uid

XC chip, auth and block SPI command.
junctionbox

uid

Post by junctionbox »

learned on my system if i change or fake my uid to began with 08 or 07 my uid works fine and ip comes in immediately i believe these numbers come from another state or some where far now if i use uid numbers that began with 03 or 02 ,01 a conflick occur this is when i have more jamming i also learned if i take this same box and go 10 to 15 miles this box never jams when ordering vod im just shedding some light and this might not work for everyone i guess depending on the state you live in .another thing it seems to me dct2224 and 2244 has alot of loopholes that i feel will soon be broken .
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

How do you know the conflict occurs?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

some areas work some dont i had a box i changed uid with diferent begning and i was getting kicked off a lot my area is best with 10 from 700's on 2000
tester5

Post by tester5 »

when a conflict accurs there is a MAC abort code displayed on diagnostig 12...

usualy from all 0000 to 0001 0003 0005 dont know why yet but happend.
junctionbox

uid

Post by junctionbox »

the conflick occurs on most boxes in my area have uid numbers that begin with 01,02 or 03 now if i apply the whole 6 numbers and make up the last 4 numbers usally i can order uod for a day with some jamming but if 2 days pass i cant order at all now if i use numbers for uid that began with 07,08 09 normally i can order vod continuouosly with few jam sessions also i notice my ip constantly changes the last number when i use 07,08or 09 to start my uid to fake i beleive its searching for home or to match that uid to the right address thats why the ip changes constantly.another technic i learned is when the box start to jam i immediately turn the box off press select goto dianostic screen 12 on front of the box will have a number 1 after 3 minutes the 1 will turn to A thats when ill turn the box on and immediately start to order sometime i could order for hours before i have to do this again i use the same techniq with dct2500 series boxes also but the 2224 and 2244 this techniq works fine . also i encountered boxes that says (unconfig) when i goto dianostic screen 12 i have to take nvram and play with this box to accept vod
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I remember adrianbv6 asked if we can use remote to change UID because that will make the testing faster than program a UID. I will think this and after finish the JTAG HD supoprt I will try to do it.
You guys had done great testing and I need to make this easier for you.
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Ok, don't flame but i have tried many ways of changing the uid and still have not figured out how to save and make the change.I have saved the nvram and Nvram convereted uid from dec to hex found it and changed in the hex editor flashed it back but it didn't change.Used the tools in DCT testing but i guess i am lost on how to save and make change perm.
junctionbox

change uid

Post by junctionbox »

reset 1 init getram code now goto dct testing highlight 07.96 press enter check fake uid always begin with (0) then use any number after that goto diagnostic screen 10 and 12 10 should say vod enable and 12 must not say unconfig good luck
afallison

Post by afallison »

me & dragonmas have been working on this together. when we enter a new uid and hit ok, the software says to "dont forget to program the chip." what next? reflash the firmware, nvram, or leave it?

the real problem is when we goto diagnostic screen 5 - where the uid is shown - it is the same everytime - it never changes. how do we PERMANTLY change the uid. if you anyone could just give step by step with commands, kinda dummy proof it for us, we would really appreciate it.

like i said in an earlier post, i've worked on modems, but they bore me now. im ready to dig in deeper into dct's. thanks for all your help guys! and thanks for helping the new guys. just remember, we can only get better.

:)
junctionbox

the lesson

Post by junctionbox »

reset 1 init getram code now goto dct testing check either 07.96 or 07.93 now put fake id make sure to check fake id now put what ever number make sure to start with zero first now type in reset 1 init flshdct code then push enter next type in reset 1 init program 406000 aa000 only if its ph7,8 or 9 i hope this will help
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Ok,
got the uid changing now.Do we also need to change the network
id to match? i can get an ip address and running state in option 12
but don't get vod to load in option 10?
junctionbox

you need

Post by junctionbox »

TO READ THE FORUMS AND TAKE YOUR TIME YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Thanks for all the replies all is working now,don't really need to see all caps.I might be slow but not blind! :)
tester5

Post by tester5 »

lol