Re: UID Theory

XC chip, auth and block SPI command.
virus.b

Re: UID Theory

Post by virus.b »

Got a question regarding UID. If I clone the UID from a working unit, will I automatically get all the same channel package from the working UID?? Does the UID determine which package is authorized or not authorized?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

virus.b wrote:Got a question regarding UID. If I clone the UID from a working unit, will I automatically get all the same channel package from the working UID?? Does the UID determine which package is authorized or not authorized?
No. Since I know you are with shaw, clone UID might not even give you VOD. But at one time clone a valid VOD you can get VOD working.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

you cant anymore if step2 in security is active.
virus.b

Re: UID = GI XXXX ??

Post by virus.b »

When one calls into the CC and gives them the "GI" number, is this GI number ONLY linked to the UID? So basically, one can buy a DCT from Ebay and just change the UID to a legit UID and they will be able to have it activated right? Most of the CC will NOT activate a box outside their area. (e.g. Ebay)
tester5

Post by tester5 »

no and how many times everyone say no...UID is only a part of the entire CLONE,, to clone a BOX you must clone the XC chip that nobody cant even read yet.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

virus.b wrote:When one calls into the CC and gives them the "GI" number, is this GI number ONLY linked to the UID? So basically, one can buy a DCT from Ebay and just change the UID to a legit UID and they will be able to have it activated right? Most of the CC will NOT activate a box outside their area. (e.g. Ebay)
No. The UID is faked when program a fake UID. The read UID is in XC chip, which cannot be changed now. So if you call the CC and give the fake UID, you will receive the command but your XC chip will reject the command as it is not meant for this XC chip.

XC chip only receives the command meant for it. Normal box will receive command from CC and the XC chip accept the auth command thus the channels are open. Faked UID will receive the command for that UID that is faked. The XC chip found that is not legal command and reject the command and no channels will be opened.
virus.b

Re: More Demand, More chance to Break XC

Post by virus.b »

I guess its only a matter of time until someone will eventually break the XC dicipher code. After all, the satellite provider(s) claim that their system cannot be compromised, but look what happened?? If we actually had more users playing around with digital cable rather than satellite, the XC chip would have been compromised by now.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

there must be someone out there that knows how ...but why would he say ? the way it is now its more then enough...its controlled you cant abuse system ... its good
test on already subbed boxes or sub then downgrade.