New problem

Firmware related issues.
santino

New problem

Post by santino »

I recently have had a problem with some dct 2224/2244. I get one thats has open ch. I then change the UID. I plug in the box everything good then about 10 min later the box clicks turns off and when it comes back on it says one moment please on all ch. My IN signal went to poor, my out signal is good. Is there something wrong with NVRAM that i can fix?
cherrymachine

poor signal

Post by cherrymachine »

did u copy another nvram to it from another box ? u cant mix the nvrams on a 7 8 or 9. They have different tuners in them. Try to copy another nvram from the same type box.
Also if you have premiums on it you dont want it to upgrade. It may take them all off.
santino

Post by santino »

No I did not change NVRAM it has the same it came with. All ch where working good after 5-10 minutes the box clicks and turns off comes back on and then all ch one moment please. Ive seen some boxes turn on and of 2-3 times before the one moment please shows up on all ch. If I reprogram with the backup it will work again for 5-10 min and same thing. I think it could be due to the area and the nvram being from another area.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Try to see if the UID goes back to normal.
santino

Post by santino »

No it stays with the one I put.
santino

Post by santino »

Anybody got any suggestion?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

santino wrote:Anybody got any suggestion?
In firm testing don't Block the channel update to see if that Helps.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cherrymachine

clicks off

Post by cherrymachine »

5 or 10 mins after what ? You unplug and plug back in or after you take jtag off. It sounds likes its upgrading. Look at the apps in the diagnostic page and see if you have all the latest for your area. You may be using an old backup, then when you put it online the guide is upgrading.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:5 or 10 mins after what ? You unplug and plug back in or after you take jtag off. It sounds likes its upgrading. Look at the apps in the diagnostic page and see if you have all the latest for your area. You may be using an old backup, then when you put it online the guide is upgrading.
If it where Updating Firmware Then the UID will Change back to the Original UID and He Stated the UID remaned Fake So does not Coinside with Firmware Update. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cherrymachine

updating

Post by cherrymachine »

UID is in firmware. wouldnt change if tv guide is updating
santino

Post by santino »

The box works fine. The box also has all new updates. It works for about 5-10 min then it reboots and then its all one moment please and I loose my In signal but my out is still good.
cherrymachine

resets

Post by cherrymachine »

i would do an allflash and good nvram and plug it in without the cable line, and if it still resets then it would most likely be a hardware problem. Prob power supply.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:UID is in firmware. wouldnt change if tv guide is updating
As far as I know the Updating of the Guide will not couse the channels to go to the one moment screen.

The guide is constantly updating. Imagine what a PITA it would be if every time it updated you will lose Video, Then No one would sub to Cable. LOL
cherrymachine

update

Post by cherrymachine »

I had this once before but i dont know what i did to fix it. If you only had the the first app (2500)
and no guide and it updated i think the screen would just go blank. In any event sounds like somethng breaking down. Tuner. power to the tuner etc. could be a bad nvram not controlling the agc on the tuner ??? .. do a complete allfirm and nvram and see what happens.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:I had this once before but i dont know what i did to fix it. If you only had the the first app (2500)
and no guide and it updated i think the screen would just go blank. In any event sounds like somethng breaking down. Tuner. power to the tuner etc. could be a bad nvram not controlling the agc on the tuner ??? .. do a complete allfirm and nvram and see what happens.
I agree. Doing a Full Re'Flash to see if that helps. If you have another DCT2224 Same Board Rev that is working with out problems and is from same area, I would read it and clone the Problem box to that Back Up.