nvram and everything was good.

Thanks again