Finally down...

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

redaromastone

Finally down...

Post by redaromastone »

After 2 years, my box finally got hit. Turned on my TV to find "not authorized" on all channels. It is a sad day.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

You couldn't possibly be living in the USA . It took two (2) years for them to catch up to you ? I'm in awe of that. Without exaggeration, you must reside in Siberia. Way out yonder.
redaromastone

Post by redaromastone »

Yeah, I am in the USA. This box is in Mexico with family.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Get use to it now its going to be like every six month, those keys is digitally cut the lock smith at the corner shop can't help you.
Good better best
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

What box were you using?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

He was using a DCT2224 in Death Valley Arizona. It took his Box and its Spirit is the only thing that remains.
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

If you're with Shaw or Cogeco, I find that really hard to believe. They started updating Keys at exactly the same time that Xfinity went into Overdrive - November of 2012. Before that, Keys got Updated every 3-4 years. Just imagine that! Nobody out in the mainstream society knows how to do what we do here for shits/giggles. And, yet, Security from Hell (Comcast) has a bulletproof T-5 transmission and has been in gear against TOS since 11/12 . Needless to say, Security from Hell is delusional. I'm close to Writing to the Chip and, I give it another 3-4 months before I perfect the technique. And, since NOBODY had the Chops to move forward on writing Updated Keys back into the XC, I ain't gonna say Spit about it when I perfect the technique.
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Why sweat the details ? You delete virtually everything that ya Post. Makes no nevermind by me.
Vadvapegul

Post by Vadvapegul »

i also had my box go down in AZ...... what a terrible time for this to happen!!!!! all i wanted was to watch the world cup:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: