suckcast sucks

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

Team Windowpane

suckcast sucks

Post by Team Windowpane »

ive been using a box for awhile now and it was working pretty alright until last week when my channels stopped wroknig. WTFfffffffffff i didnt do anything new or anything. anyone have any advice im in fresno ca with a dct 700
moddog

Post by moddog »

Team Windowpane wrote:ive been using a box for awhile now and it was working pretty alright until last week when my channels stopped wroknig. WTFfffffffffff i didnt do anything new or anything. anyone have any advice im in fresno ca with a dct 700
Need more information as to what happen like is it now blank screen or is it saying temporary off air.
Good better best
Team Windowpane

blank screen
moddog

Post by moddog »

Team Windowpane wrote:blank screen
Was the box protected, is it now a black screen or multiple color?
Good better best
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Let me guess - this box is totally renegade. Not on Account. Did ya expect the 700 to keep running happily until the cows jump over the Moon ? Comcast has made their brand of Security famous. It's Security from Hell. Take your remote and go into the Diagnostics Menu. Turn your box off using the Power button, quickly followed by the OK/Select button. Go onto the first page - 01 -At the top lets you know if you've got any errors. If it says E00 and you've still got a blank screen, you're fucked and might have to shed the box away in the closet to collect dust. If it says E 01, you've been Disconnected and might be able to Reconnect the box using the JTAG. Lots of luck with this one, you're up to your gills in Quicksand with no rope to stretch for.
Wolfgang

this is a comcrap nightmare

Post by Wolfgang »

The OP did not give a detailed description of the issue. My three DCT-700 have E00 and One Moment Please on almost all channels. They won't update the channel map although the OOB has a good ratio of 24 dB. There are just a very few useless channels still running though. I would understand perfectly if there was a key change and the channels were showing Not Authorized but for this I don't have an explanation :confused:
afterhoursalex

theres a fix for that

Post by afterhoursalex »

inbox me please
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

You'll have to be a stone-cold Magician to book coverage on this issue. One Moment, Please is indicative of not having enuf signal or having your tuner(s) disabled. He's got Signal in both the OOB and InBand directions. What happened to Mr. Wolfgang is a once off, totally extracurricular glitch. He needs an Activation Code sent into his box. Nothing more or less. Kinda like the way they brought Frankenstein off the table. High Voltage !
Team Windowpane

Dammit! I just checked the hidden menu and well... E00!! I even tried reflashing the NVRAM from my neighbors legit box still nada. What steps do I take next guys?

@killswitch there are a few cows here in fresno but haven't seen any jump over the moon. There's this drunk guy that claims he can tho
moddog

Post by moddog »

It simply and easy to no if there was keys change in your area, just write a good backup to the box if you get just free channels that simply mean its time to visit mr smith.
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

afterhoursalex wrote:inbox me please
Check your Inbox please.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Something has happened where the Cows are offering Chocolate Milk to eager Farmers. Your Keys have been Updated and this is the way that Comcast clears a deckjam of boxes that are not on Account and not getting payed for. I'm in Phila PA and, out this way, they do that every six (6) months. There isn't a creative way to wake it up outside of putting the box onto an Account which they will NOT do if it's a Third Party box and not part of their current inventory. You'll have to be a Rocket Scientist and, get ready to jump like the Cows do - might be a little easier with some good Ganja from Humboldt County. Get on your Pogo Stick and jump !
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

moddog wrote:It simply and easy to no if there was keys change in your area, just write a good backup to the box if you get just free channels that simply mean its time to visit mr smith.
Doesn't Key Change mean "Not Authorized" message on the screen? I have yet to see that because 99% of the channels say "One Moment Please" A few useless channels are open though. Still confused here :confused:
One more detail, if older firmware the boxes will update the Plat Code but they will not update the rest of the code modules. The missing modules could be replaced from a back-up but the boxes still won't update the channel map, a real screw up. I leave them without protection and they don't get de-authorized either.
Something is preventing the updates although the OOB SNR ratio is good (24dB).
Maybe it's a new trick with the latest firmware. Unfortunately the old firmware causes boxes to go to Boot-Loop when unprotected, all of them.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Over the years i see 3 different type of keys change in my area, not authorized, one moment plz and this one put the iceing on the cake a total blank screen.
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

moddog wrote:Over the years i see 3 different type of keys change in my area, not authorized, one moment plz and this one put the iceing on the cake a total blank screen.
It seems to me no rules apply anymore when it come to countermeasures from cacos. The hell with these boxes, I am already sick of this cable TV war. Long live the Torrents :)