New problem

Firmware related issues.
ufo

Post by ufo »

Gentleman

What santino is reporting is factual. I have been trying to solve it for weeks now. This has never happened until firmware versions 8.16 and 3.46. It does as he says on all models PH 7,8, 9 and 2500. Chanels are in for a brief moment. Then you get the "One Moment Please" message on all channels. Diag shows everything is fine at first (i.e.UID still faked and all 3 enables). But I noticed the channel frequency was not correct. Then moments later Zap "One Moment Please". I put the original working backups on again and it takes all 3 updates. I quickly unplug, fake and block again. Moments later, Zap still "one moment Please" again.

I think I know what they are now doing. Have to test my idea when I get the time to see if I am correct.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Do you thik that the channel map got screwed?
With original NVRAM (channel map) it worked for a while and then for some reason it get killed?

To find out read TWO copies of NVRAM and compare the channel data (for spefic channel) to see if it is changed. If it is then the channel map get killed.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ufo wrote:Gentleman

What santino is reporting is factual. I have been trying to solve it for weeks now. This has never happened until firmware versions 8.16 and 3.46. It does as he says on all models PH 7,8, 9 and 2500. Chanels are in for a brief moment. Then you get the "One Moment Please" message on all channels. Diag shows everything is fine at first (i.e.UID still faked and all 3 enables). But I noticed the channel frequency was not correct. Then moments later Zap "One Moment Please". I put the original working backups on again and it takes all 3 updates. I quickly unplug, fake and block again. Moments later, Zap still "one moment Please" again.

I think I know what they are now doing. Have to test my idea when I get the time to see if I am correct.
I know for a fact this is Factual as you say. I have not seen this problem yet , However a close friend of mine has and as far as I know he has found a way to solve the problem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ufo

Post by ufo »

TUNDRA wrote:I know for a fact this is Factual as you say. I have not seen this problem yet , However a close friend of mine has and as far as I know he has found a way to solve the problem.
Thanks TUNDRA
Is this friend on this site? Or better yet can u PM me his solution. I have tried my theory and gotten better results. All channels are back but premiums are blank.
Thanks
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:Do you thik that the channel map got screwed?
With original NVRAM (channel map) it worked for a while and then for some reason it get killed?

To find out read TWO copies of NVRAM and compare the channel data (for spefic channel) to see if it is changed. If it is then the channel map get killed.
Thanks usbbdm

Yes part of the problem is the nvram. The first time in years I have noticed they are using a different nvram in my area from the other area that use to use the same nvram. So yes that would account for things workings for only seconds and then nvram is wiped resulting in the message "One Moment Please".

But here's the BIGGEST problem:
It appears non sub units (even with original backups of last update) are now being rejected by this latest update.

But I will do further testing to reconfirm this and post conclusive results.

All I can say is this latest update is a monster but I love the testing challenge.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ufo wrote:Thanks usbbdm

Yes part of the problem is the nvram. The first time in years I have noticed they are using a different nvram in my area from the other area that use to use the same nvram. So yes that would account for things workings for only seconds and then nvram is wiped resulting in the message "One Moment Please".

But here's the BIGGEST problem:
It appears non sub units (even with original backups of last update) are now being rejected by this latest update.

But I will do further testing to reconfirm this and post conclusive results.

All I can say is this latest update is a monster but I love the testing challenge.
Do you block uplink? If you do not block uplink your UID is report back to CC.
cherrymachine

Must be missing something

Post by cherrymachine »

Unless running VOD why is everybody updating, No need for this especailly if you have premiums on a box. Update one box and transfer the channel map to a box with any version firmware. (older) Is it worth losing your premiums for a tv guide !!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cherrymachine wrote:Unless running VOD why is everybody updating, No need for this especailly if you have premiums on a box. Update one box and transfer the channel map to a box with any version firmware. (older) Is it worth losing your premiums for a tv guide !!
LOL Never lost a Box to an Update. Now if you don't change the UID after the Update ( Witch would be totaly RETARDED ) Then you will lose all channels.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
universall

yes u are rite

Post by universall »

the nvram that use to work before in ur area is no longer working the reason why it works for 5 min is they still have the old software on the system in your area and when they ping the uid and see its not good it wont even let your box update to the new nvram for your area. but if you have a sub unit from next door or down the street, then grab that nvram and your unit will pull the rite update.
santino

Post by santino »

So finally what was the situation with the one moment please syndrome?