Firmware Updating

Firmware related issues.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Your box won't update because you have a bad nvram. What is the current firmware version for your area?
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

TUNDRA wrote:You can do this buy simply Getting a Backup of another box with same board rev. Make a backup and write to problem Box. No need to go thru so much Trouble.
I don't have 100% working box of same model. I have working 2224 but not dct700.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

jatucker wrote:Your box won't update because you have a bad nvram. What is the current firmware version for your area?
i think 3.47 or 3.49.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

The latest I know of is 3.46. I have 3.46 if you want a full back up of the firmware.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

jatucker wrote:The latest I know of is 3.46. I have 3.49 if you want a full back up of the firmware.
I will take it. Thanks.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:I don't have 100% working box of same model. I have working 2224 but not dct700.
In this case you can use the info from any DCT700 and the NVRAM from your Box and it will work. I can send you a full back up if you PM me an e-mail addy
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

TUNDRA wrote:In this case you can use the info from any DCT700 and the NVRAM from your Box and it will work. I can send you a full back up if you PM me an e-mail addy
check ur PM.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:check ur PM.
OK got it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
joe9877000

Post by joe9877000 »

jatucker wrote:The error indicates a problem, could be the wrong emmid frequency. Could be the wrong data in the nvram. Check under screen #2 and see if the box is connected with good signal strength.
Yes, the box is connected with good signal. The interesting thing is that when I load the NVRAM and then connect it to cable, the tv-guide goes away and on diagnostic #10 on top, it shows ASTB Invalid. But when I change a sequence on NVRAM on the second to last line from 01 01 to 03 01, then it shows ASTB VALID and the tv-guide stays on and all my channels work except for VOD( which i used to have). However, the box doesn't update. I need to force the box to update in order to get VOD. What should I do?
Thanks in advance
PS. for VOD, it gives me communication error. I have changed UPM and UID, but no use. I believe NVRAM needs to update. Am i right?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

joe9877000 wrote:Yes, the box is connected with good signal. The interesting thing is that when I load the NVRAM and then connect it to cable, the tv-guide goes away and on diagnostic #10 on top, it shows ASTB Invalid. But when I change a sequence on NVRAM on the second to last line from 01 01 to 03 01, then it shows ASTB VALID and the tv-guide stays on and all my channels work except for VOD( which i used to have). However, the box doesn't update. I need to force the box to update in order to get VOD. What should I do?
Thanks in advance
PS. for VOD, it gives me communication error. I have changed UPM and UID, but no use. I believe NVRAM needs to update. Am i right?
Has to download guide before you can test it. No Guide No VOD's
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

I can't really offer you much help with vod. On the dct2224 you need a correct nvram as I believe whether or not the vod app will load is based on the nvram. The change you made to the last line of the nvram from 01 01 to 03 01 changes the emmid frequency. This is the frequency which the box communicates back to the head end. This needs to be valid for your area, if the box is connecting back you can see on screen #2 of the diagnostics. You should see a * next to data and emm data and a Good for the SNR.

Forcing the firmware update won't bring you vod. You really need a local nvram with vod activated. There is probably a simple way to activate it but I haven't had the opportunity to test with vod very much.

If the box says ASTB VALD then it is up to date the firmware is correct.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

Big THANKS goes to jatucker and tundra for all the help they provided. My kids are heppy now because of them. Thanks again fellows.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:Big THANKS goes to jatucker and tundra for all the help they provided. My kids are heppy now because of them. Thanks again fellows.
Glad you got it Solved. ;)
marieloszelaya

Post by marieloszelaya »

ilavu wrote:Big THANKS goes to jatucker and tundra for all the help they provided. My kids are heppy now because of them. Thanks again fellows.
how to resolved the vod problem??? i have the same problem in my box, do you have a valid nvram? if you have please send me...

Thank you
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marieloszelaya wrote:how to resolved the vod problem??? i have the same problem in my box, do you have a valid nvram? if you have please send me...

Thank you
Re-Read Thread. Maybe you will understand second time around? Not Nvram Related.