Rip free tv

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

themloglegs

Rip free tv

Post by themloglegs »

just got this box and its already dead. waste of money and time. i dont know much about this stuff but i dont think i did anything wrong to make it not work anymore uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

themloglegs wrote:just got this box and its already dead. waste of money and time. i dont know much about this stuff but i dont think i did anything wrong to make it not work anymore uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
HUH????:rolleyes:

Hard to find free stuff!
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

That shit sure as Hell isn't FREE. Moderately expensive. And, I think that the FCC ruled that it was illegal in a ruling last week.
Wolfgang

What went wrong? No more free cable?

Post by Wolfgang »

Killswitch wrote:... I think that the FCC ruled that it was illegal in a ruling last week.
The OP says he got the box, spent certain time working on it and no results! What kind of post is that? Did he know everything about hacking cable but nothing worked? Or he just expresses his frustration like we haven't seen it by now?
And what was ruled by FCC as illegal? Stealing cable services or buying cable boxes from third party? The posts are really confusing lately, people are not expressing what exactly they have done or what they want.
I have a dozen of useless cable boxes, they all went down, sooner or later. Anyway, I don't give a damn, there is still High Definition free TV over the air. I am not paying a damn cent to the cable company to watch TV shows full of commercials. I can have those for free, over 50 channels here in Denver. As far as the premium shows from HBO and ShowTime, they are available for download on Torrent sites just 15 min after the airing . Long Live the Torrents!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

This is what you get from many Americans - quick to complain, slow to act accordingly. At first, I thought he was making reference to those modules that offer a Streaming feed for between 2 and 3 hundred American dollars. They were ruled illegal by the FCC because their feed was too hot and live and didn't offer a Network to put restrictions on what you get to see. Have you ever heard the approach you'll get from an Install Tech with a Box that falls off the back of their van ? Their units start around $250. and they'll guarantee the thing for a year or so. And, their clientele snap them up and take them on their good word. They'll say that a fake account has been created and that it's a legit box. The KEYS get changed twice (2x) a year in this part of the East Coast. And, if you ask a Tech what a KEY is, he ain't never heard of such a thing ! That's how far ahead us Members are here. Now, how to get past the issue of Updating Keys ......
themloglegs

Post by themloglegs »

yeah yeah let me expalin i had the box for 6 months and now its only local channels and says not authorzied cannels. does any else in the chicago area getting this happening?
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

themloglegs wrote:yeah yeah let me expalin i had the box for 6 months and now its only local channels and says not authorzied cannels. does any else in the chicago area getting this happening?

Only go to channel 21
I think the box's were running for 2 years

4 - RNG110 h/w down
2 - DCT700 s/w down

Here come da keys
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, where are they? Are they being Cloaked like we were on the Enterprise ? Totally transparent ? When this first happened to me on April Fools Day 2013 in Phila, I saw a guy using a Macreigor Demon 2 JTAG to shock these boxes back to a productive life. Asked him how he did it and he told me to fill an envelope with $150. and he would tell me about the Software he was using to run it. Needless to say, he didn't see a dime. Think that I made a big mistake. I have peeps all over this city without a clue. Should've paid the Man. The Inner Circle here are a bunch of Pansies.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:Yea, where are they? Are they being Cloaked like we were on the Enterprise ? Totally transparent ? When this first happened to me on April Fools Day 2013 in Phila, I saw a guy using a Macreigor Demon 2 JTAG to shock these boxes back to a productive life. Asked him how he did it and he told me to fill an envelope with $150. and he would tell me about the Software he was using to run it. Needless to say, he didn't see a dime. Think that I made a big mistake. I have peeps all over this city without a clue. Should've paid the Man. The Inner Circle here are a bunch of Pansies.
he might have told you about the software but I guarantee he wouldn't have given you the software. that software you require is big bucks my friend..:( there are other things you can also use but the problem with that is figuring out the proper codes to send to the boxes....:eek:
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Everything about the Macreigor Demon 2 JTAG is top dollar. I'm not quite ready to buy one new for apprx. $750. These units don't make it to EBay because of their versatility. This Tool does a lot more than the already excellent piece of equipment available here at a very reasonable $65 . Was already told that it's worth its weight in Gold. And, somehow, I'm not surprised.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

My DCT700 went down too. What is the alternative though? Giving them my money? HA! They'd never let go!

That tool is costly, I laughed out loud when I saw "mid price". Also, the software is over double the price of the hardware. What world are we living in here ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Interesting Macraigor device. We can simply out class this device if have more resource.
Our software is multi-platform when most JTAG out there are not.
One interesting project is to add GDB support which can be interesting but I do not see a lot of demand yet. Only a few hardcore guy would like to use it.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Are you suggesting that you can move beyond the platform of a combined BDM/JTAG pro tool and keep the pricetag reasonable ? So far, I give you credit as a Businessman because it's difficult to be as Technical as you are and be a strong Businessman at the same time. These two skills are usually hard to combine into one. I'm sure that you know that. You've done reasonably well at it.
Wolfgang

The problem here is not the hardware, JTAG is a JTAG.

Post by Wolfgang »

The real problem here is how to discuss those things in public without been scrutinized (and perhaps shot down) That is why you don't see many posts online about that other "super tool" which is I am sure more about the tricks and codes than the hardware itself. Even with the simplest and cheapest serial connection that requires only a $2.00 worth RS232 converter and a free software (Teraterm), miracles can be done in the right hands with the right knowledge (codes).
This site has openly shot down discussion about advanced programming of cable boxes and modems, hence the interest for the JTAG-NT tool has drastically decreased. What has happened to so many deleted posts that initiated discussion about the cable cards cracking? The secrets are kept within the inner circle and no surprise there, "think out of the box" is all the help you can get. I was always wondering what the hell are the guys trying to accomplish with all those flash backups of cars, routers, modems and what not? I guess they are just trying to justify the money they have spent on the tool they have just bought. Not much more than that. It's too late for any advanced programming, not at least on this forum for sure.
Froperept

Post by Froperept »

Nerfed to local channels as of this morning, Sacramento. :rolleyes: