Major request

Firmware related issues.
junctionbox

Major request

Post by junctionbox »

Sir this is a major request my system just upgraded their firmware from 08.15 to 08.16 08.15 only been in existence for about 20 days and they went further this time by ungrading dct2200 to 08.16 also they upgraded the dct 2500 from 03.45 to 03.46 why their upgrading so frequently can you answer that. A friend i know said with the 08.15 firm 03.45 firm the new ondemand they have out they were having problems with on some of their units.if possible please design uid firmware for 08.16 thank you
junctionbox
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

junctionbox wrote:Sir this is a major request my system just upgraded their firmware from 08.15 to 08.16 08.15 only been in existence for about 20 days and they went further this time by ungrading dct2200 to 08.16 also they upgraded the dct 2500 from 03.45 to 03.46 why their upgrading so frequently can you answer that. A friend i know said with the 08.15 firm 03.45 firm the new ondemand they have out they were having problems with on some of their units.if possible please design uid firmware for 08.16 thank you
Youdo Know you can just Dump the Plat ,Change the UID in the Plat Dump And then re-write the Plat.
If fact basicaly thats all the USBJTAG Program does allong with the other changes. Only thing is USBJTAG makes it so easy a 5 year old can do it. :D All you need to do is compare an original plat dump with a MODDED one and you will find where the changes have been Made. ;-)
junctionbox

Tundra

Post by junctionbox »

Tundra ,tundra ,tundra world wide tundra LOL
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/download ... file&id=69
0.30 dll.
Old USB BDM please download latest USB JTAG NT software and select DCT2224 target. Your old USB BDM will use new USB JTAG NT software. So only one dll will be provided.
ufo

Post by ufo »

TUNDRA wrote:Youdo Know you can just Dump the Plat ,Change the UID in the Plat Dump And then re-write the Plat.
If fact basicaly thats all the USBJTAG Program does allong with the other changes. Only thing is USBJTAG makes it so easy a 5 year old can do it. :D All you need to do is compare an original plat dump with a MODDED one and you will find where the changes have been Made. ;-)
TUNDRA,
Now this is the kind of "do-it-yourself" testing I love! Is their a tool available to dump and compare the plat?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ufo wrote:TUNDRA,
Now this is the kind of "do-it-yourself" testing I love! Is their a tool available to dump and compare the plat?
Tool you have, The USBJTAG NT or the USBBDM NT ,Depending on your target.
For comparison of the bins I like to use Ultra Compare. I don't know if theres other programs that allow for two bins to be opend for comparison..
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ufo

Post by ufo »

Thanks TUNDRA
I just got Ultra Compare. Never know such a tool existed. This will be a fun challenge. I suspect making any changes in the plat will also require calulating checksums. This will be fun learning & testing.
Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you guys think binary compare needs to be in the NT software just tell me what do you imagine it to work. How to present to the user?
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

You can't make a fake uid with a hex editor. It's more complicated than that.