XC chip.

XC chip, auth and block SPI command.
bug

XC chip.

Post by bug »

I have like over 30 DCT boxes. and like 10 are worth messing with the other 20 have NO Digi Channels on then.....

If I remove the XC chip on good box that have ever channel and mount it on a board the did not have no Digi channels what would I get. or will it work....

also could there be a way to read/write the chip when off the board. in a programmer......

just think out Side of the box.....

befor I trash the 20 boxes.
techno

Post by techno »

You'll just trash your boxs. Once the XC looses power from the battery it's worthless. Unless you can figure out how to reset it all you'll get ie E11.
wiggim

Post by wiggim »

theres definatly a way to read the chip.. It has to be. If someone designed it someone can read it. The chips been developed & released in 99 (or before) and no one found an in yet, 9 years later. Think you will be lucky?

this isn't as big as satellite. theres not millions of dollar transactions for a single map routine, theres small amounts of money and time put into R&D on the boxes, not several whole corporations developing for it.. If someone did however figure out how to reprogram the XC chip - sure enough none of these boxes would work anymore on any cable provider. Sad thing about 2 way comm systems.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

your mistaken...this system is way more complex then the dish..look at DirectTV...they use same system on some of their equipment nobody hack that. either

but your right dish was hacked because that is not based on areas...so everyone can work and find loops faster...here i doubt that any other then bdm and that chiper guy if hes around can figure out by themself its hard but can be cracked ..what chiper said you can find the permanent encryption/decrypt key on your box. he said would take about 3months to brute force key . and that key will not work on any other box then yours.

XC is hard coded in factory based on serial number on the XCchip they program the permanent data like Gi or other crap....after that they program uid place battery on board and ready to accept auth commands.
bug

Post by bug »

For Got about the Battary think with the XC.
haute

Post by haute »

teter5, what is necesary to hack the auth commands by brute force? do you know how is auth the commands?

the key for auth commands is in this format? xx xx xx xx UA UA UA UA.

In the auth commands there is two hash encripted line bytes. one it is the hash of the command and the other is the hash of message? .

because nobody post anything relationated with the search the keys of auth commands?

best regards.

sorry for my english.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

as cipher said.
you must get ppv data before and after. the purchase...that is encrypted...with that you can brute force to find key.

i have not done this myself because i have access to boxes with all channels and i do not plan to hack it anyway.
bug

Post by bug »

tester5 wrote:as cipher said.
you must get ppv data before and after. the purchase...that is encrypted...with that you can brute force to find key.

i have not done this myself because i have access to boxes with all channels and i do not plan to hack it anyway.
what in the warehouse, where you can test a box out deauth the box, take it home and BDM it? that what I do here in Tn.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

something like that.
henrysmooth

Post by henrysmooth »

Perhaps a combination of the GI and unit numbers? or is the GI number controlling the analog half of the thing? Which one first and next? encriptions?, Im sure.
This almost remins me of the pagers that couldnt be reset or the cellphones two sets of numbers to program them.On the other side of thinking,..Too bad that XC couldnt be removed and bypassed somehow...