Stumped by the Ver 8.16 & 3.47 Updates

Firmware related issues.
ufo

Stumped by the Ver 8.16 & 3.46 Updates

Post by ufo »

To the point..

Ver 8.16 & 3.46 updates finally came down to nearby area. I had already received it in my area and got all models up and runinng again (minus VOD which I no longer risk using).

I used the same process in my area to get the nearby area back up and running. Boxes in both areas were always interchangeable. So I took the boxes from the other area to mine and got them all running again fine. However when put online back at the other area all boxes gave the ONE MONENT PLEASE message.

If figured maybe my area and the nearby area were no long compatible under this new firmware upgrade. I figure no problem. So I put the original backups back on each box to let them download the updates in their own area.

Should have worked as it always has in the past but I got firware download errors on every box and model (ie., 2500 and 2220).

Note: All boxes are no longer active accts exceted one. So I put it back to it's original state and it even error out on the firmware download. So I called in tech support. They had me go into the daignostic menu and had me give them the IP address. They sent somthing and the firmware, guide and VOD downloads finally completed. Of course the box converted back to its subscribed basic package lossing the premiuns.

I hope my explanation is clear and somone can explain whats going on and has a possible fix. Putting the original backup on has always allowed updates to run. I never seen this before. PM me if you prefer.

PS- I'm using jtagNT ver 0.40d

Thanks guys
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ufo wrote:To the point..

Ver 8.16 & 3.47 updates finally came down to nearby area. I had already received it in my area and got all models up and runinng again (minus VOD which I no longer risk using).

I used the same process in my area to get the nearby area back up and running. Boxes in both areas were always interchangeable. So I took the boxes from the other area to mine and got them all running again fine. However when put online back at the other area all boxes gave the ONE MONENT PLEASE message.

If figured maybe my area and the nearby area were no long compatible under this new firmware upgrade. I figure no problem. So I put the original backups back on each box to let them download the updates in their own area.

Should have worked as it always has in the past but I got firware download errors on every box and model (ie., 2500 and 2220).

Note: All boxes are no longer active accts exceted one. So I put it back to it's original state and it even error out on the firmware download. So I called in tech support. They had me go into the daignostic menu and had me give them the IP address. They sent somthing and the firmware, guide and VOD downloads finally completed. Of course the box converted back to its subscribed basic package lossing the premiuns.

I hope my explanation is clear and somone can explain whats going on and has a possible fix. Putting the original backup on has always allowed updates to run. I never seen this before. PM me if you prefer.

PS- I'm using jtagNT ver 0.40d

Thanks guys
For DCT2224 if you had the SPI capture of auth command you might be able to put back the original auth state. Otherwise you need to call them to get the channels back.
junctionbox

nvram

Post by junctionbox »

try getting nvram from the other system it sound like its been a frequency change goto other system tune to channel 37 or any channel and see if the frequencies are similar goto dia 7 at the bottom and compair frequencies hope this help
junctionbox
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:For DCT2224 if you had the SPI capture of auth command you might be able to put back the original auth state. Otherwise you need to call them to get the channels back.
Thanks for the reply Master Genius. Just a few more questions:

1- Is the auth command sent only when you first call the CC to activate a newly sub box?

2- Once captured is the auth command the same for each DCT2224 unit?

3- Have you ever captured an auth command?

4- Are you implying my boxes may be de-authorized because of the "One Moment Please" message I get in the nearby area eventhough I still get all channels in my area?

Thanks Again
ufo

Post by ufo »

junctionbox wrote:try getting nvram from the other system it sound like its been a frequency change goto other system tune to channel 37 or any channel and see if the frequencies are similar goto dia 7 at the bottom and compair frequencies hope this help
Thanks junctionbox, will look for a frequency change between the 2 areas. What I can't figure out is why restoring boxes back to their orig nvram & code backup states they all failed the firmware update in the areas they originate from. I suspect the hits they were taking due to the new VOD attacks the CC is now doing may have something to do with it. Or there is something now in the new version update process that checks the uid and if it is not in their system as a valid sub it errors out and stops the update. Even worse after restoring one valid sub box back to its original state also failed to take the update and I had to call it in and give the IP and only then did it take the update but also wiped all the premiums.

Any more ideas out there. I'm fresh out right now.

Thanks All
lexxion1

freq change

Post by lexxion1 »

ufo wrote:Thanks junctionbox, will look for a frequency change between the 2 areas. What I can't figure out is why restoring boxes back to their orig nvram & code backup states they all failed the firmware update in the areas they originate from. I suspect the hits they were taking due to the new VOD attacks the CC is now doing may have something to do with it. Or there is something now in the new version update process that checks the uid and if it is not in their system as a valid sub it errors out and stops the update. Even worse after restoring one valid sub box back to its original state also failed to take the update and I had to call it in and give the IP and only then did it take the update but also wiped all the premiums.

Any more ideas out there. I'm fresh out right now.

Thanks All
we had a change here recently, the freq went from 72.75 to 104.2, if you are using fresh back up from the system it will be corrected allready, if old or b4 the change(keep in mind firm version didnt change, just added info to module 4 -macg . to check go to number 2 on dct diagnogostics , press menu , then manual freq pop up, try changing from its set freq to another , while looking at top corner that shows db level, it will go from poor to good again.

while its fixing the word fix will come up, until it changes, keep in mind some units take several attempts b4 they change over

hope this helps
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ufo wrote:Thanks for the reply Master Genius. Just a few more questions:

1- Is the auth command sent only when you first call the CC to activate a newly sub box?

2- Once captured is the auth command the same for each DCT2224 unit?

3- Have you ever captured an auth command?

4- Are you implying my boxes may be de-authorized because of the "One Moment Please" message I get in the nearby area eventhough I still get all channels in my area?

Thanks Again
1 = Any time you call to upgrade ort downgrade.
2 = LOL Why you think all boxes have there own UID??????? Its not just for there recod Keeping. LOL.
3 = YES He has and has confirmed it to Work when played Back. Years Ago.
4 = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."